This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
    So when I'm not logged in on the ideas portal, I can't see the ideas I posted, not sure if that's normal behaviour.
    Hi. The idea first takes a "New" status. This status means that the idea is newly submitted and is visible to the person who posted it only. After a check from our side, the idea is published and visible to everyone. It could be that. If the idea has a different status than "New", and you are not able to see it, then the problem is different.

Comment

Originally posted by dimitar_panayotov View Post

Hi. The idea first takes a "New" status. This status means that the idea is newly submitted and is visible to the person who posted it only. After a check from our side, the idea is published and visible to everyone. It could be that. If the idea has a different status than "New", and you are not able to see it, then the problem is different.
      Ah ok, it's on the new status so that will be it.
      A.

---------------------
      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Please add an option on V-Ray history to select the folder where the vrimg files are stored.

We usually use a very clean and minimalistic folder structure for each project. However, there's a "vfb_history" folder that is automatically added once we start using the V-Ray image history. We would love to be able to change the history path so all vrims files are stored in our "Renders" folder or any other custom folder.

Comment

Originally posted by santiago_gutirrezdepierespedraza View Post
          Please add an option on V-Ray history to select the folder where the vrimg files are stored.

We usually use a very clean and minimalistic folder structure for each project. However, there's a "vfb_history" folder that is automatically added once we start using the V-Ray image history. We would love to be able to change the history path so all vrims files are stored in our "Renders" folder or any other custom folder.
          Hi, there is such an option. Please check the image and let me know if this is what you are looking for or if you meant something else.
          Thanks,
          Dimitar
          Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-09-12_16h14_34.png
Views:	133
Size:	233.7 KB
ID:	1215772

Comment

Hi, there is such an option. Please check the image and let me know if this is what you are looking for or if you meant something else.
            Thanks,
            Dimitar
            I guess what OP meant is when using 'Use Project Path' you can't choose which folder it is saved to and it automatically generates a folder named vfb_history instead of one of your own choice.
            A.

---------------------
            www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

maybe a ForestPack to ChaosScatter converter (basic) ?

Comment

export vrscene -> please add the possibility to enter single frames, e.g. 1,2,5-8
                Thank you

Name:	Dialog 3 Frames.png
Views:	108
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	1215917

Comment

export vrscene and submit to backburner as a vray.exe cmd job
                  so that you can render a queue of vrscenes at night.

Gladly with options like:
                  - initially suspended yes/no,
                  - chose a existing dependence job
                  - use all nodes or chose a specific render node
                  Thank you

Name:	Dialog 4 BB.png
Views:	112
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	1215929

Comment

dimitar_panayotov ​maybe it's better to close these wish threads and refer to the ideas portal in the last post.
                    A.

---------------------
                    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Thanks,
                      Dimitar
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	2024-09-12_16h14_34.png Views:	80 Size:	233.7 KB ID:	1215772

Thanks for your reply. I think my original request wasn't clear enough. As Vizioen​ mentioned, we still need the "Use project path" option to be checked, but we also want the ability to specify a subfolder. This will prevent V-Ray from creating the "vfb_history" folder and instead save all images in a subfolder we've already designated for all renders. In our case this subfolder is always located in "Project folder\Output\Images" for each project.​

Comment

Hi! The purpose of the History folder is not to be used as an output folder or as a folder to store your images for a long period. Keep in mind that there is a limit for storing the images in this folder. When the history exceeds the specified amount, the oldest images are deleted. So why would you risk losing some images instead of using the regular output method?

Comment

Hi! The purpose of the History folder is not to be used as an output folder or as a folder to store your images for a long period. Keep in mind that there is a limit for storing the images in this folder. When the history exceeds the specified amount, the oldest images are deleted. So why would you risk losing some images instead of using the regular output method?

Hi! While we understand the storage limitation of the History folder, the inability to designate a specific subfolder within the project folder remains a significant issue for our studio. A customizable path option would allow us to maintain our organized folder structure, which is crucial for efficient workflow and project management. Is there any chance this flexibility can be added?"
                          Last edited by santiago_gutirrezdepierespedraza; Yesterday, 08:53 AM.

Comment

I wonder if you could just use a post render script to save the output to a specific location after each render.

Comment

Working...
                            X