• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right click copy, cut & paste for layers in the VFB
    Set V-Ray class properties en masse with the VMC script
    Follow me for script updates: @ollyspolys

Comment

Double clicking an area of the VFB (in Next and earlier) used to zoom the frame to 100% about the clicked point - VFB2 takes you to the centre.
      Can we get the old method back?
      It was more intuitive to me.

Comment

I am having problems integrating the filmic tonemap into our workflow, especially when dealing with region renders to accommodate last minute client "tweaks".
        Prior to vray 5, we would just save a LUT from the VFB and apply this in photoshop and the result were nigh on identical. But the filmic tonemap does not translate when included in a LUT.

A real productivity boost would be an efficient way to composite region renders over base renders in the VFB, whilst maintaining lightmix settings.
        Ideally the resulting comp could still be denoised in the VFB so you can blend between the noisy & denoised version and also apply lens effects to the comp.
        Last edited by olly; 08-04-2021, 07:29 AM.

Comment

I'd love to have map support for the random features of the multi subtex. Things like driving hue / sat / gamma by a 2d map or driving sub map assignment by the luma of an underlying map. I find with a lot of random code (my own included) that you tend to get a very even distribution of the randoms so that it just becomes a bit noisy? It'd be great to have the option of some clumping or more organic patterns driven by maps!

Comment

Have Vray lights use multisubtex so we can have a bit of random variation in the same instanced light, or let them use vray user colour and vray user scalar!

Comment

Have the Z-Depth Render Element as a Layer in the VFB.

From there to be able to manipulate the Depth of Field Effect directly, during IPR even including; how much 'blur' or out of focus, the amount of the effect %, and.....the ability to control the depth to/from distance amounts, all within the VFB

Would save you trialling these amounts in-camera and in-render element etc.
              Jez

------------------------------------
              3DS Max 2023.3.4 | V-Ray 6.10.08 | Phoenix FD 4.40.00 | PD Player 64 1.0.7.32 | Forest Pack Pro 8.2.2 | RailClone 6.1.3
              Windows 11 Pro 22H2 | NVidia Drivers 535.98 (Game Drivers)

Asus X299 Sage (Bios 4001), i9-7980xe, 128Gb, 1TB m.2 OS, 2 x NVidia RTX 3090 FE
              ---- Updated 06/09/23 -------

Comment

Originally posted by JezUK View Post
                Have the Z-Depth Render Element as a Layer in the VFB.

From there to be able to manipulate the Depth of Field Effect directly, during IPR even including; how much 'blur' or out of focus, the amount of the effect %, and.....the ability to control the depth to/from distance amounts, all within the VFB

Would save you trialling these amounts in-camera and in-render element etc.
                Z-Depth isn't how DoF is done in raytracing, though.
                2.5D techniques are riled with artefacts, and exceedingly hard to set up and control in something like the VFB, not to mention there would be no match between our approach, and that of any other post-effect on the market, even if we spent the energies to duplicate one such filter.

You're infinitely better off doing this in camera, with an override material and a small test resolution, via IPR and interactive focus picking.
                Last edited by ^Lele^; 11-04-2021, 04:07 AM.
                Lele
                Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                ----------------------
                emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

do we have noise level indicator in % ?

Comment

Originally posted by alex.nozadze View Post
                    do we have noise level indicator in % ?
                    % of what, exactly?
                    There is a noise level RE which will give you a float value for noise level (Variance.).
                    Lele
                    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                    ----------------------
                    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

It would be cool to have the VRay object properties also available as layer properties.

Comment

When USD drops for 3dsmax (its on the official roadmap, join 3dsmax Beta for more info), then it would be cool if we can carry intact shader trees with VRay components like maps and materials between the VRay supporting DCCs via USD. As far as SDK and API allowing it. For example 3dsmax and Houdini. When having shader trees with VRayColor, VRayEdgeTex, VRayNormalMap, VRayMtl, VRayBumpMtl, VRayLightMtl, VRayBlendMtl, etc. etc.

Comment

When using a matte for catching both, shadows and reflections, a second RE would be cool which allows to select/mask the reflections and the shaows from the matte separately to tweak in the post.

Comment

There are situations when render elements are not saved in a VRIMG because they have the same name as another render element in the scene.
                            This mainly affects Multimattes and LightSelects.

For example, when working with LightMix set to group by instances:
                            Create a new VrayLight and it leave its default name as "VRayLight001".
                            Later someone merges an asset that includes another VrayLight with the same name and does not rename.
                            Only one of the resulting LightSelect elements will be present in the VRIMG.

It would be helpful if these name conflicts could be handled behind the scenes so elements are not lost, potentially wasting a render.
                            Maybe appending a unique number or similar to highlight the situation so we can fix our scenes ready for the next render.

I know this falls under scene management and is sort of user error, but hey we are only human...

Comment

A Realtime histogram panel for the VFB. Also like the camera raw filter in photoshop.

Comment

Still would like BerconTile to fully work with GPU rendering. There isnt any other product on the market that works as simple and easily as bercontile, if only it worked properly on GPU
                                Kind Regards,
                                Morne

Comment

Working...
                                X