Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh, thanks for the pointers folks, first time jumping into vray 5, back to the docs for me!

M.Max which version of vray is that? No shortcuts menu tab for me!

Comment

Originally posted by joconnell View Post
      Ugh, thanks for the pointers folks, first time jumping into vray 5, back to the docs for me!

M.Max which version of vray is that? No shortcuts menu tab for me!
      You're welcome! Yeah, it is not easy to catch up with all the new stuff that V-Ray team is adding! First-class problem I guess =D
      As for the VRay version, I'm using the nightly build from 2021-03-03 . the official U1 should already have that too IIRC.
      -------------------------------------------------------------
      Simply, I love to put pixels together! Sounds easy right : ))
      Sketchbook-1 /Sketchbook-2 / Behance / Facebook

Comment

Gotcha, I'm on vray 5 hotfix 2 at the minute. I tried swapping to rgb and it works perfectly but would definitely prefer to leave things in raw so they sync up with the nuke buffer values - rgb's better than nothing though

Comment

1. include/ exclude list for visibility with Vray Physical Cameras

2. color correction similar to corona render

3. vray scatter

Comment

I'd like to add this please to the list:

Multiple VRayToon render elements based on multiple VRayToon atmospheric effects:
            https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...heric-elements

Kind Regards,
            Morne

Comment

Would love a Vray Proxy Lister. Would be great to have a menu to universally adjust proxy settings.

Comment

Materials (via the V-Ray Materials Library Browser) ;

1 - Drag and Drop Materials from the VRay Materials Library Browser into the Slate Material Editor (currently mine crashes if IPR is running).

I thought V-Ray 5 now supports Physical Materials (the Autodesk ones) - yet, when I import a car, that's an .OBJ (and that has Physical Materials) - I see there is an Option under the V-Ray Scene Converter to convert Physical Materials, but when I do use that, those converted materials look awful...... (and are therefore unusable).

2 - PLEASE can we have that when we Add a Vray Material "to the Scene" (which, by the way should actually say "to the Material Editor" as we're not strictly adding it to the scene, other software, eg Poliigon DOES add a Sphere to the "Scene", ie what is visible in the viewports) - that that V-Ray Material RETAINS its Material NAME - it is a bit of a nightmare when doing a scene conversion, putting materials to 'the scene' and having to remember what the material was called (esp. as those names aren't particularly short).

3 - Is there ANY way we can have it such that we can Drag and Drop a material from the V-Ray Materials Library Browser ONTO an existing Scene Material that is in our Compact Material Editor (so that the ORIGINAL name of the existing material takes the attributes of the new material whilst keeping its ORIGINAL name) ? Currently when I'm trying to do a conversion of a model from Physical Material to V-Ray materials Using the Library Browser, I'm having to first add that material to the Scene (into an empty free slot) and then Copy/Paste that material onto the unusable Physical material I wish to overwrite (whilst retaining its name and therefore propagating that material correctly throughout the entire scene).

Many thanks.

Last edited by JezUK; 22-03-2021, 12:44 AM.
                Jez

------------------------------------
                3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
                Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
                ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

Faster proxies while working with them.
                  Especially selecting them. If necessary move the proxy mesh visibility thing to an extra window. So you don't have to read the whole proxy every time when it gets selected.
                  I work with big CAD files and some of them have 100k+ objects(for real). I usually export them to proxies before rendering them but working in the render scene is really a pain because I have to wait up to one minute every time I select a proxy with the modify panel open.
                  Which happens all the time, very often by accident... it makes me want to pull my last three hairs out.
                  Last edited by Ihno; 15-04-2021, 04:24 AM.
                  German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

Add gamma, hue, saturation offsets to VRayMultisubtex

A great addition to the new random spinners already added.
                    Set V-Ray class properties en masse with the VMC script
                    Follow me for script updates: @ollyspolys

Comment

Affect channels > "affect mattes" option in VRayMtl

I know you have logged the request (mentioned on this thread), but this has bugged me for years and would love to see this added soon.

Comment

Expose the controls for saving & loading VFB layer trees to maxscript

Comment

Add the ability to customise which materials are in the VRayMtl preset list.

EDIT: the base presets should probably more closely correspond to the materials in the vray material library.

Comment

Originally posted by olly View Post
                            Expose the controls for saving & loading VFB layer trees to maxscript
                            This is already there.
                            Lele
                            Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                            ----------------------
                            emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                            The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
                              This is already there.
                              Thanks for the pointer Lele!

Is this in the docs yet?
                              I did look before I posted the request, but did not see anything under https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...y+Frame+Buffer

Comment

Not documented yet, as some minor things are still being changed here and there (f.e. you should see that the methods to save all layers changed name.).
                                We will as it stabilises (so try it and feed us back! :P).
                                Lele
                                Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                                ----------------------
                                emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                                The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
                                X