This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem:
    Glass geometry clamps the light intensity due to the 'Max ray intens.' parameter.
    Therefore, its impossible to use stronger lights behind glass and use the 'Max ray intens.' without hacky workarounds.
    This occurs fe.: If one put's a light source in a glass bulb geometry.
    If the sun on the outside shines direct light through window glass.

Solution:
    I can think of a few possible solutions, smarter people than me might find more elegant solutions.
    1:Exclude List (objects) for the 'Max ray intens.' Parameter.
    2:Exclude from 'Max ray intens.' checkbox in the material options.
    3:Max ray intens. override in the Vray object properties (just like you did it with the MB)
    This could open the opportunity to not only deactivate the'Max ray intens.' per object but also to change its value per object.

Here is a recent thread about this. Might be the best place for discussions if need be.
    https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...ght-bulb-glass
    Last edited by Ihno; 21-08-2019, 07:24 AM.
    German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

• Maybe this is a repost (I certainly spoke about a better vray message log window in the past), but I am testing out Corona right now and I find the error message window quite pleasant:
      I would like to have only the troublemakers in one window and be able to click on them so the materials, maps or objects will be selected.
      All other messages can be in another window.
      And then some vram usage messages could be somewhere else so I can always have a look under the hood.
      Also, the log should be able to copied to clipboard and saved, or be saved automatically.
      Right now messages fly by and I cannot track them, even not track back because the message log doesnt let me scroll up to the start.
      Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
      www.AddYourLight.com
      Always looking to learn, become better and serve better.

Comment

• A global "affect refraction" option in the VRayWireColor render element parameter

Or rather "be affected by refraction." The idea here is to have an option in the VRayWireColor parameter that would allow the user to choose whether they want ALL refractive materials to affect the render element or not.
        In my case I would use this feature in the following way: I'd set up two VRayWireColors, one with the "affect refraction" on where I'd be able to "see" objects behind refractive materials and one where I wouldn't. That would make my life and the life of the post artists down the pipeline a lot easier by giving the option to select refractive objects like glass windows AND what's behind it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThomasMiller View Post
          A global "affect refraction" option in the VRayWireColor render element parameter

Or rather "be affected by refraction." The idea here is to have an option in the VRayWireColor parameter that would allow the user to choose whether they want ALL refractive materials to affect the render element or not.
          In my case I would use this feature in the following way: I'd set up two VRayWireColors, one with the "affect refraction" on where I'd be able to "see" objects behind refractive materials and one where I wouldn't. That would make my life and the life of the post artists down the pipeline a lot easier by giving the option to select refractive objects like glass windows AND what's behind it.
          So what about the distortion of the refractive material.
          A.

---------------------
          www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

• Originally posted by Vizioen View Post

So what about the distortion of the refractive material.
            I think the distortion should be included. The result would look just like it does now when you select "all channels" in the Affect channels option in the material refraction. Essentially what I want is the ability to do that globally in the render element, while also having another version of the same render element that IS NOT affected by refraction. Does that make sense? I might render a few examples to show what I'm looking for

Comment

• Originally posted by ThomasMiller View Post
              A global "affect refraction" option in the VRayWireColor render element parameter

This! For all matte elements!

Comment

• I suppose the question is how to control the transferring of render elements through refraction:
                a) per glass material through the "Affect channels" option like it is now; or
                b) through a checkbox "propagate through refractions" in (each) render element; or
                c) some combination of the above.

Anything different from a) will cost some additional CPU cycles, which may or may not be significant in the grand scheme of things. In any case, a global option for each element has been requested before, so it's definitely something to consider.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

• Originally posted by vlado View Post
                  b) through a checkbox "propagate through refractions" in (each) render element
                  This is exactly what I had in mind. I don't mind increased render times if it means I don't have to manually render the image twice just for the render elements.
                  And "propagate through refraction" sounds much better than my clunky "be affected by refraction"

Comment

• You've got very awesome curve contols in Phoenix FD!
                    It'd be great to have something like that as a color curves node in the material editor!
                    Last edited by Ihno; 21-10-2019, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• A way to (Gaussian) blur (and maybe sharpen) textures would be helpful.
                      Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
                      www.AddYourLight.com
                      Always looking to learn, become better and serve better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ihno View Post
                        You've got very awesome curve contols in Phoenix FD!
                        It'd be great to have something like that as a color curves node in the material editor!
                        I recall this being brought up many times. Please consider to bring that to both Max and Maya.
                        always curious...

Comment

• I think this thread would be better as a User Voice page, similar to what Oculus has for the Quest -- https://oculus.uservoice.com/forums/921937-oculus-quest
                          Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Comment

• feature tweak wish - might be similar to what Ali Essawy asked for. The ability to link a vrayclipper to a camera. It becomes so tedious to even use the feature when I have to turn it on and off every time I want to render a specific view that needs the walls sliced away.

Comment

• feature tweak wish - camera clipping should match perspective control adjustments. I use the auto vertical tilt correction all the time, but have to adjust the camera because the clipping is leaving parts of the space from the original perspective in view.

Comment

• Get rid of the outdated colour mapping methods, and replace with GPU post-render tone mapping options in the VFB, like in Corona or FStorm.

Comment

Working...
                                X