X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now, that was fast
    Thanks alot!
    Could you by any chance add slate material editor support?
    German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ihno View Post
      Could you by any chance add slate material editor support?
      I tried, and badly failed, sorry.

Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

• Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
        I tried, and badly failed, sorry.
        Ok, thank you nevertheless!
        German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

• will be good if we can see name of IES file in VrayIES , now it is impossible to what IES file is using , ar maybe you can make a list where we can add few IES and then switch between them .. thanks ...

Comment

• It would be nice if the VRay Lens Effect controls behaved more like a typical Windows GUI (or even like other Max interfaces with other plugins.) For example, when you type in a number manually to one of the fields the focus stays there but the text doesn't re-highlight as you would expect, so you can't keep typing in new values...you have to manually select the text again and type in a new number. Same comment about the spinners, it would be nice if they acted more like the typical Max spinner. The Corona VFB works exactly as I'd expect for example when it comes to focus\tabbing\spinners.

Thanks!
            Daniel

Comment

• Hello Chaos guys.

Could you add a toggle to the VFB Background Image so it is doesn´t affect LUT color corrections on VFB? Sometimes i have a background image that i would like to preview on the render, but color LUT´s, are changing how it is displayed on render, making it unusable, since people do color corrections on VFB on most of times.

Thanks!
              Last edited by brunonz; 16-01-2020, 08:04 AM.

Comment

• Add an option for the HDRI converter for only the selected objects please.
                A.

---------------------
                www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

• Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
                  Add an option for the HDRI converter for only the selected objects please.
                  What's the advantage compared to what it does now? Do you want to make tx files for just some of your bitmaps?
                  If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
                  Chaos

Comment

• Originally posted by slizer View Post

What's the advantage compared to what it does now? Do you want to make tx files for just some of your bitmaps?
                    Well I don't always trust the automation of some things, and when you have a scene with a lot of bitmaps and objects, it's not easy to check if everything converted correctly. That's why when I import some objects with max bitmaps in the shaders, I don't want to convert the whole scene just the objects that are selected. And it's not about the .tx files but the VrayHDRI that is of interest to me, but I'm sure that it might come in handy for .tx files as well.
                    Last edited by Vizioen; 29-01-2020, 09:30 AM.
                    A.

---------------------
                    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

• 1. A way to speed up rendering when rendering a sequence - I have no idea if this is at all possible, but if nothing has changed for instance in a bucket there is no need to re-render it. Just use the previous buckets to fill that area.
                      Could probably be calculated using the lightcache to check for differences between current and previous image.

2. Saving out the bloom/glare in the image even if there is no background.

edit: spelling
                      Last edited by MartinBech; 11-02-2020, 08:02 AM.

Comment

• - LOD system with proper distance blending (ability to set up and specify different lod distances via vray proxy objects) )

- proper Decals! Unfortunately seems to be already done by the Fstorm guy but this would be huge for us. Ability to affect all or specific channels if possible (like a decal that only affects normals and glossiness but not the rest).

- texture bombing (already mentioned in this thread).

- mesh blending over proximity. Kinda like the distance texture but for blending the normals and materials of the participating objects (think of rocks sticking into the ground or snow that needs to flow around and merge softly with objects). Could probably be using the same probabilistic blending like the LOD blends.

- global user attributes that can be overridden by local user object attributes. Not sure how one would implement that, probably a "VrayUserProperty" object or something like that.

[edit] added one more
                        Last edited by racoonart; 11-02-2020, 07:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by brunonz View Post
                          Could you add a toggle to the VFB Background Image so it is doesn´t affect LUT color corrections on VFB? Sometimes i have a background image that i would like to preview on the render, but color LUT´s, are changing how it is displayed on render, making it unusable, since people do color corrections on VFB on most of times!
                          That would be so nice! I still do not understand why LUT is affecting the background image.

https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

• Originally posted by kosso_olli View Post

That would be so nice! I still do not understand why LUT is affecting the background image.
                            Thank you for quoting. I really wish someone is having a look on these wishes. It feels like no one cares actually, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by brunonz View Post

Thank you for quoting. I really wish someone is having a look on these wishes. It feels like no one cares actually, lol.
                              I'm checking this thread every day This one is logged as VMAX-5980 and I'll bump it up.
                              If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
                              Chaos

Comment

• Originally posted by slizer View Post

I'm checking this thread every day This one is logged as VMAX-5980 and I'll bump it up.
                                Thank you, i really appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                                X