Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chromatic aberration effect in VFB with a bias slider, to reduce the effect in the center.

Comment

• Option for batch image processing to convert renderings to different file format like PNG.

Comment

• VRay Properties as Layer Properties || Not only as Object Properties

Comment

• When rendering in bucket mode, please make an option for rendering one progressive pass before buckets start, so that I can see a rough estimation of the complete image in frame buffer, even if show lightcache calulation phase is disabled.

Comment

• Please merge Vray Material Browser and Cosmos Browser.

Comment

• Can we have global overrides for VRayMultiSubTex to control the sub VRayBitmaps?

Along with the previouslly requested batch load for VRayMultiSubTex, this would be handy to control all VRayBitmap properties at the parent level, rather than having to manage each submap individually...
              Set V-Ray class properties en masse with the VMC script
              Follow me for script updates: @ollyspolys

Comment

• Batch load textures in VrayBitmap - like Corona does but without the 100 map limitation. Also batch load on VrayMultiSubTex (so we have automatic connections to the vraybitmap) would be awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moriah View Post
                  Batch load textures in VrayBitmap
                  What exactly do you mean?

I've prepared a quick batch loader plugin for the multisubtex here, while we wait for the devs.
                  Last edited by ^Lele^; 04-11-2021, 12:49 PM.
                  Lele
                  Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                  ----------------------
                  emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                  The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

• BerconTile support for VRayMultiSubTex so the textures are mapped onto tiles the same way MultiTexture can do.

MultiTexture was a game changer when it first appeared and we relied on it heavily, so we have tons of old scenes & assets that use it.
                    But it currently doesn't have the option to load textures as VRayBitmaps and control color space, RGB primaries etc.
                    MultiTexture also breaks when you run the "V-Ray Bitmap to VRayBitmap converter", so it's proving problematic as we transition to ACES.

If you can do this, perhaps you could also add the option to convert MultiTexture to VRayMultiSubTex in the "V-Ray Bitmap to VRayBitmap converter"

Comment

• Option in VRayLightMtl to render objects / faces with "Receive Shadows, Cast Shadows, Generetae GI, Receive GI" options disabled.

Comment

• Originally posted by TubeSmokeGuy View Post
                        Option in VRayLightMtl to render objects / faces with "Receive Shadows, Cast Shadows, Generetae GI, Receive GI" options disabled.
                        Can you not use the Wrapper material?
                        Or is what you look for different?

EDIT: ah, shadows too.
                        Lele
                        ----------------------

Disclaimer:
                        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

• Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
                          Can you not use the Wrapper material?
                          Or is what you look for different?

EDIT: ah, shadows too.
                          We do a lot work for electronics industry so we often have to visualize signals that run along cables or through space. In the simple case we use cylinders with path deform to let them run along splines. When we accidently forget to turn off "cast shaows / receive shadows" in object properties, the signals cast and/or receive shadows, which is not typical for signals and so the renders are trash and we have to re-render (in the worst case). Since we allways use VRayLightMtl to shade the signals, it would be very helpful to have these controls directly included in the material, so we don't have to do it by object properties for all signals.

Comment

• I think it would be preferable to add cast/receive shadows options to VRayMtlWrapper so these options can be used across all materials.

Comment

• Yeah, i was thinking along the lines of Olly, myself.
                              But i have no idea if it's doable either way.
                              Lele
                              ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

• Simplify ACES workflow. I need to specify the path for the OCIO file for every new scene and select ACEScg.
                                It should only be necessary to specify the OCIO path once and since Vray supports only ACEScg it should be selected automatically.

Comment

Working...
                                X