This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vray 5 vfb is really powerful
    Last edited by will_will; 23-06-2022, 01:26 AM.

Comment

• Almost like SoftImage… RIP.

Comment

• Can't say if this idea hasn't already been mentioned, since there are over 150 messages in this thread, but.....

....I'd love some VFB Layer that'd take care of FireFlies that can occur, like they did so recently in a project of mine (see attached).

Maybe also, some kind of 'healing brush' like there is in Photoshop?

(the VFB in v5 is so damn good that there's almost no reason for me to go into Photoshop. So a Healing Brush or some kind of Layer solution to get rid of these Fireflies would be such a great timesaver).

Many thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_re_water_cascade_on_rockery DENOISER OFF (close up).JPG
Views:	471
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	1138139
        Jez

------------------------------------
        3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
        Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
        ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

• Tesselation-free Displacement mapping!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY3TBmYYVKc

Comment

• Infinite project in z direction for vray distance map so that I can apply it to splines.
            This is somewhat similar to what the vray decal does but the distance shader allows for much more complexity.

We use vray distance to do line markings on roads and currently we have to shell the splines to intersect with the road surface.

We could use it for a lot more.
            For example I want to use a rectangle to create a carpark on a ground surface I have created from meshed point cloud data.
            Most people are getting splines from architects/engineers and have ground surfaces from contours/photogrammetry/lidar which has awful topology.
            They take a shape usually from autocad and put a uvw map on it which meshes it.
            Then they try and conform the mesh down onto the ground. Messy.

I can project the material down using shell.
            I now want to create a kerb around the carpark using railclone but cannot select the spline as it has been meshed by the shell.

I can work around it by making a master spline which I reference and put the shell on the reference but it is clunky.

Along with Shape booleans and railclone this workflow would be very useful for us to create quick sketches for different landscaping layouts.
            It will always project correctly regardless of underlying topology.

Comment

• I'm not sure if anyone have mentioned this before, but adding Include/Exclude list to VRay camera would be useful for Archviz projects where you batch render dozen of shots and each one need some object visible/hidden .
              You could refer to Corona Renderer for how it should work .
              -------------------------------------------------------------
              Simply, I love to put pixels together! Sounds easy right : ))
              Sketchbook-1 /Sketchbook-2 / Behance / Facebook

Comment

• I wish an "ENU Folder Factory Reset"-Button especially for VRay specific content like files and entries or changes to existing files over there. This may help for Troubeshooting and don't needs a delete of the whole ENU folder when only VRay is affected by some ENU related issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by TubeSmokeGuy View Post
                  I wish an "ENU Folder Factory Reset"-Button especially for VRay specific content like files and entries or changes to existing files over there. This may help for Troubeshooting and don't needs a delete of the whole ENU folder when only VRay is affected by some ENU related issues.
                  That's what the uninstaller is for.
                  If the uninstaller fails, it's unlikely we can do anything at all about it in any other way, which is what historically leads people to wipe that Max folder.
                  It's not just us, either, it's a Max thing which would be for AD to fix/strenghten.
                  The best one can possibly do is back it up on max start, via scripting, so to restore it on max's misbehavior (2 copies, so the first that doesn't misbehave can be restored).

FYI the issues mostly stem from cross-opening of Max copies.
                  In general, opening one, waiting and then opening another, instead of chaining startups, prevents issues.
                  Lele
                  Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                  ----------------------
                  emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                  The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

• Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
                    That's what the uninstaller is for.
                    If the uninstaller fails, it's unlikely we can do anything at all about it in any other way, which is what historically leads people to wipe that Max folder.
                    It's not just us, either, it's a Max thing which would be for AD to fix/strenghten.
                    The best one can possibly do is back it up on max start, via scripting, so to restore it on max's misbehavior (2 copies, so the first that doesn't misbehave can be restored).

FYI the issues mostly stem from cross-opening of Max copies.
                    In general, opening one, waiting and then opening another, instead of chaining startups, prevents issues.
                    Hi! IDK if you have seen that thread with VRayColor issue in the issues forum. To sum it up, deleting the ENU folder helps to solve that miss-behaviour of VRayColor map.
                    But, my 3dsmax and VRay are working fine in all other areas, except for the VRayColor map. Now it seems very exaggerated to me that I have to delete all my 3dsmax and other plugins customizations, just because of one single issue. I really wish the solution to solve that, could be more specific. Can't you name the file or the file which contains the lines, that are responsible for that issue to fix it more focused?
                    Thats why I requested this idea with a ENU factory reset specifically for VRay components. Just to explain the background.

Comment

• Thanks for the background info, let's get back to that thread to discuss the specific issue.
                      Lele
                      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                      ----------------------
                      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

• exr support for Batch image processing in VFB. example: adding Lens effects to VRayLightSelects.
                        Marcin Piotrowski
                        youtube

Comment

• I had these ideas in mind for a long time but did not know about this wishlist section of the forum.

1. i wish there was a thickness map or a thickness parameter for the opacity/cutout, so that the cutout will have thickness or shell at rendertime,maybe even combine with edgetex to chamfer the edges. if not for leaves, its very useful for things like ornamental railings,grills, even text or decal maybe.

2. vray decal to be visible in viewport.

3. Add render resolution parameter to camera. when enabled, it will override the global resolution in render setup and renders the different resolutions set in different cameras

4. Enable rotation of HDRi in viewport when "lock map" enabled in DomeLight . currently, we can only see the rotation in IPR.

5. Bring back Open CL support for AMD GPUs or Vulkan. This can impact the community in a huge way. AMD GPUs have come a long way since old days, when using OpenCL wasn't worth it.

6. Simplify caustics rendering

Comment

• Probably a bit late to the New Ideas party, but can we have a new Color Picker please?

The standard one that comes with 3DS Max is a bit old / lacking and I don't want to install Corona so that I can take advantage of theirs. I note that Chaos provides color pickers for Rhino, SketchUp and maybe others?
                            Jez

------------------------------------
                            3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
                            Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
                            ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

• It would be very handy if the progressive sampler max render time could be dynamically changed, especially when rendering via backburner.

Is it possible to add a spinner for this setting to the VFB?
                              Set V-Ray class properties en masse with the VMC script
                              Follow me for script updates: @ollyspolys

Comment

• I would very much like the Vraycamera with Clipping turned on to work in the same way as a StandardCamera.
                                Since when I select and zoom in 99% of the cases I want to get closer to the camera itself, and not to its Clipping zone.
                                Add video - https://we.tl/t-8iEusEHL0R

Comment

Working...
                                X