Important V-Ray 1.5 announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marzz!

I do think, the cost/quality rate is the best in the market among the other render apps, and VRay is worth the time to waiting, even you can use an unfinished version yet.

Best regards!

P

Comment

• I can understand Marzz reaction.

Im not a FAN, im using what fit´s best.
      And because somebody does a good job on some things i don´t forget the bad things.

Lets look at the facts.

1) No printed manual, no shiny Box.
      Maybe not important for most here but it was promised!
      Even the Helpfile is still not finished.

2) No 1.1 release at all.
      More and more new features over the month (good for some) but no really full working V-Ray. Bugfixes and really good working functions have less priority then new fancy functions.
      Don´t say it´s wrong, there are so many unfixed issues with Vray.

3) If you bought the Advanced Version because of DR you must feel cheated as Max 6 user.
      Imagine you bought a 4 seat car but you can only use one seat because the other three are still in production.

4) Still no usefull licensing system for huge Studios.

Im also angry that we cannot use Vray because the DR is not working.
      We have to use fR instead and i don´t like fR.

Comment

• thanks for the reply egz

I'll wait

..............................biting my nails
        Workstation: Asus p9x79WS I7 3930K Noctua NH-D14@4200GHz SE2011 16GB RAM Kingston Hyperx Beast SSD 500Gb Samsung x2 SATA3 WD raid edition4 64MB GTX760 2GB DDR5 CoolerMaster 690III

https://www.facebook.com/essetreddi..../photos_albums

Comment

• In response to some of the somewhat negative posts here, all I can say is I am very pleased with the product. As I am not a big fan of FR, all I can compare it to is MR and Brazil. MR is too slow (although packed with awsome features)...might be mroe competitive with r3.3...and while Brazil seems much more stable, it seems to be lacking some features, comparably, that save me a lot of time..really fast hight poly displacement specifically...again, might be more competative in its next release. But by then VRay will no doubt also be in its next release, so....

Get me the update whenever it is ready. I will be waiting and making due with what I have, which is better then most, in the mean time.

Also, I wouldn't buy a "4 seat" car that only had one seat if I really needed a 4 seater. Chaos made no secret that the built in DR didn't work right in r6. If you bought VRay in r5 for DR and upgraded to r6 and lost it...you should still have r5....or perhaps you go with a script??...

Cut these guys some slack. They are moving faster them most. Maybe you should simply limit your time on the forum as to not get your hopes up beyond what your patiants can handle.

sorry for the rant..I suppose even in a defense, I am no better then the ones venting the other side...

Comment

• Originally posted by charleyc

Also, I wouldn't buy a "4 seat" car that only had one seat if I really needed a 4 seater. Chaos made no secret that the built in DR didn't work right in r6. If you bought VRay in r5 for DR and upgraded to r6 and lost it...you should still have r5....or perhaps you go with a script??...
            maybe the thoughts of a devote customer but from our point of view this is a bad sign for future updates and looks not good from a service point.

sure we can use max 5, great advice.

but the fact remains that you think about where to place your money next time.
            maybe when max 7 comes out you have to wait 5 month for a working vray version because the standalone version has priority?

fR stage-1 had no big problems to get DR working with max 6.

my point is, instead of coding new features they should try their best to protect the investment of their customers.

whatever someone tells you, coding new features will cost time they could spend on bugfixes and working DR (for example).

for me (and of course i can only speak for myself) DR is more important then, lets say, vray hair.

Comment

• for me (and of course i can only speak for myself) DR is more important then, lets say, vray hair
              well, i agree

i planned to get my private vray copy with 1.1, now quite some time has passed...if there's still no DR in 1.5 i will look for other options. and yes, there are some other options.
              Marc Lorenz
              ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
              www.marclorenz.com
              www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

• I agree Peter. We can probably expect MAX 7 sometimes before the end of the year and we don't even have a bug free fully working MAX 6 version yet. It's been 8 months since the release of max 6 and after the release of vray 1.5 they have already said that the max version will take a back seat to the other versions they have been working on.

I'm very concerned about the future of vray for MAX. I am not a fan boy as some are, I only want a product that works as advertised before the next release of the base product comes out.

I realize thats not a popular attitude here. But hey, if you tell me one thing and do another, several times, what do you expect!

Tony

Comment

• I hope that Version 1.5 is a milestone.

Rock solid, fully functional.
                  When it comes with a good manual, printed or not, i will be happy.

But i don´t like to play the "guess what this button does" game again.

This Forum is great but i want a manual that covers at least the very basics of each function.
                  Many Vray user seem to have much time to play around with all settings, they are a great help if you ask here. But i like to have information at hand when i need them.

Don´t sell a product and let people guess how to use it!

Comment

• Hi Janus Rölder

Beleave it. No need to flame vlado and peter. The new 1.5 will be a milestone.

Brazil, finalrender and mentalray will have to be affraid. like egz told.

a few of us are testing it allready, fixing the last bugs.

and it is a milestone.

just let them do the last fixes. it´s worth it.

Tom

Comment

• Flaming?

I wrote that i want a manual to know how to use Vray.

I don´t want to have the new Lightmap Engine available but no clue how to use it.

Comment

• I hope for, but i don´t expect a updated manual.

Comment

• There is an updated manual, it is quite complete, every spinner and button is listed and there are tutorials and images for most of them
                          Eric Boer
                          Dev

Comment

• hmm

with this i am not so sure. But in the registered user area you find most of the new stuff very good explaining the several features, not complete yet. but i think this will be given to all, with the new version.

And i still think that the manual only is one thing. you also can learn as much here in the forum

Tom

Comment

• thats good to hear.

vray Hair, lightmaps, new materials and all the new stuff is explained?

Comment

• The latest lightmaps, new materials and all the new stuff are not in there, but what else is missing Tom?
                                Eric Boer
                                Dev

Comment

Working...
                                X