• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR DR DR
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

• They have said before that DR was working in max6 for internal builds...
      Eric Boer
      Dev

Comment

• passes???? oh... please... passes......

Comment

• thanks vlado...looking foward to it

paul.

Comment

• Hmm...what happened to the render elements/Passes? Did you just forget to mention it, or is it maybe part of the new VFB (not likely), or have you dropped it completely for this release?
            Signing out,
            Christian

Comment

• holy **** that is a great list there!

don't forget to expose it all to mxs

Bill

Comment

• Yeah, eh, no passes???
                Cheers,

/Thomas
                Eyecadcher Media

Comment

• I didn't say these are all the new features; there will be many other changes (including "passes").

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

• The thankless job of a programmer

Thanks for a great piece of software Vlado, really looking forward to 1.5 and the future!
                    Eric Boer
                    Dev

Comment

• Vlado, you just made my day!!!

By the way, it was nice to meet you guys at the 3d fest - thanks for the demo!
                      Cheers,

/Thomas
                      Eyecadcher Media

Comment

• Damn, what a pity i wasn't on 3Dfest and grabbed a beer with you guys...
                        What was your Show? 40 Billion Self Illuminated T-Pots?

No seriously, i know 1.5 Rocks! What a bunch of cool features - long building time on the core but see what you'll get! The Cguys really thought about this Update - it will bring Vray to a new Level. Dynamic Raycaster pushes Vray into another Leaque - Smart Handling of Geometry for Masses of Polygons. Smart (ViewDependant) 3D Displacement (It'll rock together with ZBrush2!) New GI Technique Lighmapping - Lot easier to setup than a Pmap. Works with all Lights, Skylight and self-illuminating objects (&VrayLightMtl) Perfect for Secondary bounce Light in Interour Shots. (I don't think there is a faster/smarter method of doing it right now.) You can use it for Character Passes or simple Animations too. And the List goes on... VrayFramebuffer (...wanna see how you implemented Realtime HDRI Exposure Spinner and Color Mapping Technique - hope it's fast) Simple Materials, Floating License Server and many many little Touchups. A Joke that it's called 1.5. Another cool thing is that these Features are build for the future. We'll see them distributed over the Network and handled again pretty smart.
                        Really 1.5 will our change our daily Work when it's finished.

Well, there are some Things to be done for the Vlado & Peter though. New Features bring new Bugs and in such a complex Raytracer, everything has to work with everything else. A difficult Task to make everything stable and smooth right in the Beginning. I think the best Thing to do now is to give this Peace of Programming Smartness to us Users and we do everything un/imaginable crazy and cool with it! Some would call it Betatesting with Customers - i'd call it a Community Tribute. Vlado & peter do an incredibly good job together. It's a good example of a good Team. Smart, Fast and Efficient. But in bug Hunting the main Thing that matters is the brute force approach. I think we Users will find some Bugs in the next Builds. I think it's ok though, we deliver bugreports, the guys solve these Bugs fast. (...and you know how fast the Chaosgroup can be. )

All this new Stuff will bring new Customers and many more Vray Fans here in the Forum. Welcome on Board guys btw.
                        Maybe we Users can organize a bit too. Our Strenth is our Mass. We could build a website for example, where Users can submit bugs - some smart guys check if these bugs are reproducable and put them on a known Bugs List. (Maybe with a maxfile upload Option too?) All Bugs get Numbers and we can sort them via different colums. "By Number" or by "WishThisWouldBeFixed" Factor we Users can vote for. Zerofractal and others suggested a Vote Function for Wishlist thingies a long time ago. Why don't do it? We're a cool community but we could really help them to get Things sorted out faster and smarter.
                        Btw we can really shape this Product.

Unfortunately i don't know too much about website creation - i can test and find/sort Bugs though in my time. EGZ does a great Job with his Vray.info - one could locate some of the ideas on his website. What we need are more guys that are willing to help now. What do you guys think?

Congrats to vlado & peter and the whole chaoscrew. 1.5 looks really cool. Finish it properly and it will be a big Success. Wish you the Best guys!
                        Sascha Geddert
                        www.geddart.de

Comment

• I really like the idea of sorting out/smoothing the process of bug report and wishlisting...right no it's a bit unorganized and a lot of good reports and wishes tend to get lost in the deepth of the forum......The forums is great, don't get me wrong, but a voting function for wishlists and most importantly a sorting way (by voting or priority/severity) for bug reports could really streamline things for the develpers as well as help users make sense of what are the bugs and work arounds to lookout for........
                          so yeah, I'm w/ you Geddart.

paul.

Comment

• Hi

Weeeeeelll. ! Geddert knows about what he is talking about. It´ll be a grate release.

Vlado, Peter , Tedi, You are our heros, when Geddart and me tested the last version, we nearby juped into the screeen, only wow and ooohhh and aaaahs

oh, my little son wants to write also !

.ööüä++++++++üüü+üüüüüüüüüüüüüpppppppppppppppppp jjjhjjjjjjjjjjjjjjd

Well, he´s 3 Years old, but allready can draw teepots in max

until then

Tom from Hamburg

www.lichtecht.de

Comment

• Will 1.5 support render2texture?
                              www.3dpowerstore.de

Comment

• Originally posted by natty
                                DR DR DR
                                All the good news are nice to hear, but I'm with Natty on this one, I can't help but wonder what's the status of DR. Also I'd like to know if DR will ever be engineered so it can take advantage of an entire farm, not just 10-20 machines (obviously first things first, let's get ANY form of DR for a single frame working). For some of us the Huuuge single frames is a big part of out workflow and when I bought Vray is because it fitted that workflow, even if not perfectly, it seemed to be in the right direction. I hope I didn't make the wrong investment.

Comment

Working...
                                X