Vray for Blender 2.8 - when?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zorianpl View Post
    Two days ago, Blender 2.9 has been set as a stable version, Octane developers stared working on their own 2.9 version. Andrey has made a huge work with bringing vray for blender, hovewer I am a little bit scared that he is working alone and here, after one year we still do not have vray for blender.

Last time I saw Chaos blender page, at least it isn't available to buy there anything so the new people will be not throwing their money for something what isn't working.
    They put new developers on the Blender project, when they're cool. They just put them in another project.
    We are stuck here, Vray for Blender is plagued with multiple errors and inconsistencies.
    I feel like chaos is playing with us.
    I have been a professional for years, but when I make a piece for a client using blender as the final pipe, I never used vray, for fear of last minute things happening.
    A shame ...

Lastly, if the free software question is not the way of chaosgroup, they can always give you a sale price as if it were for max or maya.
    But get it over with!

Comment

• Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post

This is indeed quite disturbing offer. I would like to have a copy of it if it's possible > svetlozar.draganov@chaosgroup.com
      This will be discussed on a VP level, I'll personally initiate the discussion.

Thank you very much for your feedback!
      Nearly two months and still no response to this . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Zorianpl View Post
        Andrey has made a huge work with bringing vray for blender, hovewer I am a little bit scared that he is working alone and here, after one year we still do not have vray for blender.
        I don't think Andrei is working on this at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by flat View Post
          RenderMan's Blender support has been announced. I'm interested in how they implemented the Blender bridge tool.

https://app.livestorm.co/pixar-anima...ew-bridge-tool
          Great news!

Comment

• Renderman webinar is over and the news is out. The new version will be released 1st Quarter of 2021 - it will support 2.83 and above.
            https://www.blendernation.com/2020/0...-release-date/

Comment

• https://www.chaosgroup.com/vray/blender so the availability of buying is return. Maybe it was some kind of bug last time. Im starting to be a little bit angry of the situation how Chaos and Legion treats Blender. One company is saying that they are working on the build the second one says that it is impossible to bring Corona render to Blender because of Blender's license.

On the other side, when I look at incoming rtx cards and works of Jan Morek in Blender Octane build I'm starting believe that V-ray/Corona aren't needed anymore. Better to invest in rtx 3090 than new CPU. Currently I am capable to render exterior shots with on my rtx 2080ti with out of core enabled both in octane and cycles with the same speed as when using corona exporter for Blender on my threadripper.

So if the things goes this way I hope that the whole industry will be rebuild and big companies are going to lose their position. One year of waiting for rendering of a cube.

Comment

• Any news whats done so far ?
                Win7 Ultimate 64bit, GTX 970, Standalone version: V-Ray Next 4.30.03,

Comment

• Things are moving along...

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

• Nice to hear this directly from you.
                    I hope you'll find good reasons to improve the development pace as , at the moment, seems it's missing this time that it seems an industry change phase.

I hope you'll surprise us with a rock solid release in a short time.

Have a good work and I hope also that you'll share more information with us. It will help to trust in this project.

Comment

• Originally posted by vlado View Post
                      Things are moving along...

Best regards,
                      Vlado
                      The problem is that you are working on 2.83 LTS right? Even if is long term support, every new blender release give much more updates, and curenntly blender 2.9 gives much more control in workflow than previous versions. Auto update UV while modelling increase the speed of adjusting the models. Soon there will be octane 2.9 realese and so far we do not have so much information from Chaos and specially how it will look for blender vray users. I am really afraid that there will be blender 3.5 in production when we will be ready to use vray 2.83 lts build. It's already one year and we still have got only renders of the cube, and as everybody knows, default cube has to been deleted after launching the software.

​​

Comment

• I dont' want to defend Chaos as they don't need a lawyer...
                        I think that the big change was from 2.79 to 2.8. If they're porting everything to 2.83, I suppose it'll be not a great problem to make updates... as always..it depends how they want to manage this porting... let see.

Comment

• To be honest, and I am not being negative here, just saying how easily trust can be lost, but when I read "things are moving along...." I interpreted that as corporate anything talk.

What does it mean ? I know time is certainly moving along. I know Blender is moving along. I know that other renderers are moving along.

We need more *explicit* communication from Chaos, as this is them slowly losing our trust (particularly whilst other threads re pricing are also taken into account).
                          Jez

------------------------------------
                          3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
                          Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
                          ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

• Originally posted by JezUK View Post
                            ...but when I read "things are moving along...." I interpreted that as corporate anything talk.
                            Yes, I definitely read that as a blow off.
                            Last edited by Daf57; 19-09-2020, 07:09 AM.

Comment

• А где сейчас Андрей Изранцев (aka bdancer)? Или он уже не участвует в разработке Vray for Blender?

Comment

• Ah well, things have been "moving along" towards getting RT integration in Blender for what - about 2 years now? (looking at my last V-Ray update was 3.6 from November 2018.) I've pretty much checked out from V-Ray.

Comment

Working...
                                X