3d 360 panoramas for SAMSUNG Gear VR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 3LP View Post
    If you speak about the actual tour, it's all automated through KRPano, so no credit on this one beside setting it up
    n
    Stan, would you be able to explain how you use the KRPano droplets to create a stereo pano using a stereo spherical render from Vray please?

Comment

• is a 6x1 cube render superior to a 360 sphere render? or equal or visa versa? for the purpose of VR.
      WerT
      www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

• Originally posted by werticus View Post
        is a 6x1 cube render superior to a 360 sphere render? or equal or visa versa? for the purpose of VR.
        The cube render has less (or no?) stretching. Better use of the resolution overall.

Comment

• It seems so
          But nearly impossible to read them on oculus
          (as there is no soft supporting it beside virtual desktop who is a pain to use)

Stan
          3LP Team

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexP View Post
            The cube render has less (or no?) stretching. Better use of the resolution overall.
            This format is specifically for the Gear VR and runs on ORBX player from OTOY. Chaosgroup may release a player (who knows:-p) because you cannot run them in the 360 photos viewer as is stated here - http://www.v-ray.com/features/sp2/

It is a 'light' format designed specifically for mobile, which would currently struggle to track two separate full res spherical images simultaneously.

Of course by rendering natively it is pixel perfect (no stretching as a result of being converted) which was previously the only way to view stereo panoramas on the Gear VR.

Panoramas on DK2 can just be normal equirectangular pairs run on a program like LiveViewRift or similar.
            Last edited by deflix; 24-06-2015, 09:15 AM.
            Immersive media - design and production
            http://www.felixdodd.com/
            https://www.linkedin.com/in/felixdodd/

Comment

• Originally posted by deflix View Post
              It is a 'light' format designed specifically for mobile, which would currently struggle to track two separate full res spherical images simultaneously.
              My samsung s5 works perfectly with 20kx5k spherical stereo panoramas in google cardboard... it's just a flat 35mb jpg and vr player does the rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neilg View Post
                My samsung s5 works perfectly with 20kx5k spherical stereo panoramas in google cardboard... it's just a flat 35mb jpg and vr player does the rest.
                Could you show me an example of a spherical stereo panorama?
                A.

---------------------
                www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

• Using KRPano to view a stereo pano - should the IPD be set to match the render OR should the render match the IPD that KRPano sets for the device you are using.
                  ie. The default is 63.5mm, should I change it to match the 65mm render, or render straight to 63.5mm
                  OR does this depend on the viewing device?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
                    Could you show me an example of a spherical stereo panorama?
                    I posted it a low res version in this thread - http://imgur.com/y6KqfIO
                    The only ones we have at 20k are now from real jobs so I cant post them yet.
                    I was mistaken though - it renders l&r side by side in vray, but i cut them up to do left on top and right on bottom for vr player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neilg View Post
                      I posted it a low res version in this thread - http://imgur.com/y6KqfIO
                      The only ones we have at 20k are now from real jobs so I cant post them yet.
                      I was mistaken though - it renders l&r side by side in vray, but i cut them up to do left on top and right on bottom for vr player.
                      Is it me or do I see barely any difference between a stereo pano and a regular pano with this google cardboard.
                      A.

---------------------
                      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

• I assume you're looking at it through them? the effect isnt huge on that example but they're very much 3d.

Comment

• considering getting a cardboard + s5 to start VR experiments. But I already have an iphone, is there a way to get the iphone into the cardboard (or similar) and an app or other way to use it to view these types of files?
                          WerT
                          www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

• Also is there a stereo video format you can use to get a similar result but with animation? Looping animation would be cool, Imagine a house interior with a fireplace or a breeze blowing the curtains.
                            WerT
                            www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

considering getting a cardboard + s5 to start VR experiments. But I already have an iphone, is there a way to get the iphone into the cardboard (or similar) and an app or other way to use it to view these types of files?
                              Yes iPhone works perfectly with Cardboard.
                              Im still looking for a good (free!) app to view stuff offline, but you can view the KRpano stuff on a website I believe.

There is a free app for viewing stereo 360 videos - Kolor Eyes. But crashes a fair amount on my phone.

Cant understand why they didnt include support for still stereo panos as well...

Comment

Also is there a stereo video format you can use to get a similar result but with animation? Looping animation would be cool, Imagine a house interior with a fireplace or a breeze blowing the curtains.
                                vr player works pretty well for me, it's a $5 app

I am as I post waiting for a render to test this.

Comment

Working...
                                X