Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK - thanks Siger

Comment

Here's one of my tests I did during development of the OSL stuff, if anyone is curious....

vRay on the left, Arnold on the right....

(Actually both rendering interactively at the same time )

/Z

Comment

Originally posted by MasterZap View Post

That's exactly what we are doing. We are moving all UI over the Qt. It's a slow, meticulous process. And here's the irony; this particular bug is caused by parts of the dialog being in Qt and other parts in old Win32 and someone fights over some silly focus message with the tab control...... lovely.

good to do , just hope lessons have been learnt from the maya switch, because that was a right mess.

e: info@adriandenne.com
        w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

Still no download and the last I read, no clear fix in sight. I have managed many databases and one thing I learned early was you have a live backup and a backup of that backup. I have had databases crash and I would have them back up in minutes. All I can think is nobody has been backing up their database and rebuilding it is not possible. This is just an assumption, but not having a database back up in two weeks is grim.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com
          e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
          phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
          • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
          • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Guys, it's here !
            Jez

------------------------------------
            3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
            Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
            ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

Originally posted by JezUK View Post
              Guys, it's here !
              Just checked. Not here yet, for me.
              Bobby Parker
              www.bobby-parker.com
              e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
              phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
              • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
              • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
              • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
              • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Hopefully by the time Max 2020 comes out, I'll have fully migrated to Houdini. 6 months in to learning it and I can safely say Max/Maya will go the way of the Dodo in the next few years. Hopefully Chaos Group come out with a solid Houdini release in the near future. Redshift is blazing fast but I'm Chaos Group 4 Lyf.
                CGI Artist @ Staud Studios

Comment

Originally posted by AC5L4T3R View Post
                  Hopefully by the time Max 2020 comes out, I'll have fully migrated to Houdini. 6 months in to learning it and I can safely say Max/Maya will go the way of the Dodo in the next few years. Hopefully Chaos Group come out with a solid Houdini release in the near future. Redshift is blazing fast but I'm Chaos Group 4 Lyf.
                  How's Houdini for arch vis?
                  Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
                  AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

Does someone know when Multitexture and FloorGenerator updates for Max 2019 getting released? Couldn't find them.

Comment

My Max 2019 has finally arrived. But now I don't feel like installing it any more. Oops.
                      Check my blog

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                        Actually I think the OSL stuff is pretty cool. People asked for more procedural textures, and this gives them so many possibilities.
                        That's like in Maya, everytime I ask people "how do I do x in maya", and they say "you can write a MEL script", and I say "I'm glad I can write a MEL script, but I'd prefer someone already wrote it, like in Max"

- Neil

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                          Well yes, sure But it does have some cool stuff. My biggest gripe is that the issue where you have to click twice on stuff in the render dialog is still not solved... it's super annoying.

Best regards,
                          Vlado
                          ​​​​
                          I Vlado, about this problem, I see that, when you change a tab, for example, from Common to Vray, the Render Setup window is no more foreground, you can see it on title bar that goes gray. So, when you click on any option, the first click make window "active" and than you have to do a second click to select anythings.
                          I see that it's a 3ds max problem because it is ripetible on any render engines as you can see here: https://youtu.be/_lcATO4fdr4
                          I'll post it on autodesk forum, hope someone listen me .... and yes, it happened on 2019 too.

Alex
                          Last edited by Sprawl; 05-04-2018, 09:22 AM.

Comment

I just logged in Autodesk and saw that out of nowhere we have one seat more of 3ds Max. I hope that they don't charge us for more seats than we originally bought since we are due to renew our licenses in the next few days. Not only that but for one of the licenses there's only an option to download 2019 when we should be able to download Max up to 3 versions back so 2018, 2017 and 2016 but these older versions and their serials are nowhere to be seen.
                            Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
                            AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB (rendering) | GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB (display) | GPU Driver 546.01 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

Originally posted by soulburn3d View Post

That's like in Maya, everytime I ask people "how do I do x in maya", and they say "you can write a MEL script", and I say "I'm glad I can write a MEL script, but I'd prefer someone already wrote it, like in Max"

- Neil
                              Yeah except this came with 101 ready-written things....

/Z

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_M View Post
                                I just logged in Autodesk and saw that out of nowhere we have one seat more of 3ds Max. I hope that they don't charge us for more seats than we originally bought since we are due to renew our licenses in the next few days. Not only that but for one of the licenses there's only an option to download 2019 when we should be able to download Max up to 3 versions back so 2018, 2017 and 2016 but these older versions and their serials are nowhere to be seen.

I had that initially, and because of your message I went and rechecked - it's now back as normal, just my one seat and the versions of Max upto and including 2019.
                                Jez

------------------------------------
                                3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
                                Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
                                ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

Working...
                                X