Vray for Blender 2.8 - when?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by svetlozar.draganov View Post
    We are happy to share we found a full-time developer for V-Ray for Blender project. We are working very hard on making support for Blender 2.8.
    There are a lot of challenges since there are a lot of changes between 2.7 and 2.8 which opens a lot of work but we are confided we'll do whatever needed.

Thanks for everybody who supports us in this difficult moment!

Best Regards,
    Svetlozar Draganov
    Woooh great news !!! I'm really happy ! Thanks for the feedback, it's important to have a talk, not let people become stressed about (no) futur for V4B
    It's really important for me because, as I said before, I would like to go away from ADK (like a lot of people !). But I can't live without Vray !
    The best solution would be Blender/Vray... I use Vray for max and it would be so good to have Vray for Blender at the same level to Vray for max.
    It will be difficult to go back (no IPR, etc etc...)and I know there is a big step between both but anyway, one day, I hope to have the same potential/level with the both.

Thanks again, very welcome to the new dev' ! In Chaosgroup, We trust !!!

Originally posted by andybot_cg View Post

Not from Blender mind you, 2.8 is phenomenal.
    Not yet but hope to be soon !! Yes, I follow very closely the development of Blender and it's a real pleasure
    (Sorry for my bad english)

Comment

We are happy to share we found a full-time developer for V-Ray for Blender project. We are working very hard on making support for Blender 2.8.
      There are a lot of challenges since there are a lot of changes between 2.7 and 2.8 which opens a lot of work but we are confided we'll do whatever needed.

Best Regards,
      Svetlozar Draganov
      Great news for the world of CG!

And thanks for your responses to the VfB community, that does give a good impression to the customer.

And.. I want to welcome the long-awaited developer on behalf of the group.

Now. go work!

Thanks.
      Last edited by PablonchoWorks; 14-12-2019, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Great news! Also nice to see that chaosgroup team shares their plans openly with blender users. Excited to see vray/blender 2.8 finally.

Comment

Best Regards,
          Svetlozar Draganov
          That's great news!
          I think Blender integration is strategic. Not because of the cash flow or the number of users. It represents how Chaos Group interact with the gigantic 3d community blender has! It's an open door to all of it's products.
          I speak for my self and dozens of friends I saw starting with blender and ending up with other Chaos Group products.

So, can't wait to hearing new developments!
          Arquitecto is just a very nice architect in Portugal ...

Comment

Best Regards,
            Svetlozar Draganov
            Nice to see that there is still interest in Blender integration!
            I was holding my 3.6 / Next update until there was an official statement about the future of Vray / Blender.

Out of curiosity, there is already a roadmaps or planned release dates for the initial beta releases?
            architect at oona

Comment

I hope will "see" that developer soon on forum just to shake his hand

Comment

Hello and Happy New Year to everyone here.

I just want to share some information regarding the development of V-Ray for Blender and our plans for the near future.
                As mentioned before we are working very actively on the support of Blender 2.8. We already spent more than a month on this matter and here is what we have found so far.

There is a huge fundamental difference between version 2.8 and previous version of Blender. The whole concept of the software from development standpoint has been completely reworked, it's basically a new software which operates very differently than before. The way the old implementation of V-Ray for Blender is integrated is no longer applicable, so there is no shortcut to make support for version 2.8 - we have to build it almost from scratch.

The bad news is that since the software is open-source, it doesn't have any documentation of the changes made as well as any comments in the code which furthers complicates our job since we have to reverse-engineer basically everything. There isn't any standardization of the source-code, so it's basically Spaghetti code which makes things even worse. Another thing is we have no way of communicating with the development team of Blender which also slows things down.

We already figured out a lot of things and developed not a small part of the integration but there are still a lot of things to be done.
                We consider we will need about 4 months to complete the whole integration unless unexpected things come out down the road.
                Please don't take those 4 months as a firm release date, it's a goal which seems realistic for us and we'll do our best to meet it.

Best Regards,
                Svetlozar
                Last edited by svetlozar.draganov; 17-01-2020, 01:30 AM.
                Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Thanks svetlozar.draganov for being forthcoming about the challenges you all are facing in bringing V-Ray to the current Blender platform. All the best for your team.

Comment

Hello and Happy New Year to everyone here.

I just want to share some information regarding the development of V-Ray for Blender and our plans for the near future.
                    As mentioned before we are working very actively on the support of Blender 2.8. We already spent more than a month on this matter and here is what we have found so far.

There is a huge fundamental difference between version 2.8 and previous version of Blender. The whole concept of the software from development standpoint has been completely reworked, it's basically a new software which operates very differently than before. The way the old implementation of V-Ray for Blender is integrated is no longer applicable, so there is no shortcut to make support for version 2.8 - we have to build it almost from scratch.

The bad news is that since the software is open-source, it doesn't have any documentation of the changes made as well as any comments in the code which furthers complicates our job since we have to reverse-engineer basically everything. There isn't any standardization of the source-code, so it's basically Spaghetti code which makes things even worse. Another thing is we have no way of communicating with the development team of Blender which also slows things down.

We already figured out a lot of things and developed not a small part of the integration but there are still a lot of things to be done.
                    We consider we will need about 4 months to complete the whole integration unless unexpected things come out down the road.
                    Please don't take those 4 months as a firm release date, it's a goal which seems realistic for us and we'll do our best to meet it.

Best Regards,
                    Svetlozar
                    Thanks for informing us how everything is going.
                    There are many expectations here with vray for blender 2.8.
                    4 months is a number that I think is really really good.
                    Good luck guys!

Comment

svetlozar.draganov
                      Thank you for your post.
                      I can clearly understand that your schedule is an estimation... I think that a good thing to do, during the development, should be to share with us your progress.
                      Do you think it will be doable?

Comment

Thanks svetlozar.draganov ! It's great to hear about the integration of vray and blender!
                        We look forward to hearing from you.
                        Arquitecto is just a very nice architect in Portugal ...

Comment

Originally posted by bardo View Post
                          svetlozar.draganov
                          Thank you for your post.
                          I can clearly understand that your schedule is an estimation... I think that a good thing to do, during the development, should be to share with us your progress.
                          Do you think it will be doable?
                          This is actually what I'm trying to do since a few months.
                          I'll do my best to keep you guys informed. Feel free to ask for progress-updates if I haven't posted such for a long period of time.
                          Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
                          Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Really great news ! It would be awesome to use Blender, Vray is the main missing thing holding us back from considering it.

When you say you have no way to communicate with Blender dev team, why is that ?
                            By the way, why is the code so bad, the foudation doesn't have a coordination team or guidelines or whatever for a clean and easy code ?

Comment

This is actually what I'm trying to do since a few months.
                              I'll do my best to keep you guys informed. Feel free to ask for progress-updates if I haven't posted such for a long period of time.
                              Sorry.. I've lost some words to explain better... I mean to share with us some images when is possible... just for example you develop the VrayProxy visualization and export and you should show us a screenshot with VrayProxies inside Blender and a rendered image in the VFB.
                              Anyway...also just words are welcome...some images better
                              Just this.

Comment

@svetlozar.draganov
                                Thank you for providing us with this information. The lack of missing V-Ray to Blender 2.8x is the only reason why I don't use Blender as a complete 3D package. Even if it takes a few months, it is better than no further development for Blender.

Comment

Working...
                                X