No announcement yet.

Bifrost is coming IN Maya 2015!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bifrost has a cache system inside Maya which is quite stupid, since you need this memory to simulate. I have 12GB machine, and can't finish even the simple Bifrost examples since I run out of memory. There is an option to specify the cache size, but it did't work for me. You can't disable this feature it seems, so maybe you can try to simulate in batch mode?
    V-Ray/PhoenixFD for Maya developer

Comment

here are some tips
      1. Go to BIF options and turn off EVERYTHING
      2. When you think you are ready to start caching, save scene, close maya
      3. Open maya and you scene just select the BIF container and got to Compute & Cache to disk (and pray u wont run out of mem )

few warnings if sim crash u wont be able to resume , i just love them (AD)

cheers

Comment

let me know when u rls the night build with new updates for BIF

cheers

Comment

Linux/Windows versions from 2015/05/31 should support it. There is some more work for the OSX version.

Comment

hm i dont know whats happen, but i can see only stable (20150522) and nothing after, dont know maybe support cut me off from nightbuild dir?

Comment

Yes, the nightly builds are more restrictive now. You can write to sales@chaosgroup.com and hopefuly they will restore your access.

Comment

hehe i did and i got the access, but just for stable builds, i guess

p.s. maybe you could speed up the things on ur side

Comment

Ivaylo do you want me to post here the errors that im getting from maya 16 and BIF or maybe open a new thread just for that?

for a start i made a sim and when i hit the render i get this error

error: OpenVDBIO: fatal error loading - 'Invalid VDB stream data!'

i didnt made a mesh or anything, just plain particles and Render button

Comment

I would need more . Do you use 25880 or newer? Can you see this line at the top of the script editor:

// Error: VRay: Could not load the Bifrost module! You will not be able to render Bifrost as isosurface or metaball

Comment

Hehe, ok,

as far as i can see this is it:
                      3.05.04, revision 25864 (downloading now latest build)

no other errors than the one i wrote

let you know in few minutes with new build how did it go

Comment

Cool works now, are there any settings for iso surface?
                        Last edited by bazuka; 08-06-2015, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Currently - no. I would like to add some OpenVDB processing like dilate/erode. And even add the OpenVDB mesher for particles. But this will be probably after the SP release. Since it will take time, and people don't seem to use Bifrost that much...

Comment

hehe, you right about that last line

Comment

Working...
                            X