Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A include/ exclude list for visibility with Vray Physical Cameras. Useful for when you can't get the right results with clipping.

Comment

Per light Volume intensity parameter to control how much each light affect the fog (like in Redshift for example)
      -------------------------------------------------------------
      Simply, I love to put pixels together! Sounds easy right : ))
      Sketchbook-1 /Sketchbook-2 / Behance / Facebook

Comment

Support ambient light on GPU, so we can use it with Vray dirt to Fake GI (similar to "Direct lighting" mode in Octane and Fstrom)
        Very useful for motion graphic animations where we don't need the accuracy of Brute force.

Comment

I would love to be able to do more post processing of the Render Elements actually inside of the VFB rather than saving out those REs as separate image files and taking them into Photoshop.

It'd be nice if those REs could be added to the Layer stack in the VFB and used within there.

I know that's a big update, but to be able to add RE's like MatID or ObjectID to that stack, and select objects in the image and make adjustments, like a photoshop Adjustment Layer, on the fly - that'd be awesome for me.

Jez

------------------------------------
          3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
          Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
          ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

Improve the Region Render.

1) To have different Region Render 'shapes', the ultimate tool being a 'Lasso' type Region Render, so you can make a custom Region Render shape.

2) The ability to Add to a Render Region (say by holding down CNTRL as you draw your region).

3) The ability to Region Render non-contiguous regions.

Yes, I know this can all be done via texture maps but that's not the point. The above ideas save time, especially at the beginning before you've even rendered a single image fully.
            Jez

------------------------------------
            3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
            Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
            ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

Lens bloom that continues and gradully falls off when light source is occluded or goes off-screen. Similar to how a lens flare would work with real-world optics. Currently the bloom disappears as soon as the light source is not visible to camera.

Comment

For lights it would be helpful to have an include and exclude list for specular and reflections. We have it already for shadows and illumination, wondering how easy this would be to implement.

Run into this situation a bunch of times, where the specular of the light source looks good on certain objects but are way too apparent and not that appealing on other objects. Often times I will have a complex light setup just to rectify this or mask it out in post with two different renders.

In the attached render, the specular is too strong on the floor but looks great elsewhere. This maybe realistic but I would love the freedom to control the look even more.
                Attached Files

Comment

Include and exclude lists for Vray GPU. The remaining obstacle for me making the full switch!

Great update!

Comment

Vray vfb colour picker to read out values from a background image!

Comment

Ability to rename background layers in the vfb in case we have multiple refs loaded

Comment

Being able to click on a specific area in our vfb so that the colour picker sticks there so we can make adjustments to materials or lights in max and watch the colour values update

Comment

Originally posted by joconnell View Post
                          Ability to rename background layers in the vfb in case we have multiple refs loaded
                          it is actually possible to rename layers :
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	background.JPG
Views:	461
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	1106043

Comment

Being able to click on a specific area in our vfb so that the colour picker sticks there so we can make adjustments to materials or lights in max and watch the colour values update
                            I think you are looking for the "Lock pixel info coordinates" option, by default it is "L" key, just click anywhere on the render and the info will stick to it.
                            Makes sure to set the source color to RGB instead of Raw to see the changes :
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	lock.JPG
Views:	466
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	1106046
                            Attached Files

Comment

Vray vfb colour picker to read out values from a background image!
                              If you mean the color info underneath, then set the source color to RGB and it will read it.
                              The color picker for the white balance layer already read it by default for me here ( I'm using the latest nightly build tho if that could make a diffrence)

Comment

The box under the layer properties, which defaults to the layer class, is editable, for all layers.
                                Lele
                                Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                                ----------------------
                                emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                                The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
                                X