No announcement yet.

Vantage 2.2 Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a work around for these crashes (until we release a patch), you can try disabling all animation on your ForestPro objects.
    This has the additional benefit of not exporting the ForestPro instances on each frame, which can save a lot of time when rendering an animation.

One reason for a ForestPro object to be marked as animated is the Limit to Visibility option,
    since that changes the instances each frame if the camera is animated. Make sure that's off.

In your scene, two ForestPro objects have Limit to Visibility enabled and are the reason for the crash : "Forest grama" and "Forest Arvores genericas"

Click image for larger version

Name:	forest_pro_limit_to_visibility.png
Views:	168
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	1197259

Greetings,
    Vladimir Nedev
    Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Hello Vladimir! Any updates? oh! i didn't see the last post! Thanks!!

Comment

hello Vladimir!
        I tested the workaround but only works in the first frames, after a few frames the same error appear!

Comment

Originally posted by victor_torres View Post
          hello Vladimir!
          I tested the workaround but only works in the first frames, after a few frames the same error appear!
          Are you sure you disabled it on all ForestPro objects in the scene ?

Can you send us the new dump file and/or modified scene ?
          We will release a patch soon that fixes the crash reported in this thread.
          However we need to be sure there isn't a different type of crash.

Also note that while the Vantage patch will fix the crash, animated ForestPro objects won't have correct tint color/uvs if frame!=0.
          For this, there will be a V-Ray for 3dsMax patch at some point, as the root cause was there.

Greetings,
          Vladimir Nedev
          Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

NIce! i'm sure i disabled all "limits to visibility" on forests. i have 1 warning about Vray distance material maybe can be that.
            For now i have to roll back to previosu vray version (still with vantage 2.2) but times between frames it's ten times more!
            With the new vray is so quickly! (new vray 20 minuts 240 frames with 6.12 2 horus and 20 min!!!!!
            that i have to roll back the vantage too?

Comment

NIce! i'm sure i disabled all "limits to visibility" on forests. i have 1 warning about Vray distance material maybe can be that.​
              I don't think the crash can be caused by the distance material/texture.
              Can you send us this version of the scene or the dump file ? How many frames before it crashes ? Is it a crash in V-Ray or Vantage ?

For now i have to roll back to previosu vray version (still with vantage 2.2) but times between frames it's ten times more!
              With the new vray is so quickly! (new vray 20 minuts 240 frames with 6.12 2 horus and 20 min!!!!!
              that i have to roll back the vantage too?​
              If it's the same crash as earlier, i.e. animated ForestPro object, it's enough to roll back to the previous V-Ray version.

Greetings,
              Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Vantage_b1992055_p46308.rar As simple as you get for a scene

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2023-12-14 100846.png Views:	0 Size:	206.9 KB ID:	1197650
                Last edited by glorybound; 14-12-2023, 11:15 AM.
                Bobby Parker
                www.bobby-parker.com
                e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Following the thread; having the same issue as the other posters. So if I am reading correctly, to resolve this for now (until a patch) we should roll back to previous version of vray and that will solve the crash in Vantage 2.2 and the mini-dump? I did test just turning off all my FP in the scene and sure enough, Vantage ended up rendering with out the random crash as stated by others.

Comment

There are no ItooSoft things here. Rolling back was the option, but the latest update was supposed to fix the issue.
                    Bobby Parker
                    www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
                      As simple as you get for a scene
                      So looks like there is no FP in your test scene, lol there goes that theory. Does the crash still happen if you roll back your version for vray?

Comment

I haven't rolled back, but it worked before.Vantage has been bricked since the latest V-Ray.
                        Bobby Parker
                        www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Patch is coming in under 24 hours.
                          Nikola Goranov
                          Chaos Developer

Comment

Originally posted by PixelWindChill View Post
                            Following the thread; having the same issue as the other posters. So if I am reading correctly, to resolve this for now (until a patch) we should roll back to previous version of vray and that will solve the crash in Vantage 2.2 and the mini-dump? I did test just turning off all my FP in the scene and sure enough, Vantage ended up rendering with out the random crash as stated by others.
                            Or you can disable Limit to Visibility​ like I mentioned above.
                            This will also make the export faster (less time between frames when rendering live link animation).

So looks like there is no FP in your test scene, lol there goes that theory. Does the crash still happen if you roll back your version for vray?​
                            There could be multiple different causes for a crash after all.

Vantage_b1992055_p46308.rar As simple as you get for a scene​
                            Thanks, this shows an exception and a crash in the code that encodes mp4 files.
                            One possible work around is to not save to mp4.
                            Can you also give us the "%appdata%\Chaos Group\Vantage\debug_log.txt" file, it should give us more info.
                            You can try updating your GPU driver.

Greetings,
                            Vladimir Nedev

Comment

Working...
                            X