No announcement yet.

Vray 3.1 - When??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I have installed the new VRay, there is no longer a "Launch Vray License Server" icon to click. I also don't see an executable for one anywhere in the Chaosgroup Program Files folders.
    - Geoff

Comment

See attached.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	VRayMenu.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	854842
      - Geoff

Comment

If you installed full V-Ray with the License server then it should be in:

"\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\vrlservice.exe"

you should be able to launch the license server from there, if those files are not there you might have to reinstall and double check its installing the license server files.
        Cheers,
        -dave
        ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Ok, I'm an idiot. In all my desperation to get the dongle working at one point I had told the VRay installer to look for the dongle on my other machine. So every time I re-installed it, the installer defaulted to the network settings.
          - Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by YoyoBoy View Post
            See attached.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]22092[/ATTACH]
            Please uninstall V-Ray manually either from Programs and Features or from Start Menu > ... > Uninstall V-Ray and run another installation.
            Then run the installation again and pay attention to any errors/warning and etc during the installation.
            Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
            Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Originally posted by YoyoBoy View Post
              Ok, I'm an idiot. In all my desperation to get the dongle working at one point I had told the VRay installer to look for the dongle on my other machine. So every time I re-installed it, the installer defaulted to the network settings.
              Glad to hear you sorted it out
              Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
              Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Working...
              X