No announcement yet.

Important V-Ray 1.5 announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for clearing that up, Vlado. That's good news!
    Cheers,

/Thomas
    Eyecadcher Media

Comment

• Originally posted by TJE
      The most important thing about true DR I guess, is quick test renders... These are the real time-robbers, as one often need to do a lot of tweaking to light and materials before the final rendering. Often 100's of little tests to get things right.

TJE, that's an excelent point, those tweaks are the ones that make me look back and say: "where did the day go?" so having a way to get that as close to real time is key. I have no experience with backburner but I wonder if you could backburner be use in the same interactive fashion, or is backburner really something that operates in teh background and does not allows this 100 tweaks interaction.

BTW, it's good to hear DR is back in 1.5, so maybe my question is irrelevant now, but I'd still like to know.

Comment

• After reading vlado's post more carefully, it appears from his post that DR for MAX 6 will be implemented basically same way it is in the current public release of MAX 5.

I'm not familiar with the MAX 5 version but from what I've read here the whole ir map is calculated on each machine when you do DR thru vray or max.

I was under the impression that in version 1.5 they were going to get the additional machines to only calculate the IR map for the strip that has been assigned to it.

Am I way off base here? You guys that are testing 1.5 should be able to answer this.

Tony

Comment

• @TRGraphics:

Well, you have 2 choices: pre-render the ir-map, and then distribute the render, or render in bucket mode, where the assigned machine renders the ir-map for the bucket it's given...

If you distribute (stripes) a render in single frame mode, and have no pre-rendered ir-map, all slaves have to render the ir-map first.

Did I misunderstand you question??
          Cheers,

/Thomas
          Eyecadcher Media

Comment

• That helped to clear it up for me. Hopefully the bucket mode will be better than it is now! It looked a little rough when I tried to use it on my machine.

Thanks TJE.

Tony

Comment

• Bucket mode will render cleanly if your settings are high enough at lower settings there can and ussualy will be some difference between regions.
              Eric Boer
              Dev

Comment

• Yeah, you need some real good sampling to get away with interior bucket rendering... Exteriors work perfect with bucket mode.
                Cheers,

/Thomas
                Eyecadcher Media

Comment

• Place ya bets

So place your bets when do you think we will see 1.5?
                  Simon Askham - http://www.supercreative3d.com Rendering with Threadripper 2990WX Asus Prime X399 36GB DDR4

Comment

• Mid June

with fingers crossed

V Miller

Comment

• Ok Cool Cheers Miller
                      Simon Askham - http://www.supercreative3d.com Rendering with Threadripper 2990WX Asus Prime X399 36GB DDR4

Comment

• I'm betting this weekend
                        Eric Boer
                        Dev

Comment

• I'd say next week, midle of the week sometimes.....that is if Rerender doesn't have the inside track , in which case it probably be this weekend...hehehehe

paul.

Comment

• chaos can bet on one thing when it comes out......their servers are gonna crash pretty quick once thousands of people click that download botton in a matter of minutes...hehehehe

paul.

Comment

• Speaking of thousands of users, I bet they wish they would have put out 1.1 now and then charged for 1.5. I would have paid as reasonable upgrade fee!

Tony

Comment

• Hi

What i am not sure about the dr thing in bucket mode is, if you are able to save your ir map what sometime gets very important.

in max 5 this didn´t work i think.

but otherwise, well i am not sure somewhere i think i´ve read that this will be possible with 1.5 too. and also with lightmap ?

don´t care if it will be released next week ore next month. But i know it´ll be an increddible step. so it´s worth it.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                                X