Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

workstation unusable while rendering - was much better in the past.

Collapse
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Martin.
    At the Autodesk forums there is post about a 2nd instance of Max 2023 causing lag for Ryzen users. Might be something to it.
    I've found my experience improves if I only have 1x max 2023 instance open.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-m.../false#M203980

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial View Post
      Thanks Martin.
      At the Autodesk forums there is post about a 2nd instance of Max 2023 causing lag for Ryzen users. Might be something to it.
      I've found my experience improves if I only have 1x max 2023 instance open.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-m.../false#M203980
      Yeah I made that thread and I just found the solution to that problem, turning off Load Plugins when Used. That did the trick, the other solutions (nvidia drivers, env variables, cleaning temp etc) didn't do anything. Might be worth giving it a shot but I don't think these are the same problems. But worth a try nonetheless.
      A.

---------------------
      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post

Yeah I made that thread and I just found the solution to that problem, turning off Load Plugins when Used. That did the trick, the other solutions (nvidia drivers, env variables, cleaning temp etc) didn't do anything. Might be worth giving it a shot but I don't think these are the same problems. But worth a try nonetheless.
        I think you and I are the two people talking to one another on that forum
        James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
        Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

Originally posted by Pixelcon View Post

I think you and I are the two people talking to one another on that forum
          Aaah haha small world
          A.

---------------------
          www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Thanks Vizioen! I'll be testing this today and hopefully getting my system back in working order. Nice work.

Comment

Hi all,
              thx for this post,
              because i though i was alone to have this issue ( which makes me crazy)
              imopssible to do anything else when using IPR or Batch render

I works with 3dsmax 2020 and 2022 and Vray6.00.04 build 00000
              Processeur: AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3995WX 64-Cores 2.70 GHz
              256 Go
              Windows 11 Professionnel 21H2 OS Build: 22000.1098​

Comment

Hello,

Those of you who have this issue, please could you try the solution posted in Autodesk if this helps.
                https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-m...512360#M204175
                Please let us know. Thanks!
                Martin Minev | chaos.com
                Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by Martin.Minev View Post
                  Hello,

Those of you who have this issue, please could you try the solution posted in Autodesk if this helps.
                  https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-m...512360#M204175
                  Please let us know. Thanks!
                  So at the time of posting that solution, until yesterday, everything was working fine. Now for some reason, it starts happening again (the slow saving with multiple instances open). Not sure if this has any impact on V-Ray. I'm also not sure what this option actually does, someone on the thread reported there were problems in the past with this option and he has it off by standard, but not sure what the performance impact is on Max when disabling it. In any case can't hurt to try if this helps.

edit: I cleared my %temp% folder as James suggested (Windows did an update as well when I rebooted). Now it's fixed again. So might also be worth a shot clearing that folder.
                  Last edited by Vizioen; 09-11-2022, 06:54 AM.
                  A.

---------------------
                  www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Hi,

Vizioen Could you please confirm that in your case you have issues only with slow saving and the freezing issue is not occurring anymore?
                    Not sure if saving lag is related to freezes while rendering.

Is it possible for all of you guys to fill out the form we made for this issue? It will help us collect data and make some conclusions.
                    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...sbHGg/viewform
                    Thanks!
                    Martin Minev | chaos.com
                    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by Martin.Minev View Post
                      Hi,

Vizioen Could you please confirm that in your case you have issues only with slow saving and the freezing issue is not occurring anymore?
                      Not sure if saving lag is related to freezes while rendering.

Is it possible for all of you guys to fill out the form we made for this issue? It will help us collect data and make some conclusions.
                      https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...sbHGg/viewform
                      Thanks!
                      I can confirm not having lag issues while rendering. That issue has been solved. Will update you or the form if it occurs again. Thanks.
                      A.

---------------------
                      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post

I can confirm not having lag issues while rendering. That issue has been solved. Will update you or the form if it occurs again. Thanks.
                        What did you do with you system to solve?

I´ve tried to clear temp folder and disabling plug-in loading but nothing works. It´s impossible to work like this.

Switching to Corona and rendering, works just fine. So in my case it´s not related to max, but want to help how to fix it.

Please Chaos, i ve already filled the google doc.

Tks

Comment

So, the answer is on these 2 scenes that i ll share.

I´ve imported the scene into a fresh 3dsmax file and it looks like the issue it´s gone.

Could Chaos have a look into these files and try to find out what´s going on?

https://we.tl/t-AaO41ZkD4a

Comment

Another update.

Changing the render engine to another and choosing Vray back solves the issue. I am guessing there´s a code on previous Vray version (vray 5 specifically on my case) that vray 6 doesn´t handle very well.
                            It would be awesome to know exactly why this is happening.

Tks!

Comment

Seems strange but I think this started to occur after I updated to vray 6. The system is Threadripper 1950X based.
                              I usually have 2 or 3 MAX programs opened and if any one is starting to save, or even my current, everything becomes unresponsive. Even mouse floats and lags like crazy. Could this all be related?
                              www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

Originally posted by Crayox13 View Post
                                Seems strange but I think this started to occur after I updated to vray 6. The system is Threadripper 1950X based.
                                I usually have 2 or 3 MAX programs opened and if any one is starting to save, or even my current, everything becomes unresponsive. Even mouse floats and lags like crazy. Could this all be related?
                                Sounds like this issue: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-m...512360#M204175
                                James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
                                Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

Working...
                                X