No announcement yet.

Important V-Ray 1.5 announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got my licence in about 20 mins of emailing them!
    Simon Askham - http://www.supercreative3d.com Rendering with Threadripper 2990WX Asus Prime X399 36GB DDR4

Comment

• Hi

Is this new internal build just for certain people? I cannot find it the registered users download area.

Cheers

Neil

Comment

• This is the second phase of testing, making the build available to more people. Hovever it's only available to the users that already have internal build access. Earlier versions have been tested by a smaller group of people.

If you haven't requested internal access earlier, you probably don't have it. I guess you could request access to it by emailing chaos group though.
        Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

• Cheers Egz

I think I'll just wait patiently for the main release, I don't want to hassle Chaos when they are busy

Thanks anyway.

Neil

Comment

• Please! Tell us if there is any news about the SSS???

Thanks

Jr.

Comment

• No - there won't be new/faster SSS in Vray 1.5 (at least until now it's not in)

New things in the VrayMaterial is only Fake Highlights, a fast rendering Opacity Slot and seperated IOR's. A faster SSS algorithm is high on the list for the post 1.5 era though, together with simple and fast shaders.
              Sascha Geddert
              www.geddart.de

Comment

• Improved baker? I think that e3d it's also interested

Comment

• Hi all!
                  New build is COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Comment

• Certainly am.....

Comment

• So, where are does spanking new 1.5 images?,

Comment

• I was talking about the renders that you guys are doing with 1.5

And I logged to my chaos account and as I tought there was no new build, but the updated manual could be there for all of us don't you think?, I mean if it is bugless

Comment

• I second the motion for the availability of the manual. Any way we can get that?

Comment

• Is distributed rendering working with the internal 1.45 build? I would like to give it a try but DR is important for me.
                            thanks
                            http://www.eldaco.net

Comment

• i will wait for phase three of testing who will start 15. december 2004.

not a bad idea to keep interest in vray high.

Comment

• Hi Randy

no Distributed doesn´t work so far with the internals yet. not with 1.45.65 so far.

like Vlado told, it will work the way it worked with max 5 i think.

But still if it wouldn´t be implemented, the new version in my feelings is much faster than the old 1.09xx.

i-map i felt about 30% faster.

by using l-map, things get by far faster. also in external light simulations. so you don´t use i-map with quasi montecarlo in for exterior scenes, but also can use l-map for outside passes.

and in interior scenes l-map is incredibble. very very very easy to setup, (forget photonmapping ), and also quasimontecarlo with l-map for secoundary bounces work.

well you also can use max backburner stripe rendering allready with the new internal,

and at last if you get in rendertime problems, you can force bucketorder on seperate machines, with the same machine.

Comment

Working...
                                X