No announcement yet.

Announcing the V-Ray.exe project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well your just have to wait my friend !
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

• I have nothing to do else

PS: Can you please delete first two copies of my previous message to avoid some clutter here?

Comment

• You do know that 3ds max isn't limited to architectural viz and "commercials for those who making them on 3dsmax"? I would suspect they chose max first becuse it has the largest user base, not a "quite narrow" one like you say. Yes, it is being used for a lot of architectural viz and commercials, but also for a lot of other broadcast work, film effects, games etc.
        Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

• You do know that 3ds max isn't limited to architectural viz and "commercials for those who making them on 3dsmax"?
          Yes.

I would suspect they chose max first becuse it has the largest user base, not a "quite narrow" one like you say.
          Yes, i think it has the largest user base over the world, but i think not every user uses vray. Also, there's other competitors on the market like splutterfish or cebas. And there's no competitors on market of "industrial renderers" yet.

Yes, it is being used for a lot of architectural viz and commercials, but also for a lot of other broadcast work, film effects, games etc.
          Yes, i agree that 3dsmax very good for broadcast graphics. But for film....pffff....at least not yet.
          And....my personal opinion that it's not good at all. Very much companies choose it just because it was the cheapiest piece of software at time. But this is doesn't mean that it most "comfortable" software.

Comment

• I don't think they would be using it for projects like Hellboy, The Day After Tomorrow, Final Destination, Samurai, Blade 3 etc. if it was as crap as you say.
            Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

• Im not you know what you are talking about Mudvin..
              Natty
              http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

• Im not you know what you are talking about Mudvin..
                I'm with you there, what the hell is he banging on about?
                I can see this turning into a Max vs Maya.......blah blah blah
                As I always say, it's the artist not the software, sorry Mudvin but you are very wrong, hopefully you'll realise the error of your ways

Comment

• dont forget that when vray was in early beta stage it did one shot in reign of fire as well

---------------------------------------------------
                  MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                  stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

• I don't think they would be using it for projects like Hellboy, The Day After Tomorrow, Final Destination, Samurai, Blade 3 etc. if it was as crap as you say.
                    Mainly was used for previs and some minor shots like blades thru bodies or freezing buildings. Pffff again.

As I always say, it's the artist not the software, sorry Mudvin but you are very wrong, hopefully you'll realise the error of your ways
                    Then why you're using Vray then? If you can get required quality without it? Excuse me, but modern artist relies on both his skills and software.

dont forget that when vray was in early beta stage it did one shot in reign of fire as well
                    I'm sure that even Blender was used in some film production. And maybe even MS Paint for sketches. And what? Can you imagine renderfarm with hundreds of 3dsmaxes and Vrays installed? I'm trying, but i can't.

Comment

• Then why you're using Vray then? If you can get required quality without it? Excuse me, but modern artist relies on both his skills and software.
                      We use VRAY because we can get that quality FASTER...
                      Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

• Dave's definatly got the point.

Mudvin, just because the major houses use maya and the likes for big budget movies it doesnt mean that max is automaticly "worse".....before talksing look at some of the for from smaller shops like Robot (ONimushia 3) or Blur, Rezn8 and many others similar shops that use max (and it's plugs) in a very proffesional and high quality driven ways........ I think as others said, that in the end is still the artist that counts and makes the difference....as some of the works of the above mentioned shops demostrate....

I hate to turn this into a maya vs max discussion......

paul.

Comment

• [/quote]Yes, i agree that 3dsmax very good for broadcast graphics. But for film....pffff....at least not yet.
                          And....my personal opinion that it's not good at all. Very much companies choose it just because it was the cheapiest piece of software at time. But this is doesn't mean that it most "comfortable"software.[/quote]

Sorry, but I really think you just don´t know what you are talking.
                          Please give me some details why max should be good for broadcast
                          but bad for Film !!
                          I never heard someone who is professional saying "this specific 3d tool is crap"... because you can do everything with every big package. All have there advantages an disadvantages. And if you didn´t find
                          any advantages inside max, open your eyes and take a closer look.

Sounds like you are just upset, cause you need a whole production pipeline
                          to make a little preview render with the 3d App. and
                          Standalone Renderer of your choice ?

and by the way... as far as I know Vray will never be able to write
                          renderman files due to it´s architecture. (not 100% shure)

cheers

Comment

• We use VRAY because we can get that quality FASTER...
                            You forgot also to say "easier". I think it's impossible to get similar to vray's results in reasonable amount of time. If it possible at all. So, you're depends on software. It's mistake to think that this is not so.

Mudvin, just because the major houses use maya and the likes for big budget movies it doesnt mean that max is automaticly "worse".
                            Agree. But i never said that "max is worse is just because some prod house uses maya".

before talksing look at some of the for from smaller shops like Robot (ONimushia 3) or Blur, Rezn8 and many others similar shops that use max (and it's plugs) in a very proffesional and high quality driven ways
                            I've seen. I wonder, how these guys suffers from max, and what they can do in Maya or XSI then. Really.

Sorry, but I really think you just donґt know what you are talking.
                            Please give me some details why max should be good for broadcast
                            Because i was on max up to 2.5 version. And seen, how my colleagues used it in broadcast design(some of the BDA 2001 prize as i remember).

but bad for Film !!
                            Just finished project, where part of project was modeled and animated in maya, and transferred to max only for render. It was really painful to see how 3dsmax guys assembling heavy scene, and waiting for viewport redraw for 5-10 seconds. Or how they suffer from traces of some unknown plug-ins in source 3dsmax scenes. Almost impossible to work. And this was quite simple project.

And if you didnґt find any advantages inside max, open your eyes and take a closer look.
                            How much more? Seen it enough i think.

I never heard someone who is professional saying "this specific 3d tool is crap"... because you can do everything with every big package
                            And i hear. And i also can do something in max. It doesn't mean that i should like 3dsmax, huh?

All have there advantages an disadvantages. And if you didnґt find
                            any advantages inside max, open your eyes and take a closer look.
                            But some of these more, and some - less.

Sounds like you are just upset, cause you need a whole production pipeline to make a little preview render with the 3d App. and
                            Standalone Renderer of your choice ?
                            There's always some big renders coming after preview. And sure, if i can see some preview faster with standalone on 20 cpu, i would choose standalone, of course. Standalone is my choice.

and by the way... as far as I know Vray will never be able to write
                            renderman files due to itґs architecture. (not 100% shure)
                            I believe Vlado said that it will not. Don't understand this position, but anyway can do nothing. Very pity. Actually there's no something special in renderman format. Write .mi files if you like. It's just about using already widely available tools and connectors.

PS: It's not my intention to make "max vs maya" flame. Just telling what i'm think and what i see.

Comment

• Ok Mudvin...
                              So you've made your point clear on the VRay Forum in the Announcements section, Pfff. Thanks for the words of wisdom, hope you can get it all worked out for yourself.

--Jon

Comment

• Time will show...

Comment

Working...
                                X