Important V-Ray 1.5 announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mhm

But thats what im speaking about and i think Janus too.

Comment

• Uhm, both Lightmaps and the VRay Fur, as well as other new features are in the latest manual I have access to..

The new material isn't documented yet, but it's just been added to VRay. I'm sure that will be documented soon too.
      Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

• OK, final question DR: Yes or No?

Egz, Natty or Vlado,
        since you testing the version right now, could you answer the simple question. Is DR in this verison or not? I am not sure I did nto mised a post, but the silence does not feel right.....

This is critical feature and for some of use, going back to 5.1 is not an option.

Radim

Comment

• I still use 5.1, so I don't know...

Comment

• hi radimek

DR is not in the Current internal version thats not to say it wont be in the final release.

people just need to hold tight ... there is a silence but only due to the fact that people are working round the clock to bring this ground breaking release to you.
            Natty
            http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

• I missed the addition of the lightmap stuff good read though
              Eric Boer
              Dev

Comment

• I tried to get the new manual but was told that it was only being given to a few users. It is not available to download at the registered users site.

Tony

Comment

• I think it is in "Beta" too, I would expect it to be available with the release of 1.50.
                  Eric Boer
                  Dev

Comment

• hi radimek

DR is not in the Current internal version thats not to say it wont be in the final release.

people just need to hold tight ... there is a silence but only due to the fact that people are working round the clock to bring this ground breaking release to you.
                    i feared that someone will write something like this.

i guess it will be not in v1.5 and if this is the case then GOODBYE VRAY.

look for my companys version on ebay if DR will not be in v1.5.

Comment

• to be clear.

DR was always one of vray bugiest features.
                      if its not in the test build then it is (a) not ready or (b) just perfect, it needs no testing.

i doubt the later.

Comment

• Peter, no-one has said it is not in 1.5 .... sort your attitude out, you sound like my 3 your old.
                        Natty
                        http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

• learn to read natty. i said i GUESS.

i have enough of all this fan boy attitude some show here.

if this disaster (DR with Max 6) would happen on fR or Brazil you would all be full of malicious comments.

damn we PAID for it and now we have to use fR stage-1 because 8 month are not enough to make DR work.

Comment

• cool down and use render strips in max6 while you wait.
                            After all the brazil supportes claim it is "just as good as real DR, just not as elegant"

1.5 is a great version and I'd be using it still even without DR. Not that you should read that like there won't be DR in it.

You are right about DR having been a bit of a problem in the past though. It's been hard to get to work for some people, and it's been hard to understand why. It's always worked like a charm here, but I've tried setting it up other places with no luck.

Comment

• render stripes are a no go when you make use of max post effects.

Comment

• learn to read natty. i said i GUESS.
                                i have enough of all this fan boy attitude some show here.
                                We're happy about VRay, so shoot us....
                                That doesn't mean that we are 100% happy. We report bugs, ask for fixes, changes and features all the time. And most of the time the issues are dealt with very quickly. You get much better results by contacting Chaos directly instead of shouting in the forum.

if this disaster (DR with Max 6) would happen on fR or Brazil you would all be full of malicious comments.
                                Discreet changed things in max6 that means the DR has to change.
                                Brazil still has no DR released. And fR has the advantage of being a DCP plugin, meaning they get a lot better support from discreet than through the Sparks program which I've heard is practically useless.

damn we PAID for it and now we have to use fR stage-1 because 8 month are not enough to make DR work.
                                You've made me curious now. What do you render?

Comment

Working...
                                X