Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me look, thanks!
    Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
    in the vray colormapping section, you can choose to apply the colormapping to the image (dropdown choice), and that's what you likely missed.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

• Originally posted by vlado View Post
      You can do that even now:

a) Go to Start menu > Chaos Group > V-Ray RT for 3ds Max > Start V-Ray RT render server.
      b) Turn on distributed rendering for V-Ray RT; turn off the "Use local host" option and add "127.0.0.1" as the render server.

Actually I think we did give you access. If you go to nightlies.chaosgroup.com and log in with your user name and password for the download section on our web site, you should be able to see the builds. If not, let me know.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I started a new thread just for the Vray RT 3.30.01 issues ( http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...254#post671254 ). Also I never received a confirmation email for the nightlies but I went to that URL you posted entered my user and password, and it only shows me "Blender For V-Ray" no 3dsmax stuff or anything.

Comment

• I wish when disabling 'exposure' in the vraycam, it would fallback to the vray exposure control in the environment and effects rollout. I'd assume turning off exposure on the camera would allow it to use whatever is being used in the Exposure Control rollout.

I almost never use vraycam's because when relighting it's such a pain to go through all my cameras and re-adjust settings. Instead I'll use the basic max cam's and use the vray exposure control for global control over the camera's settings. Another option would be some sort of sync button in the vraycam rollout, to syn with the vray exposure control', but that's needing to add yet another button..
        Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Comment

• you can use either soulburn or zorb scripts to change all the cameras at the same time.

but thats still a few extra steps.

you can also use the new 3dsmax one. but that feels a bit strange to me.

though setting that to around 14 ev seems to get closer for a starting point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
            Wouldn't it be better to make the threshold per material then instead of per object because then objects with multiple materials are left out.
            It would give the perfect control of course, but maybe that gets to complicated for Vlado and/or the user?

With Vray 3.3 we have finally been able to forget about messing with subdivs in the materials, so adding a Color Threshold to it instead might make the casual user go "Oh no, not again! More stuff to tweak!".

If Color Threshold is in the Vray objects properties, the casual user would not see it and wont be stressed out. But I will leave that thinking to Vlado and the rest of the dev team. And maybe this post should be in the Wishlist forum instead, Vlado?

Comment

• Originally posted by WilleViz View Post
              If Color Threshold is in the Vray objects properties, the casual user would not see it and wont be stressed out. But I will leave that thinking to Vlado and the rest of the dev team. And maybe this post should be in the Wishlist forum instead, Vlado?
              Hehe, I guess it could be a wishlist item, yes.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

• Originally posted by WilleViz View Post
                It would give the perfect control of course, but maybe that gets to complicated for Vlado and/or the user?
                If you set threshold per material though it doesn't take into account camera position. Say for example you've a glossy material, if it's reflecting something really simple then it won't need many samples to resolve. If it's reflecting a load of hdr data or lights then it'd need way more samples. Likewise if you've got two objects with the same material where one is out in clear direct sunshine and the other is stuck underneath some soft shadowed areas then setting a threshold by material wouldn't be as effective.

Comment

• Originally posted by joconnell View Post
                  If you set threshold per material though it doesn't take into account camera position. Say for example you've a glossy material, if it's reflecting something really simple then it won't need many samples to resolve. If it's reflecting a load of hdr data or lights then it'd need way more samples. Likewise if you've got two objects with the same material where one is out in clear direct sunshine and the other is stuck underneath some soft shadowed areas then setting a threshold by material wouldn't be as effective.
                  Very good point. Anyway lets us continue the talk over in the Wishlist forum where I have started a thread on the subject.

Comment

• As i understand new SP has slightly different "temperature". We are usually doing renders without any color balance , so i would like to know how to match old temperature with the new one. Is there an exact value to compensate ?
                    Thanks.
                    Available for remote work.
                    My LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/olegbudeanu/

Comment

• Nothing stops you from white-balancing a 60% gray patch
                      I'll be resurrecting my old exposimeter script soon enough, anyways, but that's what it will attempt and do as well, so hey... :P
                      Lele
                      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                      ----------------------
                      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

• Dunno if this is a dumb question or not: Why no 50% gray? ^^
                        Last edited by Art48; 13-11-2015, 08:02 AM. Reason: typo
                        Software:
                        Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
                        3ds Max 2016 SP4
                        V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
                        Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40 GHz
                        NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (4096MB RAM)
                        64GB RAM

DxDiag

Comment

• Yeah nothing stops , i thought that there may be exact value to compensate so renders will look exactly the same

Comment

• Originally posted by Oleg_Budeanu View Post
                            Yeah nothing stops , i thought that there may be exact value to compensate so renders will look exactly the same
                            The color transformation is slightly non-trivial (involves multiplying the colors by a 3x3 color transformation matrix). You can always switch to the old color space using the MaxScript command
                            Code:
                            renderers.current.options_rgbColorSpace=0
                            Best regards,
                            Vlado
                            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

• Thanks, Vlado , is there a particular reason for switching to new color transformation ? Just curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art48 View Post
                                Dunno if this is a dumb question or not: Why no 50% gray? ^^
                                Purely because the ColorChecker typically sports a 60% albedo gray patch.
                                So it's an easy 1:1 match with pictures.
                                Lele
                                Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                                ----------------------
                                emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                                The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
                                X