No announcement yet.

Vray for Blender 2.8 - when?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One thing I wonder why not ChaosGroup understand the power of blender community. They don't need to do all by them selfs. There is many users that are ready to help to make this v-ray/blender to happen.Just code the main structures and share in git and let magic happens by blender community.

Other thing that I wonder why they removed IPR feature from standalone( Im talking about standalone.exe, not vray/blender addon). It had that feature in the past and it would have been possible to code into vray/blender addon by users. But they decided to remove that part from standalone and make it separated unit and users don't have access to it. That rings alarm bells in my head that in the end there is some other reasons why they dont udapte blender/vray so rapidly.

Comment

• Originally posted by haikalle View Post
      One thing I wonder why not ChaosGroup understand the power of blender community. They don't need to do all by them selfs. There is many users that are ready to help to make this v-ray/blender to happen.Just code the main structures and share in git and let magic happens by blender community.

Other thing that I wonder why they removed IPR feature from standalone( Im talking about standalone.exe, not vray/blender addon). It had that feature in the past and it would have been possible to code into vray/blender addon by users. But they decided to remove that part from standalone and make it separated unit and users don't have access to it. That rings alarm bells in my head that in the end there is some other reasons why they dont udapte blender/vray so rapidly.
      They already covered this and said the work involved is very specific and they need to assign it to someone willing to work in their main office which I believe since it's no easy task.

The issue I see is that they stretched their resources beyond what they could handle and left Blender behind for some reason. I'm amazed that Unreal Engine gets more attention. The industry changes pace fast and old software such as blender 2.79 is no longer viable to users that make the switch from other 3d packages.

Comment

• I don't think it's helpful to indulge in speculation. Besides, the facts on their own are disappointing enough.

Comment

• The reason I was saying my last statement was that I noticed that there was that IPR feature in standalone.exe and I was ready to try to code that feature into addon on my freetime. Not maybe the fastest and most efficient code but still something. Then I was suprised when that feature was blocked.

Comment

• Originally posted by haikalle View Post
            One thing I wonder why not ChaosGroup understand the power of blender community. They don't need to do all by them selfs. There is many users that are ready to help to make this v-ray/blender to happen.Just code the main structures and share in git and let magic happens by blender community.

So I cannot agree with you, Corona developers would like to help community to develop exporter Blender to standalone, but there is no interest in developing it. So IMO the same situation could be with V-ray

Comment

• I'm trying octane seems work fine

Comment

• Originally posted by marcoz View Post
                I'm trying octane seems work fine
                I already started to use Octane in production, so I can definitely write that there is a better communication with the developers and octane is really well integrated into Blender

Comment

• Originally posted by Zorianpl View Post

I already started to use Octane in production, so I can definitely write that there is a better communication with the developers and octane is really well integrated into Blender
                  Vray is better especially in interiors( i have to deal with a lot on noise) but ipr and very good integration are priceless, at present time i'm using the prime version i'm planning tu buy the full version.

Comment

• Comment

• I see that great strides have been made from that lonely cube, presumably rendered by blender 2.8...

Comment

• Originally posted by marcoz View Post
                        I see that great strides have been made from that lonely cube, presumably rendered by blender 2.8...
                        In this same forum, have unaddressed software issues since 2015 ... 2015 friends!.
                        It was stupid to believe in this project with the facts on the table.

Comment

• Andrei was the only one who solved something, but hey, Andrei is not here anymore ..

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	1.PNG
Views:	692
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	1098248
                            ChaosGroup conference 2077.

Comment

• ehhh......

Comment

• Me come back to this thread 2077 reading: vray4blender coming this fall
                                Greets Phil
                                -----------------------
                                WS
                                DUAL E5-2683 V3 28c/56t @2,6Ghz
                                64GB Ram
                                ASUS ROG STRIX OC 1080ti
                                PALIT SUPER JETSTREAM 780ti

Node
                                I7 2600K @4,40GHZ,
                                32GB RAM

Comment

Working...