This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by caypiranha View Post
    btw: while the render creation process of one of my matlib files, it crashes, while the process encounters a SOftbox for instance. Can it skip these kinds of nodes?
    Please make a thread in the appropriate forum section to report any bug you may find.
    This is a feature request thread, we'd rather keep it clean as for the guidelines in the OP.
    Regarless, the script behaviour changed and it will now skip non-material entries, rather than warn and quit. It'll be implemented when next there'll be an update to V-Ray. For now, simply don't feed it textures in root slots, but only materials that can, in fact, be assigned to a sample sphere.
    So, f.e., apply your texture to a temp material, and save the material in the library.
    Last edited by ^Lele^; 31-05-2021, 01:06 AM.
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

• Please enable bitmaps viewport display through VRayLightMtl.

Comment

• Originally posted by TubeSmokeGuy View Post
        Please enable bitmaps viewport display through VRayLightMtl.
        You should just need to turn on high quality shading.
        Attached Files
        Lele
        ----------------------

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

• Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
          You should just need to turn on high quality shading.
          Thanks! But thats not a good idea on a high poly scene with lot of materials because it would start recompiling all viewport shaders in advanced shading mode. I better like to turn on "Show realistic material in viewport" selectively from the right click menue of the shaderball in SME. This works for VRayBlendMtl but sadly not for VRayLightMtl. So this is what I want to request .

EDIT: And even when you apply the VRayLightMtl with bitmap plugged in onto an object in HQ viewport it will be shown nicely first, but when you then additionally switch to "Show realistic material in viewport" via the shaderball menue, the bitmap disappears and the material shows just pure color and you're not able to get the bitmap to be displayed again. I guess this is a bug.
          Last edited by TubeSmokeGuy; 17-06-2021, 05:56 AM.

Comment

• Unfortunately, we have no way around the way Max treats the "shaded" materials.
            You'll notice the texture can be shown (toggle inside the texture UI), so long as the lightMtl color is black.
            That's because Max plusses that to the texture, instead of multiplying it or overriding it.
            The behaviour is identical to the Physical Material and the standard material: it's a Max thing.

You will want to use the aforementioned HQ mode, or the "Realistic Materials" toggle with the Standard mode.

It looks unlikely anything will change in Max for the older viewport modes, going forward.
            We'll surely take a novel look at the issue, but don't hold your breath for fixes.

Lele
            ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

• Originally posted by AbeTJH View Post
              Adding the option to have all render elements affected by layers stack in the VFB when saving all image channels into a single file.
              I noticed that in the latest nightly that there is a new feature in Vray Settings that adds the VFB color corrections to all the render channels however this seems is only possible if you separately save out all the render channels thru the dialog. Ideally this option should work even if we just save all channels to a single file directly thru the VFB.

Just my two cents!

Comment

• Would it be possible to have the sphere fade object work in subtract as well as add mode? I'm getting a use case in work where we want to do a foreground / background split on shots. We've got about 400 to run in one environment so we'll have to automate it on the farm and it'd be great to be able to define our foreground and then have a tickbox to get the opposite of that!

Comment

• Hi! It would be cool if we could have an additional hook in VRayLightMtl similar to "Compensate camera exposure", but for Color Mapping -> "Compensate color mapping".

Comment

• Currently the DR host gets a different coloured bucket for each thread, while slaves have all threads the same colour.
                    It would make more sense for the host to use a single colour for all threads when DR is on.
                    Set V-Ray class properties en masse with the VMC script
                    Follow me for script updates: @ollyspolys

Comment

• The DR bucket render element uses different bucket colours to the ones assigned during rendering.
                      It would make troubleshooting, during a render, easier if the render element bucket colours matched the render buckets.

Comment

• Possibly solved by above - the render element buckets are pretty similar across 5 slaves here - see attached.
                        These colours should be checked for similarity so each node's buckets are distinct.
                        Maybe you could offer manual colour assignment to each slave in the DR settings.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Physical Camera options as render globals so you can have EV exposure, DOF etc on the perspective camera....or something like that. Having a different pan, zoom rotate method for a physical camera compared to the perspective camera is mad.
                          e: info@adriandenne.com
                          w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

• Hello everyone.

Some of my suggestions:

1 - Vray camera control some of render settings parameters. Like resolution and ratio for outputs.
                            2 - Vray camera control for VFB adjustments (curves, exposures..etc). I know we can load custom saved settings, but to automate that process for a scene with multiple cameras and several 3d artists working together.
                            3 - Vray camera control camera projections (360 spherical, 6x1 cubic images) This one is very important to avoid several issues when working with multiple images/artists
                            4 - I think it´s important to add an option to LightMix, to control different groups of objects with self ilumination. Sometimes i have a background with a vraylight material, messing around with visible light sources, pc monitors, led lights.

Tks!

Comment

• More Light Areas

Use Atmospheric Gizmos or Mesh Volumes to place and define areas where you can artificially raise the light intensity.

Comment

• Triplanar UVW modifier.

Like the native UVW mapping with box, but you get the triplanar settings too. It would save time so you don't need to set up a separate triplanar map in the material for every part like reflection, gloss, bump, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X