• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quak quak quak...

@long john:" a renderer!"

read

Comment

• Yeah, I beta tested turtle for maya, it's pretty cool but Vray is still a much stronger render, for now at least. They have a forum just like this and I haven't really seen anything spectacular. I'm hoping vray for maya happens before I retire
      www.rayduststudios.com

Comment

• come on people! I want to see this thread at least up to page 50 by the time the version is released!!

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

• Originally posted by percydaman
          come on people! I want to see this thread at least up to page 50 by the time the version is released!!
          rofl its almost half way there

-dave
          Cheers,
          -dave
          â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX â–  ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX â–  GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX â–  ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k â– 

Comment

• Originally posted by percydaman
            come on people! I want to see this thread at least up to page 50 by the time the version is released!!

You are so funny.

The time 1.5 is released we will be at page 200.
            Needs only one posting per day.

:P

Comment

• why is everyone so impatient?

it's not like 1.09 is useless. it does me fine, but yeah ofcourse i'll be happy to get my hands on 1.5, but i can wait.

i'd rather the guys take their time to get things right, than to rush just to please a few complainers and let bugs go unnoticed...
              www.blindleader.tk

Comment

• You may have to read why people complain and you will not have to ask why.

Comment

• Yea well the funny thing is that most are waiting for the all mighty DR and as Vlado has said in another post that max's own form of DR works just as good as using the one that will be built into V-Ray.

-dave
                  Cheers,
                  -dave
                  â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X â–  ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX â–  ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX â–  GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX â–  ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k â– 

Comment

• Yea well the funny thing is that most are waiting for the all mighty DR and as Vlado has said in another post that max's own form of DR works just as good as using the one that will be built into V-Ray.
                    Yes, yes we know that DR won't be the be-all, end-all that some people are hoping for...but it should be easier to manage than render strips...

Comment

• Originally posted by Syclone1
                      Yea well the funny thing is that most are waiting for the all mighty DR and as Vlado has said in another post that max's own form of DR works just as good as using the one that will be built into V-Ray.

-dave

Why coding it then at all?

Lets get rid of that useless function!

Comment

• Here's another pic to entertain you:

Those are XFrog Plants converted with the VrayMaterial Converter. (Xfrog makes heavy use of Opacity) The Soft look comes from the new "Center bias" in the dof settings. (Negative values produce very visible bokeh' lens effects, positive values produce a soft look like you see in the Picture)

The Rendertime was about 10 hours. It took that long because i was gone over the top with my settings. I used 24 samples for the dof effect. Furthermore i used Fixed Rate AA to have the ability to correct the Exposure later on - originally the picture that came out of Vray looked like this: http://www.lichtecht.de/vray_forum/XFrogDOF_orig.jpg
                        For adjusting Exposure the fixed rate AA is better than adaptive AA because the adaptive thinks those totally white areas contain no detail so it undersamples them. When deatils pop up later when i turn down the Exposure they would be very rough due to undersampling. However, The picture would render much faster with adaptive AA and undersampling.
                        For GI i used imap + photon mapping in this picture cause it was faster than lightmap here. (Vlado just told me that he made lightmapping just a little faster with bright materials - yay!)
                        Sascha Geddert
                        www.geddart.de

Comment

• looks good but not ultra realistic.

i think the texture of the flowers can be better.

Comment

• realistic is boring and overhyped. i like this pic a lot for its stylistic approach. it reminds of some photographs that uses a soft, smeared look on the DOF. very cool.

cheers,
                            Rom
                            primarymotion.com
                            zipperint.com

Comment

• What realistic girl

2 Long John

What realistic girl!!!!

beautiful skin and hairs are incredible!!!
                              Is it a work done with the internal version of the 1.5??

I'll do an exhaust one for the waiting of this so much dreamed release 1.5

Workstation: Asus p9x79WS I7 3930K Noctua NH-D14@4200GHz SE2011 16GB RAM Kingston Hyperx Beast SSD 500Gb Samsung x2 SATA3 WD raid edition4 64MB GTX760 2GB DDR5 CoolerMaster 690III

https://www.facebook.com/essetreddi..../photos_albums

Comment

• This topic has already more chapters than santa barbara (tv)

Vlado is worst than Sauron. There are lots of infographers ...One Vray to Rule Them All...

Comment

Working...
                                X