Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If this is possible - it will be awesome if we will have the utility which can bake the all hair maps from Ornatrix Hair at once (AO, ID, Root, Direct, Normal Map, Albedo, Specular, Cavity) in different AOV's(Render Elements) in Maya.
    My tutorials channel - https://www.youtube.com/AndrewKrivulya
    Portfolio - https://www.artstation.com/artofcharly
    -----
    Win 10, 3080 - 16 Gb Laptop, 64Gb RAM, i9-11980HK - 5Ghz
    AERO 15 OLED YD

Comment

New render mask option by material(s) to save you searching for and making selections for all objects with particular material(s)

Comment

I mentioned this before but here goes again imagine your working on a architectural project and the architect changes all of the windows for larger to a smaller type it would be useful to have a option when using a render mask to expand the mask by a set number of pixels.
        In this example it would save time from having to re-render all of the windows and all of the walls.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthonyyg View Post
          I mentioned this before but here goes again imagine your working on a architectural project and the architect changes all of the windows for larger to a smaller type it would be useful to have a option when using a render mask to expand the mask by a set number of pixels.
          In this example it would save time from having to re-render all of the windows and all of the walls.
          I can see a lot going wrong with that. You can always use the older (or another one) geometry (not renderable) as the mask in your example
          A.

---------------------
          www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

I have a few requests for VFB2. With debug shading and able to select object/material and set focus in VFB, it's such an integral part of the experience.

1) mappable hotkeys: able to configure hotkeys so users can toggle R, G, B, A, L channel, render elements, render region, refresh render, etc through hotkeys.
            2) The wipe: a) able to set the angle of the wipe. Vertical wipe sometimes isn't enough for A/B comparison. Would be great to be able to set the angle of the wipe. b) invisible wipe line. Sometimes the wipe line is in the way for comparison. I think the wipe in Nuke is pretty awesome.
            3) option to snapshot the current render element or the full image with all render elements. Sometimes, saving snapshot with lots of render elements may be slow and I just want to compare the specular. Would be nice to be able to snapshot currently viewing render elements so users can customize what he wants to compare and save the image faster.
            4) drag-able render region corner/side to modify render region and able to move the region as a whole without change the resolution of the region.

always curious...

Comment

First off, thanks for the continuing improvement of V-Ray. The latest update introduced features that I didn't know I needed/wanted until I got them (Like the test resolution button in the VFB. Seemingly a small feature, but a huge time saver for me)

My two recommendations:

Auto Exposure and Auto WB toggle in the VFB: Similar to the test resolution button, this would save me a lot of time and hassle. I frequently have my camera set and exposed the way I want it, but need to get closer to something to work on its material and isolate it to work with IPR on. In situations like this a toggle would be very, very useful.

Exclude Light Source from Glare Calculation: This idea came to me today as I was using the much improved lens effects (thanks for that, by the way!). I needed a few lights to have glare in an interior scene, but I didn't want the light coming from the outside through the window to have glare. I would have to render out another pass without the exterior light source (a dome hdri in this case) in order to do that. I think adding the ability to exclude light sources from the lens effects would make it even more interactive than it already is and would give artists even more control.

Thanks again.

Comment

Been asking this for a while now and apparently the guy from Fstorm just pulled it off: RANDOM TILING

Click image for larger version  Name:	67576286_858899081163827_8499289826908962816_o.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.02 MB ID:	1044927Click image for larger version  Name:	68562002_858897397830662_62637626951204864_o.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.02 MB ID:	1044928

Edit: some discussion going on about this over at Corona, with links to a paper for example: https://corona-renderer.com/forum/in...?topic=24174.0
                Edit2: I think that this could also be used as a texture bombing feature. This and the other would be extremely usefull and would save me a couple of weeks of work per year I guess, as I tend to make rather complex shading networks to avoid tiling with all sorts of composite maps with masks, bercon noises and triplanar textures.
                Last edited by Vizioen; 07-08-2019, 04:33 AM.
                A.

---------------------
                www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Visible IES lights.

Comment

Kind of feel like we're talking to a brick wall here . Buuuut here's another one that should be fairly simple. When adding an HDRI map, automatically open the "Choose HDR image" explorer window, saves us 1 click, but 100s per day, so a few hours per year I guess
                    Last edited by Vizioen; 08-08-2019, 08:02 AM.
                    A.

---------------------
                    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

• Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
                      Kind of feel like we're talking to a brick wall here . Buuuut here's another one that should be fairly simple. When adding an HDRI map, automatically open the "Choose HDR image" explorer window, saves us 1 click, but 100s per day, so a few hours per year I guess
                      The thread is checked on a daily bases, keep going

p.s. the auto explorer open is planned for the next major release
                      If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
                      Chaos

Comment

• Originally posted by slizer View Post

The thread is checked on a daily bases, keep going

p.s. the auto explorer open is planned for the next major release
                        Nice to hear! How about drag and drop HDRI loaders?
                        German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

• it would be nice to have a render element button on/off on the vray frame buffer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
                            Been asking this for a while now and apparently the guy from Fstorm just pulled it off: RANDOM TILING

Click image for larger version Name:	67576286_858899081163827_8499289826908962816_o.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.02 MB ID:	1044927Click image for larger version Name:	68562002_858897397830662_62637626951204864_o.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.02 MB ID:	1044928

Edit: some discussion going on about this over at Corona, with links to a paper for example: https://corona-renderer.com/forum/in...?topic=24174.0
                            Edit2: I think that this could also be used as a texture bombing feature. This and the other would be extremely usefull and would save me a couple of weeks of work per year I guess, as I tend to make rather complex shading networks to avoid tiling with all sorts of composite maps with masks, bercon noises and triplanar textures.
                            Wow, this is super handy! It would be a very welcome feature for our kind of work!
                            https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

• Add lights to "Trace sets" in V-Ray object properties, so that lights can be excluded from reflections on selected objects.

Also Trace sets can't be edited on more than one object at a time currently.
                              Last edited by justini; 14-08-2019, 06:51 AM.

Comment

• I would be super happy if I can just get a way to get my VRay materials into Unity. I'd never need any other feature, except maybe Project Lavina to play nice with Unity....

Would USD or MaterialX solve any of my issues I wonder. If we go down that route, then hopefully the VRay built in material converter can work between the current materials and these new formats
                                Last edited by Morne; 14-08-2019, 02:26 PM.
                                Kind Regards,
                                Morne

Comment

Working...
                                X