New build available - VRay 1.09.03a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New build available - VRay 1.09.03a

(*) The VRay material is re-organized and split into rollups.
    (*) The VRay material supports anisotropy for glossy reflections.
    (*) The min/max rate for interpolated glossy effects is decoupled from the min/max rate of the irradiance map. Using interpolated glossy effects no longer requires GI to be on or to be set to irradiance map. Note that old materials using interpolated glossies need to be checked manually, since the interpolation options will not be transferred.
    (*) Improved compatibility with the finalToon render effect. The finalToon shader does not work correctly, but lines should be rendered properly.
    (*) Added an Exclude button to VRayLight.
    (*) Added a messages window that outputs some (useful) information. The messages are actually portions of the VRayLog.txt file. Messages are divided into four categories: informative messages, warning messages, error messages and debug messages. Warning messages are colored in greed, error messages are colored in red. There are some options in the System rollout to control the output window.
    (*) The Shift parameter in VRayDisplacementMod works both with 2d and 3d displacement.
    (*) Fixed a memory leak with 3d displacement in animation.
    (*) GBuffer channels were not correct for objects behind other "Invisible to camera" objects.

I think we need some kind of intro to the new anisotropic reflection stuff..

-Tom

Comment

We'll provide some example scenes tomorrow with some info on how to use it.
      Peter
      ...keep walking...

Comment

i got it to work okay on a teapot with hdri reflections, but some docs and scenes would help a bunch

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

after a few tests with the anistropic shader on a file ive always been messing with trying to other techniques to get anistropy, it rendered about the same speed whether using the anistropy enabled or not COOL!

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

"low thread priority" ? thatĀ“s new....

Comment

You lucky bastards

For me it isn't working..
              I get this strange message, so I have to go back to the previous version.

I hope there's an answer soon.

greetz,
              Leon

Comment

The new anisotropy is great! But very hard to learn, could you add some examples to the manual? It took me 1 hour to understand it.

Any possiblilty to get a preview sphere in the Editor?

VFB still don't work in Max 5.

The Vray light greatly improved with the Exclude option.
                Is there any possiblity to get a Falloff range in the future, so arealights could be more directed (like in Brazil)?

smooth surface shadows shoud be always on!

regards,

robert
                I'm registed believe me! Just miss that logo.

Comment

Cheers Vlado,

Jesus at Next Limit told me the error with motion blur and realwave meshes would be fixed in "the next build" of vray and that you had fixed the issue. However its the same as before, is there a fix for this?

Nagboy
                  Eivind Nag

Comment

@3dform... and how does it work ? canĀ“t find a way

Comment

It seemed to run ok both for Jesus and me; I'll check it one more time though... what kind of errors do you get?

Best regards,
                      Vldo
                      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

It seems to me that Vray doesn't get the geometry from the Realwave meshloader, so when you turn on motion blur vray has not got the future or past mesh to calculate motionblur. The problem only arises in its full form when you network render if you just open the scene with max and press render it seems to work fine in most cases for some strange reason. I can send you an example file if you cant reproduce to problem, but if you try to network render it should be pretty blatant.

Nagboy
                        Eivind Nag

Comment

Ok, I'll try.

Best regards,
                          Vlado
                          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Nice if you find out whats wrong, also try to place a few things in the stack above the meshloader, an UVW map, maybe e mesh select, tesselate, volume select, delete mesh or something, maybe its a combination of the meshloader and a few items in the stack?

Nagboy
                            Eivind Nag

Comment

Originally posted by metroberlin
                              @3dform... and how does it work ? canĀ“t find a way
                              I could send you a sample scene...

Best you should try:

1.) Place an HDRI MAP in the environment slot, so you can see the reflection clearly
                              2.) Set 'reflect' to grey and glossiness to 0.5 (the lower the better)
                              3.) enable 'use interpolation' Its less nice but much faster for testing.
                              4.) Place an object in your scene like a chamfered Cylinder.
                              5.) Go to BRDF rollout and set anisotropy to -0.8 (negative values look better most times.)
                              6.) You should get a nice rendering...
                              7.) play with the Values, remember that anisotropy reacts to UV vectors. At the moment only at the local.

robert
                              I'm registed believe me! Just miss that logo.

Comment

Working...
                              X