Vray for Blender status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A nice news !!!
    the last tile of the puzzle is now near to be added into Blender builds.

https://projects.blender.org/blender...omment-1069052

Comment

I saw the .max importer in the early days of 3dsMax.

The .max format consists of parameters from the modifier stack, so it should not be possible to retrieve the correct model without emulating the modifier.
      This means that in order to load .max, all max modifiers must be ported within Blender.

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
      oakcorp.net
      v-ray.jp

Comment

Originally posted by flat View Post
        I saw the .max importer in the early days of 3dsMax.

The .max format consists of parameters from the modifier stack, so it should not be possible to retrieve the correct model without emulating the modifier.
        This means that in order to load .max, all max modifiers must be ported within Blender.

You're right but all the "static" 3dmodel 3dsmax libraries will become available and it's not a small thing.

Comment

Soooo... Did my ears deceive me, or did I just hear it in the Chaos Unboxed Live event that VRay is coming (back) to Blender??!!?

Excellent!

Comment

Holy hit...thats huge news. Ive been wanting to take Blender seriously as a production tool for a long time now, but was waiting for Vray. I dont do any character animation or rigging, so the strongest tools in Maya are of no use to me.
            Website
            https://mangobeard.com/
            Behance
            https://www.behance.net/seandunderdale

Comment

Originally posted by Joelaff View Post
              Soooo... Did my ears deceive me, or did I just hear it in the Chaos Unboxed Live event that VRay is coming (back) to Blender??!!?

Excellent!
              Not really getting my hopes up here. The announcement that they're working on vray for blender has happened multiple times over the past 4 years. 2 years ago also in form of a youtube video/livestream.

Cheers,
              Oliver

https://www.artstation.com/mokiki

Comment

Originally posted by Mokiki View Post

Not really getting my hopes up here. The announcement that they're working on vray for blender has happened multiple times over the past 4 years. 2 years ago also in form of a youtube video/livestream.
                Well, it's up to Chaos to add us ( = blenderusers) another renderer choice... so I stopped to dream on this... I just hope that they'll do for real and give us the indecision to choose which rendering solution to use.
                I think that as the Chaos Unboxing will have some real location events, we'll see if they'll show somw progress. I think that it will be easy to track it.

Comment

I'm not aware of any previous announcements, but this time it's for real, and we're actively working on a new version of V-Ray for Blender. We'll keep you posted if there is anything new we can share.
                  Last edited by shaio; 27-03-2024, 09:58 AM.
                  Ivan Shaykov
                  chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by shaio View Post

I'm not aware of any previous announcements, but this time it's for real, and we're actively working on a new version of V-Ray for Blender. We'll keep you posted if there is anything new we can share.
                    Vlado was talking about Vray for Blender in 3.x and showing a screenshot of it working in Blender during the 24h of chaos stream in 2022.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmUK5OXRtxE&t=4617s

Don't get me wrong I'd love to have vray for blender.
                    For quite a lot of side gigs I switched to Blender in order to cut costs but
                    I am not really happy with any of the render solutions there.
                    Renderman got pretty close but their infrequent update schedule to support newer blender version makes it unreliable.

Shaio I am not sure if you're allowed to talk about it. But are the plans still the same that vray for blender is gonna need it's own custom Blender build?
                    Or is it now gonna be an installer like for 3ds max / maya / houdini etc.?
                    Last edited by Mokiki; 28-03-2024, 12:16 AM.
                    Cheers,
                    Oliver

Comment

Shaio I am not sure if you're allowed to talk about it. But are the plans still the same that vray for blender is gonna need it's own custom Blender build?
                      Or is it now gonna be an installer like for 3ds max / maya / houdini etc.?
                      It's going to be with an installer like Max/Maya/Houdini/Cinema, we won't ship it with custom Blender build.
                      Ivan Shaykov
                      chaos.com

Comment

It's going to be with an installer like Max/Maya/Houdini/Cinema, we won't ship it with custom Blender build.
                        Thank you for letting me know. Happy about that change.
                        Cheers,
                        Oliver

Comment

shaio Is it planned a open beta testing? Or we'll have to wait the final release to test it?

Comment

Nice move.
                            I hope that this will not impact the performance when the plugin will "export" for viewport rendering of final render when we have heavy scenes with thousands of different objects and hundreds of materials.

thank you for replying us.

Comment

Another question: is it planned a Linux version or will be available just for Win (Mac?)

Comment

Working...
                              X