3d 360 panoramas for SAMSUNG Gear VR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morne View Post
    Are there any of these that work for people already wearing glasses?
    I don't know but I think the one I have on my desk would be a little tight with glasses. I assume the adjustable focus should mean that you would be able use it without glasses though.
    Dan Brew

Comment

• Oculus is designed for glasses, that's why they have two different lenses no?

Stan
      3LP Team

Comment

• Originally posted by 3LP View Post
        Right,
        so I decided to give the higher ress a go.

I'd love to know what you guys think of it and if you see any difference in precision between low and high ress :
        Low Ress - 8.000px wide : http://wip.sbrusse.com/vtour12/tour.html
        High Ress - 14.400px wide : http://wip.sbrusse.com/vtour14/tour.html

Personally, with the oculus DK2 I don't see any difference.
        Please let me know if you do.

PS : I did a crop render as I didn't wanted to wait 20h for the 14k render to finish
        Cheers
        Stan
        Just tried with an iphone on safari and I don't fill any difference between the two.

Comment

• Yep because safari on iphone down uses the low ress version of the cube map who is automatically scalled down by safari to 1024.
          So it would only be different on headsets that could use higher precision pano like the gearVR

Stan
          3LP Team

Comment

• Originally posted by 3LP View Post
            Yep because safari on iphone down uses the low ress version of the cube map who is automatically scalled down by safari to 1024.
            So it would only be different on headsets that could use higher precision pano like the gearVR

Stan
            So, if we target iphone's owner (safari), we just need to render at 1024 x 712 px using the 360 FOV and sperical camera. So final outpout will be 2x(1024x712).
            I was afraid by the the 8K resolution display on all over this thread.

Comment

• Hey

KRPano works with cube maps, and those are scaled down to 1024*1024.
              So for iphone specifically, you render out a cube render of 1024 in height.
              So would be 6144x1024
              You would need to convert the Vray cubemap to KRpano cubemap afterwards though

I don't know what's the math to have that exact amount of pixels with 360*180 spherical

Stan
              3LP Team

Comment

• Okay I got my LG G3... really nice screen 5.5incher.

I also got the "VR for G3" which is an official 3d headset, and it is crap. It perfectly fits and is moulded for the G3 but the lenses in it are terrible.

In my other cheap ebay headset the G3 gives me the best VR experience, with a mobile device, that I have seen so far.

HOWEVER I've never tried a gear.
                WerT
                www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

• Had the opportunity to test a Samsung Gear VR today coupled with a S6. Not the last version released some days ago but the previous one.
                  It looks way better that a DK2, pretty nice but not "OMG". I'll try to test some more things.
                  Last edited by chris-x//; 04-12-2015, 03:22 AM.
                  http://www.3dna.be

Comment

• Has somebody tried and achieved viewing of stereo cube maps with Ziess VR One? Is there a App for it?
                    Thanks in advance
                    Express Your Imagination - let it MAX!!!
                    www.3dkad.de

Comment

• Should be working great with a web-browser as any other google cardboard headset

This this out and let us know
                      http://wip.sbrusse.com/vtour_Cube/
                      http://wip.sbrusse.com/BB_CubeMap/
                      http://wip.sbrusse.com/AG_CubeMap/

Stan
                      3LP Team

Comment

• hi 3LP there are seams in the first image... is there something wrong on my side..?

Comment

• 3LP, the first image there is flipped in X too, text is backwards, Macbook is flipped etc...
                          Maxscript made easy....
                          davewortley.wordpress.com
                          Follow me here:
                          facebook.com/MaxMadeEasy

If you don't MaxScript, then have a look at my blog and learn how easy and powerful it can be.

Comment

• Hey guys,

Yes the panos are flipped and I have seems in the first one, everything should be fine in the other two url though as the first url was still a wip project
                            I'll see if I can sort that out in the next couple of days

Stan
                            3LP Team

Comment

• Just saw the last great links from 3LP. Respect and thanks for that! I have bought not the most expensive VR ONE from Zeiss with an iphone tray.
                              My question is - what is the key to upload a stereo cube map made with v-ray 3.3 onto a web browser and set it to be viewed as VR? Only krpano or there is another solution?
                              Or it's only viewable with Samsung Gear VR and their phones?
                              Many thanks for sharing and have nice holidays all together!
                              Express Your Imagination - let it MAX!!!
                              www.3dkad.de

Comment

• Just got a Gear VR yesterday, and wanted to thank Chaos Group for making supporting it so straightforward.

It will be interesting to see where it goes - it's not had much of a push in the UK so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X