Clear All

• yeah...just take a look at the build :

http://vray.info/features/vray1.5_preview/sky_cie.png

1.47.06...that wasnt too long after 1.47.03 hehehe

Thorsten

Comment

• Originally posted by BLADE
      For me, its simple a question of priority. I donĀ“t believe that:
      ALL the other Vray plugins (Maya, Rhino, XSI.. whatever) are all being work on by seperate teams. And they have in no way detracted from the work being done on the next release of Vray.
      They may have overloaded their targets and lost control over it. Things come out harder than they look at the first glance. Everyone knows situations like this from time to time with their own deadlines. But radio silence is not the way to go if you care about your costumers.
      It's not a matter of belief, i am afraid.
      There are written contracts for such things, ya know?
      http://www.vray.info/news/n0160.asp
      or http://www.asgvis.com
      Do you really think that that baltimore based company is a FAKE to fool you?
      Then you are paranoid.
      Or, seen your previous statement, just plain uninformed (Radio silence? are you reading this forum at ALL?An average of THREE posts per day from the lead developer is radio silence to you?), but definitely with a busy brain.
      Killer combination.

Besides, creating something like vray is NOT like creating an image to meet a deadline.
      It's a TAD more complex.
      Otherwise YOU would be coding vray for our joy, not Chaosgroup.
      I was taught NOT to piss on other people's accomplishments unless i could hold up something of MY OWN at the very least comparable.
      I definitely cannot say chaosgroup is slow.
      I wouldn't know where to start from if i were to read their code.
      Would YOU?

Slimer.

Comment

• I wish you studioDIM guys would get your own logins your all like some psychophrenic

For the record I think it is time for atleast a general update release, let us decide if we will use it or not but atleast give us the choice.
        Eric Boer
        Dev

Comment

• Yeah! what he say

Colin

Comment

• Originally posted by instinct
            yeah...just take a look at the build :

http://vray.info/features/vray1.5_preview/sky_cie.png

1.47.06...that wasnt too long after 1.47.03 hehehe

Thorsten
            Why didn't you tell me that before man?!
            Sevensheaven.nl ā€” design | illustration | visualization | cartoons | animation

Comment

• Originally posted by GALACTUS
              Yeah! what he say
              studioDIM donĀ“t have the faintest idea what I was talking about. Maybe someone else will explain it to him if he come to age.

Comment

• To go a bit further with joconnell line of thought, I think there are some severe misconceptions about the reality fo things here. First off, let me say that being an active part of the beta of VRay for the last couple years is a privilege, not something that should be expected or certainly not demanded. How many other major software tools do you get to beta in this way? Chaosgroup should be getting our respect and thanks for allowing us to partake in this, not our bitching and ranting. Secondly, if you cannot get something done (even through workarounds which include using other renderers included in max) with the software you have, then chances are you will not be able to get it done with the next release. Most of the tools in 1.5 are meant as speed/quality/stability improvements or ways to do things easier. Take the Sky/Sun system; If you can't figure out how to cheat that right now, then I have to say you have a lot to learn yet. Yes it will be a welcome addition as it will surely save time and help to ensure a certain degree of quality, but it sure isn't some unheard of feat. As for particle MBlur, something I am quite anxious for...it's not like VRay is your only option when using max. If the job calls for it, there are ways of getting it done. I am really looking forward to the final 1.5 build, but I am more thankful for the 1.47.03 beta build I have already gotten to use for so long now as it really has saved me time and effort. Thank you Chaosgroup
                To further put things into perspective, how many of you are privileged in seeing what is going to be in the next AfterBurn release? Or in the next 3ds Max release? Or in the next Aurora release? Or Realflow, or ZBrush...or any other popular production product (or product-to-be in the case of Aurora)? If any of you are privy to this, you know it is an honor to be on those lists, not something just anyone can get on. Yet with VRay you have gotten to be part of it and yet so many whine and rant ...why?

As for the final release date...it will get here when it gets here. It is not like you have projects sitting on the backburner, waiting for this software (if you do you need to seriously re-evaluate your business practices). It will be great fun to have a new, more powerful tool. But I don't jump all over Autodesk because they only release once a year...in fact the consensus for many is that they are releasing too often...what a paradigm shift from the some of the attitude here. And of the tools I use, I would have to say Max is certainly the priority tool on my list (and I would guess a lot of yours as well), yet we here we all sit in anxious anticipation. Why not show Chaosgroup the same?

It reminds me of the old saying, you give an inch and they take a mile. Be thankful for the many inches you have been given so far.
                Chaosgroup deserves a bit more respect than this in light of what they HAVE already done for their users.

ok, rant over....I hope others take this in the light it is intended and not as a personal attack on any one person.

Comment

• okay lets not get carried away here.

I realise that software as a product is not as defined as bying a TV, and i have no reason not to like chaosgroup as much as the next man......but still this is a product we've all bought, a really good product and i guess thats why we're all here.

please try not to put it on a pedistal where we all have to bough and be honored.

Comment

• Come on now, urging to not rant and bitch about a company for its fairly honorable practices is a long way from trying to put them on a pedistal. You bought and paid for version 1.09, not beta 1.47.03. You have surely gotten more than your moneys worth. I pay an annual subscription fee to Autodesk...updates are implied and yet I get more from Chaosgroup. Try to keep things in perspective.

Comment

• Hi Charley,

I generally agree with what you state, but I do think that we should see the current beta version in the right perspective, as the last official V-Ray release has been years ago, so I think we can regard the current beta as an official major update of V-Ray by now.

If Chaos Group hadn't given us the opportunity to work with the subsequent beta releases I guess half of us would still be using 1.09 and the other half would surely have bought a more frequently updated renderer. New times demand major updates with new and improved features to stay up to date with the competition.
                      Sevensheaven.nl ā€” design | illustration | visualization | cartoons | animation

Comment

• i am trying to put things into perspective...just not yours i guess and i indeed am not trying to change yours either.

again im satisfied with the product, i am really glad i made the 'investment'.

>You bought and paid for version 1.09, not beta 1.47.03

actually this is not true, maybe if you look at it very 'squarish', but the fact still is that i, as many others i guess, bought it knowing i could the beta versions. Would i have bought it otherwise ? probably...but you never know. so..

>You have surely gotten more than your moneys worth.

Have i ?. I dunno, but im still satisfied with my buy, thats for sure

Comment

• I believe that Final Render or MR are the only other renderers that have been updated more frequently...surely not Brazil. Yet to the best of my knowledge, VRay and Brazil are the general favored among the Max renderers. Years worth of gaps in products is certainly not unusual. Afterburn has not seen anything other than minor bug fixes and max compatibility upgrades for much longer and it is a very widely used product of a much lower caliber in terms of complexity than a renderer. On a much larger scale and more relevant to VRay, take RenderMan, how often is it upgraded? Yet it is still in wide use in an entire section of the industry. Customers pressuring developers will only lead to one end, sub par product. Chaosgroup is way ahead of the curve in terms of allowing their customers advanced use of its non-production software. Take it at that and leave it at that.

Comment

• Originally posted by dennis
                            actually this is not true, maybe if you look at it very 'squarish', but the fact still is that i, as many others i guess, bought it knowing i could the beta versions. Would i have bought it otherwise ? probably...but you never know. so...
                            Well if you bought VRay knowing you were going to get v1.4xxx, then you certainly haven't been waiting as long as others for this upgrade. And not viewing things in the reality they exist (whether 'squarish' or not) leaves things so open as to not really have much coherent relevance to the topic. I mean I get several updates to my Anit-Virus each week, should I be allowed to compare it to that? 3 years ago I read articles on how fast computers should be today, yet they are not...should I rip on those developers for being so slow? It is easy to satisfy your own desire to push these guys, but do you really think you need to?

I guess my point is that Chaosgroup has done a bit more than most others and therefore deserves a bit more from us than ripping on them. It is a simple point that, to me, seems hard to rationally disagree with. Agree with me or not, I suppose it is no matter to me, but I would think that Chaosgroup might appriciate a bit better remarks for all their effort.

Comment

• Well if you bought VRay knowing you were going to get v1.4xxx, then you certainly haven't been waiting as long as others for this upgrade.
                              no no.. as you can see i joined the forum aprox 2 years ago, so i guess you right. i just didnt know there where a que? i guess the guy that buys tomorrow deserves it as much as me or you ?

And not viewing things in the reality they exist (whether 'squarish' or not) leaves things so open as to not really have much coherent relevance to the topic.
                              im really sorry english is only me 2. language and that many large words in one sentence sortof confuses me. its not relevant ? to me it is..

I mean I get several updates to my Anit-Virus each week, should I be allowed to compare it to that? 3 years ago I read articles on how fast computers should be today, yet they are not...should I rip on those developers for being so slow?
                              ok ?

It is easy to satisfy your own desire to push these guys, but do you really think you need to?
                              no i dont really think i need too, i didnt even know that i did ?

Comment

• Originally posted by RErender
                                I wish you studioDIM guys would get your own logins your all like some psychophrenic
                                slimer = lele
                                I'm the only english speaker in here

Bud

Comment

Working...
                                X