X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VRaySwitchTEX
    to be able to switch Textures
    same idea like VRaySwitchMTL but for textures please.

also to increase the number of materials in the VRaySwitchMTL to allow more than 10

Comment

Maybe can merge Exposure, Hue/Saturation in VFB, just like Color Correction in Material Editor, so that we don’t have to create 2 layers every time.
      Software: 3DsMax 2021.3 / 2024.2 | VRay 6 GPU + Chaos Vantage
      Hardware: i9-13900k | RTX 4090
      e-mail: imhill820@gmail.com

Comment

Some great contributions from everyone. Here are three that would help with my workflow.

1. Can we have control over vraydisplacement outside camera region maybe with a falloff control. It seems right now the entire mesh is displaced which can take a lot of time and memory when sometimes you only want what is in the camera view to be displaced.

2. A stand-alone VFB that can handle animations and output sequences. This gives us control over masking and a every other VFB post effect when using VRIMGs. This would be a powerful tool.

3. More control over CA in the lens effects section. It seems it can either be on or off and lacks control over much smaller amounts.
        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Please, one feature per post.
          If we have fourteen suggestions in a single post, and 8 likes, what are we to assume needs priority?
          Last edited by ^Lele^; 29-03-2024, 12:06 AM.
          Lele
          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
          ----------------------
          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
            Please, one feature per post.
            If we have fourteen suggestions in a single post, and 8 likes, what are we to assume needs priority?
            I'll simply divide the 8 likes by 14
            If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
            Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by matanov View Post

I'll simply divide the 8 likes by 14
              Ahah, sneaky! With integers? ^^
              Jokes aside, if we do not get votes *per feature* we are not going to be able to prioritise development based on *your* choices; rather once again *we* are the ones to have to choose priorities.
              Last edited by ^Lele^; 29-03-2024, 01:34 AM.
              Lele
              Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
              ----------------------
              emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
              The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Normal Map Auto color space in MultisubTex - Hermit have shared an Script to change the color space to the vraybitmaps ont Multisub but this could be great to have it in the Normal Map or transfer automatically while conecting a normal map
                Carlos Rodriguez
                RTstudio
                Tutorials

Comment

Convert CoronaDisplacementMod - Vray Converter has been improved quite well in recent versions but it needs to convert this as well, I havent found any "free" script that does this, only V-RayMax Converter PRO does it
                  Last edited by ChuckRT; 29-03-2024, 10:44 AM.
                  Carlos Rodriguez
                  RTstudio
                  Tutorials

Comment

Curved Decals on multiple Axys - this could be very useful for curved planar roads
                    Last edited by ChuckRT; 29-03-2024, 11:08 AM.
                    Carlos Rodriguez
                    RTstudio
                    Tutorials

Comment

Show LightCache in Composite - Like in Lightmix this could be very helpfull, right now I use all maps just to see how lightmix its working rather to just have backtobeauty
                      Carlos Rodriguez
                      RTstudio
                      Tutorials

Comment

Select Objects with problematic materials in VFB Log - using 3ds max "Search by name ..." tool its annoying, I use some scripts for this, if the Log warns you which material its problematic, could be very nice to have the option to select the objects too.
                        Carlos Rodriguez
                        RTstudio
                        Tutorials

Comment

Porcentage/Probability in MultisubTex - This is very practical to have in some cases where you need a porcentage of some maps, right now the only "solution" is to have a subsecuential quantity for each map added
                          Carlos Rodriguez
                          RTstudio
                          Tutorials

Comment

LightMaterial visibility Options - Could be nice to have them for a material like in vraylight
                            Carlos Rodriguez
                            RTstudio
                            Tutorials

Comment

Exclude objects from VrayPhysicalCamera - I use States Sets or Scene Sets for this, but this could be very practical to have inside the Camera
                              Carlos Rodriguez
                              RTstudio
                              Tutorials

Comment

VRay GPU supports more features like CPU. Rendering results (especially bumps) closer to the CPU
                                Last edited by hill_lam; 02-04-2024, 07:09 AM.
                                Software: 3DsMax 2021.3 / 2024.2 | VRay 6 GPU + Chaos Vantage
                                Hardware: i9-13900k | RTX 4090
                                e-mail: imhill820@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X