• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ha! Now isn't that the truth!
    rpc212
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

• has anyone been looking into siigraph? They surely will be showing 1.5, but is it going to be ready to distribute???

I caught wind that at least the new dongles may be. I would assume 1.5 may not be too far behind (if not at the same time).

I really can't wait. I have several projects in que that would take great advantage from some of the new features.

Comment

• I will surely be very happy as well when the relieving announcement of the final V-Ray 1.5 will finally be here.
        Sevensheaven.nl — design | illustration | visualization | cartoons | animation

Comment

• We are officially over a year since the last official release (May 16, 2005). I'm concerned about the future of VRay. They don't answer my emails.

Comment

• Oh no, no Maxwell part two please!

But seriously, I'm pretty sure V-Ray 1.5 is really nearing completion now. My guess is that Chaos Group doesn't promise release dates before every new feature works 99.9 procent reliable, while Next Limit kept promising things they could not live up to.

The only trap Chaos Group has to avoid is a lack of decent communication with its users. This is a bigger flaw of Next Limit than not keeping their release date promises.

Comment

• i believe they have it more or less finished since last year.
              now they are rewriting and scrambling the whole code in order to implement the perfect copy protection. that's what i think. or some legal/contract problem to sort out.
              it's not bugfixing that caused a delay of 1 year.
              i hope it's out soon
              Marc Lorenz
              ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
              www.marclorenz.com
              www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

• me too. I just started a really time consuming job int/ext/animations. It would have been nice to have had the new version before I started. What I am saying is Vlado really needs to work better with my schedule.

Comment

• Originally posted by plastic_
                  now they are rewriting and scrambling the whole code in order to implement the perfect copy protection.
                  Is there even such a thing? If you build it... someone will figure out a way to distribute it for free. I think the best option is the whole "leak a slightly non-functioning version" out so we can all yell at the person when they show up on forums... "My animation is flickering, what's wrong!!!"

I agree, though, an update statement from Chaos would be much appreciated. For instance, if they said, "We will start distributing the dongles at Siggraph, if you're there you can pick it up," I would start planning on driving up to Boston later this summer (although the drive back would be rough waiting to try out some of the new features!).

Comment

• The last three or so e-mails I've sent to Vlado were not answered. Is he still around here or has he ceased to be the driving force behind Vlado-Ray? That would really be a pity, as I think Vlado is a brilliant and sympathetic guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metin_7
                      The last three or so e-mails I've sent to Vlado were not answered. Is he still around here or has he ceased to be the driving force behind Vlado-Ray? That would really be a pity, as I think Vlado is a brilliant and sympathetic guy.
                      Oh here is here trust me... every day I get an email from him complain about how you keep emailing him... "Man that Metin just won't stop..." he says...

Comment

• Sevensheaven.nl — design | illustration | visualization | cartoons | animation

Comment

• atleast he emails you. he bugs me night and day on msn about metin. hehe kidding dude (:

---------------------------------------------------
                          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

• You guys are killing me!

All I e-mailed to Vlado was a 10 MB list with arguments why the Max scanline renderer is better than V-Ray. I really don't understand why he doesn't reply anymore!

Comment

• What are you waiting for?

What are you really waiting for? I saw the most talented guys from here
                              posting unbeliveable great images. Not here, but in the maxwell render
                              forum.

Maybe there is no need to wait. Maybe then the chaosgroup guys are
                              happy and feel already rich enough for the next some years.

To me it seems, they don´t care anymore about finishing something
                              before they start some new. But hey, things about their name: Its
                              Chaosgroup. What do you expect?

What? You mean I sound pissed? Yes, this is the exact mood I am in.

Sorry!

Comment

• Nice and positive
                                Keep the vibes coming man!

Lele

Comment

Working...
                                X