No announcement yet.

Announcing the V-Ray.exe project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Then why you're using Vray then? If you can get required quality without it? Excuse me, but modern artist relies on both his skills and software.
    Oh i'm sorry, I don't think I mentioned ANYWHERE that I used VRAY, and as a Maya user I'd find that a little hard wouldn't I, ergo this thread ?
    I think you believe Max to be defunked because of a few bad experience's,
    fair enough, but I remember when I was in college and we all believed that when we get jobs the software would be flawless no crashing what so ever.......errrr no. I use Maya where I work and I suffer from the same problems that most people get whatever program you use, welcome to the real world my friend, 3d software ( which ever ) crashes and isn't perfect!
    End of story.

Comment

• Announcing the V-Ray.exe project

reading some of the last posts I'm not sure if this is the right thread but,
      any news on the v-ray.exe and it's maya bridge.

thanks

Comment

• I think you believe Max to be defunked because of a few bad experience's, fair enough,
        Actually not "few", but very massive bad experience.

but I remember when I was in college and we all believed that when we get jobs the software would be flawless no crashing what so ever.......errrr no.
        I thought so too. Same thing witrh OSes and other programs.

I use Maya where I work and I suffer from the same problems that most people get whatever program you use, welcome to the real world my friend, 3d software ( which ever ) crashes and isn't perfect!
        I know that it isn't perfect, but can do nothing about it. It's actually problem of software design and of way in which this software created. There's whole theories of software development, so we can just wait until some new development schemes and methods will be developed.

PS: Can you describe your problems with Maya? I can help i think

Comment

• On you Max or Maya discussion:

As a long time beta-tester of Max I know a lot about the problems and methods used in big films, out of the posts and comments to max feature wishes.

Many major films had been realist with Max in the last 2 years. If it is 'The day after tomorw', 'Riddic' or 'Matrix'. It's not that Max was single used, but it's more like this films are done with the help of many companys and crews and it was up to them which software to use.

But to be honest, most time Max isn't the reason companys use Max, it's more the plugins that makes people use it.

Many film companys have used Brazil or Vray in Major films as the could have done the same with Renderman or MentalRay. You should also note that even ILM, Disney, Dreamworks etc. have people that work with Max and not only for little jobs...

regards,

robert

Comment

• when both maya and max have a vray render when can settle this on the ring ; )

Comment

• Maaa-ma, maa-ma, chto ya budu deee-lat', maa-ma, maa-ma, kak ya budu zhit'...

- "And let there be silence..?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudvin
                Maaa-ma, maa-ma, chto ya budu deee-lat', maa-ma, maa-ma, kak ya budu zhit'...

- "And let there be silence..?"
                Zhdat' Vray 1.5, a posle - radovat'sa.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mudvin
                  I think you believe Max to be defunked because of a few bad experience's, fair enough,
                  Actually not "few", but very massive bad experience.

Can we see some of your stuff?

Comment

• Hi guys. Sorry to interrupt, but as this subject doesn't really belong to this board, would you mind continuing the discussion in the Take 5/Off Topic forum? It's just that each time I see there is a new post in the announcement section, I want to believe that it's about some actual release or so... Hope you understand.

Regards,

Nenad

Comment

• nenad...you can choose to ignore treads that your not interested in...so they won't pop up as new...

paul.

Comment

• I agree with Nenad but Paul is right. I bet that Vlado will post a totally new thread when an OFFICIAL ANOUNCEMENT is ready.

--Jon

Comment

• Originally posted by J_Bug
                          I agree with Nenad but Paul is right. I bet that Vlado will post a totally new thread when an OFFICIAL ANOUNCEMENT is ready.

--Jon
                          yeah...just like this was a new post 10 pages (of flaming) ago :P

paul.

Comment

• Can we see some of your stuff?
                            Does it change something?

Hi guys. Sorry to interrupt, but as this subject doesn't really belong to this board, would you mind continuing the discussion in the Take 5/Off Topic forum?
                            Heh, we're keeping this thread on top

Comment

• Does it change something?
                              a little ?

Comment

• http://joss.starnet.ru
                                Here's some old stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X