No announcement yet.

Important V-Ray 1.5 announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the stuff im rendering right now doesnt fully portray to the fullest the features of the internal. and they wont be finished till atleast the weekend

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

• post anything....

Comment

• I wish I could get my internal build working!!! Having fun with the licensing.

Chris Jackson
        cj@arcad.co.nz
        www.arcad.co.nz
        Chris Jackson
        Shiftmedia
        www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

• Guess that all the people who has access to the internal build is toying around with it, and for the rest of us, mere mortals, there is not even a manual or image to begin drooling

But the time will come, don't despaire. (well you get the idea, don't know how to spell it right)

Comment

• Haem, happy few or not (doing crash tests with in-between builds isn't always funny), we've switched to the new build and are rendering our habituel Myst stuff with it on the farm, at a very good pace.

Gain in memory, gain in speed. Even the huge babymonster scenes are rendering fine. Yeah.

Comment

• Originally posted by vlado
              We have not included any additional materials with the internal build yet, except for the VRayLight material. We still intend to add several simpler materials for the final 1.5.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              thanks for the reply, vlado. That clarifys things a bit

I can't wait for those fake speculars....they gonna make my life easier...

paul.

Comment

• same here..

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

• Gwen, you are definitely braver then I!

I don't have any images, since i've only gotten to play with it a few hours. but I did manage to render out a horribly mangled waaay too bright, reflections silly strong render.. And fix it easily based on the seperation output of the Layers in post.

so recovering from small errors just may be a lot easier.
                  Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

• hi guys
                    question to the users of the new build: is the worflow getting more complex with all these new features or do you feel that it justs make things easier?

Comment

• Hi suitaloon

thats the point

workflow gets faster. Vray still is way easier to handle than for example fr.
                      less options so far.

interface improvements are in also. But the biggest part happens internal the way it handls large amounts of geometry, ore the incredible l-map option that realy boosts all interiorscenes to a much much better workflow.

big step so far

Comment

• two other images

i tested the new displacement. The head was from the z-brush website with a displacementmap. the original head had about 1500 Polys

i am not sure how many the displacement produced. sory

but it was realy increadible fast. just happend in time. two images

the secound has glossys, gi softshadows and a fallofmap in the diffuschannel

this was done with an earlier internal build 1.45.45 as you can see.

Greetings from Hamburg

Tom

www.lichtecht.de

Comment

• wow it looks damn great tom!!!
                          I hope that sss will be faster in the final release.
                          Can't wait to try out the new vray for myself

Comment

• Thank you Tom for sharing some tests...

It's absolutly impressive about render time.

Is the light simpler to set up to get quickly a good result ?
                            I mean, is the light more precise than before, about contrast for example
                            in outside and inside scene ?

Gael

Comment

• How about posting some screenshots of interfaces (material, render settings)??

Comment

• Hi

Well about those interface shots, i am not sure, if Vlado and Peter want this.

So they have to give their go for take off first. At last , the 1.5 isnĀ“t that far away anymore

to gafl:.

well the lightsetup in many cases is easier. first you have those interactive hdri like exposure in the vray framebuffer.

oh my 3 Jahre old son wants to answer too.:

till: vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mm

ok i go on. than you also get some more control overgi contrast right at rendersetup, which maybe will come also on objectcontrol, (i am not sure about this), you get your layers (very very impressive), and you also have some more standart curve-colorcontrols in the vray framebuffer, for controling the immage.

in interior scenes, you can use l-map in simple settings, without i-map, and refractions, to get very very fast and easy to setup light previews.

the new release is a major release more a 2.5 as a 1.5 in my opinion.

Tom

oh., from now on if someone has some internal immages, we maybe should post them in the immages part of the forum, if not, the rest of this forum will soon take place in this single thread

tom

Comment

Working...
                                X