No announcement yet.

Announcing the V-Ray.exe project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mudvin: Either you can't read or you're being a troll. It's implied in the first and explicitly stated in the second. Stop the insanity Go spend some time on the contest or beta testing AURA
    As i said before: read carefully.
    The people working on the VRAY for MAX have nothing to do with the EXE version. Not yet. Their top priority is the MAX version and their resources were not used for the making of this simple EXE project.
    There's no even single word about that max version has top priority. Nor EXE version. The sentence above just states that there's a team of people, working on 3dsmax version. And they don't have any relation to EXE version, at least now. This implies nothing excepts that there's at least another team, probably working on EXE version.

PS: Am i missed somehing and Aura released for Maya?

Comment

• you guys just loosing energy, you can try to push, but obviously nothing happens. Actually seems to me that it goes to the opposite direction.

How about attend on a competition?

Comment

• Comment

• good one, travistlo

paul.

Comment

• you guys just loosing energy, you can try to push, but obviously nothing happens. Actually seems to me that it goes to the opposite direction.
            Writing here, while two neighbour machines renders hi-res images....nothing to do...

Comment

• just to put in my two cents worth. the way i read that sentance mudvin is that probably there is one or two people working on getting the EXE project started. however seeing as how vlado and peter are the vray pro's and since they are still working on the max version right now for 1.5 then the EXE version will not go very far without them. when they are finished with 1.5 they will move on to work on the EXE version. THEN it will advance. I get this from that single piece... "not yet"

---------------------------------------------------
              MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
              stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

• Very sad to hear that.

Comment

• not for me it isn't.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

• Me either. Thats exactly what they should be doing. Its also exactly what they said they would be doing.

Just think how good its going to be when they finally release 1.5. I'm sure they have been working hard on getting it as stable and fast as possible for those of us that have been waiting so long.

Tony

Comment

• All good things

My perspective on this situation is definately positive, I can understand why some people here are somewhat annoyed or impatient simply because they feel there candy has been snatched away and so they've spat there dummy out! I don't see any of these people having really lost anything though, I mean now at least we know there is an EXE in production and as a Maya user I can't wait for more progress but I also understand there are other 'PAYING' customers to keep happy, so just calm down and you'll be rewarded in the end i'm sure of it

Comment

• Originally posted by percydaman
                        not for me it isn't.
                        same here .....I think 1.5 should have prority right now...

paul.

Comment

• I think 1.5 should have prority right now...
                          I think you will find it has !
                          Natty
                          http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

• 1.5 is bound to 3dsmax, which is limits usage of Vray just to architecture visualisations(and commercials for those who making them on 3dsmax). It's still doesn't available for film production/other packages like XSI/Maya.

On their place instead of making 3dsmax version(with quite narrow customer base), i would better throw all forces to stand-alone multiplatform version with, for example renderman interface.
                            It's just my opinion and i think it's right.

Comment

• [quote="Mudvin"]1.5 is bound to 3dsmax, which is limits usage of Vray just to architecture visualisations(and commercials for those who making them on 3dsmax). It's still doesn't available for film production/other packages like XSI/Maya.

On their place instead of making 3dsmax version(with quite narrow customer base), i would better throw all forces to stand-alone multiplatform version with, for example renderman interface, and connections to it, like Mayaman or RAT. Some technical people could use it then in production before chaos's own connector will be made, while others have to wait for native connector or use it with MayaMan for example which is good also.

Comment

• few minutes later, little fix :

1.5 is bound to 3dsmax, which is limits usage of Vray just to architecture visualisations(and commercials for those who making them on 3dsmax). It's still doesn't available for film production/other packages like XSI/Maya.

On their place instead of making 3dsmax version(with quite narrow customer base), i would better throw all forces to stand-alone multiplatform version with, for example renderman interface, and connections to it, like Mayaman or RAT. Some technical people could use it then in production before chaos's own connector will be made, while others have to wait for native connector or use it with MayaMan for example which is good also.

Comment

Working...
                                X