X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JezUK View Post
    Materials (via the V-Ray Materials Library Browser) ;

1 - Drag and Drop Materials from the VRay Materials Library Browser into the Slate Material Editor (currently mine crashes if IPR is running).

I thought V-Ray 5 now supports Physical Materials (the Autodesk ones) - yet, when I import a car, that's an .OBJ (and that has Physical Materials) - I see there is an Option under the V-Ray Scene Converter to convert Physical Materials, but when I do use that, those converted materials look awful...... (and are therefore unusable).
    not that it helps you here unfortunately but OBJ is a pretty old generic format that was around way before physical materials. It only supports really basic settings like colour, spec colour and transparency so won't be able to carry across anything really pretty looking - you're back to the look of scanline shaders :/

Comment

3d object texture aka GeoPattern (this is NOT any form of displacement)

https://fstormrender.ru/manual/geopattern/
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpcmhBBCPpA

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_48838.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	246.5 KB
ID:	1108933

Comment

Self-illumination or emission option for VRayVolumeScatterMtl. Or volume option for VRayLightMtl. You can choose one - in the end it should do the same.
        Also renderelement support for VRayVolumeScatterMtl.

Comment

Select the light or lights in the scene from the lightmix UI in the VFB.
          Maybe a button or by right click

EDIT:
          A context menu could also offer:
          Select the light or lights
          Apply the current lightmix multiplier & tint to this light
          Turn the light off maybe, though could be counter intuitive for new users
          Set V-Ray class properties en masse with the VMC script
          Follow me for script updates: @ollyspolys

Comment

Faster VrayMtl and Render setup windows operability.

Currently every time I select a vraymtl it takes several seconds to load in the parameter editor while physical material loads almost instantaneously.
            And what is worst with every new addition to the vraymtl this is getting worse.

Render setup window is getting slower and slower with every new release aswell.
            www.gaell.com

Comment

Originally posted by gagui View Post
              Render setup window is getting slower and slower with every new release aswell.
              I have noticed this also. I assumed it is to do with a GUI license check.

If this is the case, can you make the license check was more periodic in the background, rather than every time you do something that requires a license?

Comment

Originally posted by olly View Post

I have noticed this also. I assumed it is to do with a GUI license check.

If this is the case, can you make the license check was more periodic in the background, rather than every time you do something that requires a license?
                Well, it's an issue (nothing at all to do with license checking.), not a feature: it's been discussed elsewhere.
                Please keep this thread clean as per the guidelines set out in the first post.
                Lele
                Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                ----------------------
                emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Chaos Cosmos Browser - please can we have the HDRI previews showing an actual basic house/building lit by the HDRI (rather than the spherical image of the HDRI itself) ?

Something like as seen below (VizPark).

Jez

------------------------------------
                  3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
                  Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
                  ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

Please can we have DRAG and DROP for materials from the V-Ray Material Library Browser to wherever ?

(eg Drag and Drop either into a material slot in the Material Editor, Drag and Drop onto an Object in the scene, etc etc).

Many thanks.
                    Jez

3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE

Comment

Please, please, please can the NAME of a material that's taken from the V-Ray Material Library Browser be *retained* when it is assigned either to the scene or to an object. Currently it gets replaced with an arbitrary material name.
                      Jez

Comment

Originally posted by AbeTJH View Post
                        Being able to load multiple bitmaps/vray bitmaps at once in the Vray Multisubtex node. Similar to the Multitexture plugin.

https://cg-source.com/MultiTexture
                        +100 to the above....

I'm so surprised that this isn't even implemented - I came late to the V-Ray 5 party, and this is great, but not workable - I have 85 textures (multiplied across 25 different textures) to put in, I'm not going to do all of that manually.
                        Last edited by JezUK; 04-04-2021, 08:05 PM.
                        Jez

Comment

Ability to use the Vray Wirecolor Render Element as a render mask in the VFB

Comment

A sort of preview selection when picking which objects to mask in the VFB 2.0

Comment

I would like to request the following tweaks to the official vray camera lister:

Could you add ISO to the ui, in between focal length and f-number.
                              I very rarely change the ISO, but it is good to see at a glance to spot any rogue settings.
                              Maybe add some separation between focal length and ISO, F-Number & Shutter speed.

The default selection of “multiple” is not desirable, especially as it appends to a non camera based selection.
                              Can we default to single or at least make the setting stick with an INI file?

Is it possible to show all lines rather than limiting to 7 with a scroll bar?
                              A bit more like the light lister.

The lister is very slow to launch (also the light lister)

Last edited by olly; 05-04-2021, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Vignette layer post effect for the VFB

Comment

Working...
                                X