No announcement yet.

Important V-Ray 1.5 announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was just joking about the comment that, "they got a copy early".
    rpc212
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

• <<<Our latest estimates are that V-Ray 1.5 release candidates will be coming at the beginning of May 2004.>>>

Sup with this??? It's 2006!
      Gary

Comment

• Originally posted by gangle
        Sup with this??? It's 2006!
        On the development side, at this time, there are minor but irritating issues to be fixed, mostly dealing with the V-Ray VFB, as this was almost rewritten from scratch. These are being cleared up little by little... Other than that, as far as I know there are tons of paperwork to be done for the dongles, and you know what bureaucracy can be like. Both development and organizational issues are in a state of being done "any time now"...

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

• Good stuff! Hopefully all VFB issues will clear soon!

Just a question with regards to the VFB, Vlado, have you incorporated any of the improvements to the VFB outlined in Tom Schuelke's thread?

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forum/phpB...y+frane+buffer

I always thought these were excellent ideas. I know about the Combustion workspace/ Max render elements support coming, which I have to say is just fantastic on your guys part!

Anyway just wanted to ask as I am already an extremely happy customer with Vray and am looking forward to the new features up coming with the next release! Keep up the great work!
          rpc212
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

Comment

• Vlado - you mentioned paperwork for the dongles. Did I miss something on ordering those? I looked back through the posts and saw that the dongle order forms would be mailed out to everyone. If so, I never got one and I definately want one. Sorry if I'm a little confused and jumping the gun, but I'm very excited about 1.5 and want to be able to use it as soon as it gets released. Thanks.

Ryan

Comment

• yup your jumping the gun. i think its supposed to be an online registration. the paper work he mentioned is more than likely just legal stuff they have to go through

---------------------------------------------------
              MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
              stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

• How about a point release? Something with the physical sky, the mapable dome light, new camera and fixed DR?
                Eric Boer
                Dev

Comment

• Originally posted by rfellers
                  Vlado - you mentioned paperwork for the dongles. Did I miss something on ordering those? I looked back through the posts and saw that the dongle order forms would be mailed out to everyone. If so, I never got one and I definately want one. Sorry if I'm a little confused and jumping the gun, but I'm very excited about 1.5 and want to be able to use it as soon as it gets released. Thanks.

Ryan
                  I was referring to paperwork that we have to do on our side internally, you don't have to worry about any of that

As for a point release, I have suggested it many times, so we will see.

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

• Cool
                    Eric Boer
                    Dev

Comment

• Hot

Comment

• oh, my gosh! oh, my gosh!...

Comment

• you know....we should really cut down on the posts that really don't say anything useful.

Like, Oh my Gosh, cool, awesome, sweet.....and so on.

it's really nice to be able to find things without looking through 50 pages of Nothing but short answers that sometimes aren't even in reply to anything at all.

Especially when it's in a thread like this. We're all waiting for the release and I know i'm not the only one who checks this nearly every time there's a new post. It's just not nice *whimper*

Comment

• mmmm I doubt that will happen... playfull banter and one word posts is what the vray forums are all about

or maybe not.

Comment

• It's better than saying we are going to fly to Bulgaria, hunt down Peter and tickle him till we get a point release...

woops did I say that out loud?
                              Eric Boer
                              Dev

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewjohn81
                                you know....we should really cut down on the posts that really don't say anything useful.

Like, Oh my Gosh, cool, awesome, sweet.....and so on.
                                Maybe he's right! If we want the whole world to be a better place we should be the example, so let's be thoughtful responsible professionals at the expense of good humour and creativity!!! Let's fight corruption and injustice with a hand full of impecable renderings and maybe then one day we'll have respectfull clients that will pay what we ask for without complaints and with reasonable deadlines!... well, maybe not...

Originally posted by andrewjohn81
                                We're all waiting for the release and I know i'm not the only one who checks this nearly every time there's a new post. It's just not nice *whimper*
                                HEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!! Guess you'll just have to live with it, man!

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                                X