Important V-Ray 1.5 announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it´s mid july and still now v1.5.
    sure you all happy to test another beta that has serveral bugs as usual (glossy, caustics, splotches, crashes).

but we are not waiting for v1.5 any longer.
    max 7 will be out in 3 month and we have still no DR for max 6.

we use maya on 60% of our systems now and we are going to replace max completly this year.

we dropped vray completly and using MR yet.
    having hired a coder who can write MR shader the quality is outstanding and we have less crashes.

this game chaos playes is a joke.

endless promises.

im leaving now and i won´t be back, not that i think some of you will care.

Comment

• good luck .....
      Natty
      http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

• I wasn't aware that MR was completely bug free.

Hopefully he will be happy with MR. I heard that they upgrade every two or three years so he has plenty of time to enjoy that bug free code.

Tony

Comment

• see ya, have a nice trip... :P

-dave
          Cheers,
          -dave
          ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

• sounds like the right decision for ya.......

good luck w/ a "bug free" MR and "fast" updates.... :P

paul.

Comment

• updates are not important if a program can do everything you need.
              when switching to maya anyway it´s the right decision.

happy rendering peter008

Comment

• More communication updates?

I think to help ease the waiting situation it may help if the guys at chaos can give more information about vray & what is happening and more recent updates of when we can expect a final version. I know its hard to put dates on these things & the chaos guys are working really hard with this software.

I think it just needs a slightly more professional touch if you understand what I mean, im not being critical I think it would help ease some tension.

If we clearly know that 1.5 wont be out until Nov, Dec or when ever it maybe at least it will help people like myself to plan big future projects & what software will be most suitable.
                Simon Askham - http://www.supercreative3d.com Rendering with Threadripper 2990WX Asus Prime X399 36GB DDR4

Comment

• they wrote 2 years ago that there will be a v1.1 version, then we saw updates over updates but no v1.1.

i believe we are seeing the same happen again.

peter and vlado where pretty sure of releasing v1.5 in may.
                  now it´s mid july and there are still some bugs to fix (just have a look in the bug´s forum).
                  the betatester told in may that only a few bugs must be fixed and there will be a release soon.

looks like they are all wrong.

i would prefer they give no dates at all and also no information about future releases.

it´s disappointing to see updates after updates again when you thought you will see a rock stable, nearly bugfree version in may.

Comment

• it´s disappointing to see updates after updates again when you thought you will see a rock stable, nearly bugfree version in may.
                    How could they go from unstable to stable, buggy to bugfree without updates???

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

• How could they go from unstable to stable, buggy to bugfree without updates???
                      Testing and finishing the work, before selling ???

Comment

• well Finalrender is at sp2b ...
                        max6 is at sp1
                        xp ...god knows

A good product is never finnished and there will always be updates, would you be happier if they called the last build 1.5 and you had to pay for updates ?.... In my eyes vray now is more stable than ever and people are still maoning ... cant please everyone i geuss ...
                        Natty
                        http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

• Well. I think discussions like these will make sure that Vray will do like most other software developers. That is, not say anything about new features, and not make estimated guesses about when the program will be released.

And that would be a shame I think
                          /Andreas

Comment

• i dont unterstand what's the problem...it doesn't crash or something.
                            the current public beta is totally stable, if you know what your doing.
                            vray is one of the most stable apps i work with.
                            Marc Lorenz
                            ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
                            www.marclorenz.com
                            www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

• if chaos guys only named tha latest build as v1.5 no one here would be moaning and that's weird.

you get frequent updates and you keep complaining.
                              now there's something very wrong with that.

Comment

• Long John,

Why in Gods name are you still using a program that you obviously spend more time complaining about than using? Do us all a favor, buy finalrender or use mental ray. They are both 100% bug free and don't bother their customers with upgrades that improve their products on a regular basis.

I don't like to get personal but if you knew what you were doing, you would realize just how good the latest version is. I don't need to call it 1.5 for it to work like I want it to.

There is nothing wrong with voiceing an opinion, but you sir, have abused that privilage.

Tony

Comment

Working...
                                X