Cheatsheet: How to get a Cleaner image with SP3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vlado View Post
    We'll be doing resumable rendering at some point this year, so it's coming, both for the progressive and for the bucket samplers.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    it will be awesome to have this feature.
    Mohammadreza Mohseni

Website | Instagram | E-Mail | Art Station | Behance | Twitter | Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by soulburn3d View Post
      Cool, I had never seen that before. You learn something new every day
      At some point, in the distant past, we had a dedicated thread for these little Max tips.
      I've lost count of the minuscule things learnt there which made my daily life a breeze forever after.
      And i just lost an hour and a bit rifling through the forums to find it, but to no avail.
      I have, however, shed a tear or a million at the time gone by. ^^
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

• @Lele
        Well we could always start a new one
        Cheers,
        Oliver

https://www.artstation.com/mokiki

Comment

• Ah!
          Would you think it'd be still relevant?
          A good idea?

I mean, we do have the users to make it come alive, in the forums, but would anyone still value these little things, you'd say?
          Lele
          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
          ----------------------
          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

• Sure as long as the tips for Max 2013 are still valid with all you young generation that use the latest and greatest cloud based and every changing Max....

Comment

• @Lele

I should think so. At least I don't see why not. Max is a giant program and I was blown away when somebody told me you can right click the spinners to zero them out 3 years ago. Probably my most used feature inside the program. XD
              Cheers,
              Oliver

Comment

• Originally posted by ralphr View Post
                @Lele

I should think so. At least I don't see why not. Max is a giant program and I was blown away when somebody told me you can right click the spinners to zero them out 3 years ago. Probably my most used feature inside the program. XD
                :O0 And I thought it was only under the ZYX in Make Planar that this worked.... OK, I'm now embarrased. I have been using Max for 8 years and I did not know that. Did you know if you double click an edge it serves as a loop?

I think we need to get that thread started....

Comment

• And if you click in the number part of a spinner and hit ctrl + n a wee calculator window comes up!

Comment

• Originally posted by joconnell View Post
                    And if you click in the number part of a spinner and hit ctrl + n a wee calculator window comes up!
                    Hold it there, they call it the Numerical Expression Evaluator!!!! I prefer your "Wee Calculator" name.

Comment

• Originally posted by padre.ayuso View Post
                      :O0 And I thought it was only under the ZYX in Make Planar that this worked.... OK, I'm now embarrased. I have been using Max for 8 years and I did not know that. Did you know if you double click an edge it serves as a loop?
                      I assume you also know that if you hold shift and click a parallel edge it will 'ring' it for you as well
                      mdcvis.com

Comment

• Ha it's already starting
                        Cheers,
                        Oliver

Comment

• Originally posted by mdcvis View Post
                          I assume you also know that if you hold shift and click a parallel edge it will 'ring' it for you as well
                          I have actually wondered what was the "ring" shortcut. So Thanks mate! That helps! I feel I'm now complete!!!!

By the way, I have a script that a friend of mine did, not sure how to share it. I have the short cut that when you have selected an object, I press my shortcut, which in this case is Alt-X and select another object. The material/materials of that object will then get instanced to the object I'm selecting. It is, to me, an awesome script that has saved tons of hours of work. How can I share it among all of us?

Comment

• nice idea with "tips and tricks" thread. recently had chance to save somebody some time with ctrl+c in VFB to grab image with baked LUT.
                            Marcin Piotrowski
                            youtube

Comment

• Originally posted by soulburn3d View Post
                              Cool, I had never seen that before. You learn something new every day
                              He-he, I did the same thing for the same reason Neil and had to look it up. Only then did I remember when they put it in way back when during an early Max alpha program...

-Alan

Comment

• Very helpful thread, thank you for that...
                                Just a question though:
                                Could it be that sometimes the old way of tweaking the scene (where we had control over material and light samples) is more beneficial than the new way (where the samples are greyed out for both materials and light)? And by beneficial I mean speedy. I decided to follow Rens approach for now where he:

- sets the max subdivs at first to a high number (32 in my case)
                                - lowers the color threshold until happy with the noise value
                                - lowers the max subdivs until happy with the red values in the Sample Rate element

Is the purpose of the new approach to greatly reduce tweaking only? Or does it always provide more speedy noise-free renders too?

Comment

Working...
                                X