So I upgraded to the latest vray, and Live Link stopped working, see images.
If I downgrade to Update 4 DR 2 it’s working.
3Ds Max 2024.
Also see the odd messages about active view…
Hi,
I can’t identify the issue right away, as there are no errors in the log. But what are the exact V-Ray build you are comparing/switching ?
V-Ray 7.40.04 (Update 4 hotfix 2) latest one and older build?
Does the Vantage app start automatically when you click its icon in the 3ds Max/V-Ray toolbar?
I was having trouble with the latest build, and the 2nd latest build, hence why I rolled back to the 3rd latest build.
I always start Vantage first, then start server, then click the live link button in Max. I’ve found just clicking the live link button doesn’t always start Vantage, but maybe that changed recently. Plus I’ll often have 2 Max’s open, and change from one to another, so manually just connect with live link when needed.
The thing that I also noticed with the latest version of vray is that when I click live link, it won’t change the render engine to GPU, instead it changes the active shader, and leaves the main renderer as vray cpu.
Does it help if you reset 3dsMax (https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Resetting-3ds-Max-3ds-Max-Design.html) and install the latest V-Ray 7 build ?
Maybe we can try to help with this remotely. Do you mind if I start a ticket for this issue and then provide information about the remote session booking process ?
yea I’d rather not reset 3DsMax right now, as it’s time to get everything back to how I like it.
but sure, a remote session would be fine, stick a ticket on it
Maybe change connection port? Or delete ENU?
According to the issue description, the old working build is still a DR2 build so the port should be the same 20703 for the LL. Maybe something else is causing the issue.