No announcement yet.

test scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Added some new results for ATI cards with the latest drivers; things seem much better now.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

• Which drivers does everyone recommend from Nvidia for some GPU RT action?

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by scottsch View Post
        It will be interesting to see how the scene renders in 3dsmax 2012 (to be released April 8th). I converted the test scene for use with iray, and had many problems with 3dsmax 2011 crashing because of the scene size (which should not be the case, there is nothing in the scene that should be a problem).

Maybe 2012 will help with rendering also. It's supposed to drastically improve viewport speed and geometry import, which I've had nothing but problems with in 2010 and 2011.
        Any chance of posting the iray scene? I would like to see how they compare.

Comment

• Hello, new score with the new RT GPU and the lastest beta nvidia drivers.

VRAY RT 2.10.01
          Nvidia drivers 275.27 beta

4x GTX580 = 47 sec
          6x GTX580 = 34 sec
          GHiOM = Guillaume Gaillard
          freelance 3D artist
          www.ghiom.com

Comment

• How does it compare to the old drivers?

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

• RT 2.10.01 with the new beta drivers seems a little slower but nearly identical than RT2.0 with 2.70 driver when rendering little path per pixel.
              When you let cooking longer, the new driver + RT 2.10.01 look a little more fast .
              GHiOM = Guillaume Gaillard
              freelance 3D artist
              www.ghiom.com

Comment

• Some very preliminary results with the latest CPU drivers for OpenCL from Intel and AMD. Note: on the 24-core machines, neither driver seems to utilize all CPU cores fully - I'm not yet sure why, but we will be looking into it. If all the cores were working to the max, then the results should be even better.

*) Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5660 @ 2.80GHz (24 logical cores), Intel OpenCL: 5m 2s
                *) Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5660 @ 2.80GHz (24 logical cores), AMD OpenCL: 4m 31s
                *) Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 logical cores), Intel OpenCL: 15m 47s
                *) AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 6168 @ 1.90 GHz (24 logical cores), AMD OpenCL: 6m 8s

Best regards,
                Vlado
                Last edited by vlado; 01-06-2011, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• 2x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E7-4870 @ 2.40GHz (40 logical cores): 5m 35s

P.S. At a middle of render time system is out of (64 GB!!!) memory and start swapping...
                  P.P.S. Trying to run DR on same machine (on second CPU group). It has 4 CPUs (80 cores in 2 CPU groups)...
                  Last edited by iTiunov; 18-06-2011, 04:47 AM.
                  Ivan Tiunov
                  Red Screw + Production

Comment

• Ivan Tiunov
                    Red Screw + Production

Comment

• The CPU version of the RT engine will currently crash because of the large reflection/refraction/GI depth. This will be fixed for the next update.

Best regards,
                      Vlado

Comment

• Thanks... Do U use special version of V-Ray to run Intel/AMD OpenCL?
                        Ivan Tiunov
                        Red Screw + Production

Comment

• Originally posted by iTiunov View Post
                          Thanks... Do U use special version of V-Ray to run Intel/AMD OpenCL?
                          Yes, I had to make some minor changes to the OpenCL code to get it to compile on Intel OpenCL and also some changes to allow one to specify CPU OpenCL plaftorms for rendering. If you are interested in this build, please email me to vlado@chaosgroup.com. However, like I said, we need to make some other changes to utilize all CPU cores through OpenCL.

Best regards,
                          Vlado

Comment

• Hello. I wrote You e-mail some days ago... Waiting for reply. Thank You.
                            Ivan Tiunov
                            Red Screw + Production

Comment

• Just got my new watercooled SLI rig up and running.

My time was 1m 20s. - 2x Gainward Nividia GTX 580 3GB.
                              www.bpositive.dk

Comment

• @ Bpositive

which drivers are you using?

Comment

Working...
                                X