No announcement yet.

Important V-Ray 1.5 announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hmmm... I thought that 1.5 version was going to have the new shaders. Are you saying thats incorrect?

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

• Ok

so if Peter say´s, lets go, so let´s go

We tested some very big Ship interior Scene here with one of the internal builds, with more the 7000 000 polys, and the only way to render those 6000 frames in a acceptable time was to use this incredible lightmap thing.

only problem, we are not allowed to show

ok but a few test immages, to assure, it realy exissts, for those who don´t beleave

this is only a very smal interior testscene, with lightmap in secoundary pass, and i-map with standart (50samples, -3, 0 ) for the first bounce.
      the floor has glossys, and the teepots use glossy and also fake highlights.
      i also used the new selfilu mat that comes with the new internal.

rendertimes in are comparable to photonmapping and imap in interiors (so someting about 2 to 3 times faster as only i-map with qasimontecarlo in secoundary bounces).

but speed in rendertimes is the one thing. The real biggest advantage is that your workflow gets increadible faster. you just turnof reflections, and use lightmap for first and secoundary bounces, and here you go. in this scene as well as in our big ship you get rendertimes less than 1 minute if you just want to fix lightning. also, you have only to setup very few buttons instead of setting up several lights with photonmapping, and also it works with everything, selfilu, skylight, which comes in this testscene in the backround from the sceiling, (light blue), and with each and every light you use.

Thats not all. you will see those two immages, with one time backround blown away from the light.
      until now you would have needed to rerender that.
      now you only take your interactive exposurecontrol (hdri like) and fix this with one click.

oh i love you Peter and Vlado (dont let my wife know ).

And also you get each and every renderpass you need.

the sampledistribution

several channels

the rendering without exposure

the rendering changed interactiv in the vray visual frame buffer with interactiv exposure control

oh one thing. as you may notice, the changed exposure shows, a worse antialising in areas that first where very bright.
      this you may change with another antialising algorithm, maybe fixed rate,
      for in the first rendering, i used simple two level, that didnt see anny need to make samples in those bright areas

Comment

• nice!

can´t see the channell image!

regards
        S.wolf

Comment

• Sory i can´t see it too. don´t know why, i also dont get acess on my website, while i loaded it up

maybe later more examples

Comment

• thanks for sharing tom
            http://www.eldaco.net

Comment

• Originally posted by percydaman
              hmmm... I thought that 1.5 version was going to have the new shaders. Are you saying thats incorrect?
              yeah, I was hoping for the same thing.....are there in 1.5??

paul.

Comment

• We have not included any additional materials with the internal build yet, except for the VRayLight material. We still intend to add several simpler materials for the final 1.5.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

• The VRay material does have more options though. Separated IORs, The highlights (speculars) and a fast opacity map makes it a lot better.
                  Torgeir Holm | www.netronfilm.com

Comment

• Yes

The new material allready in its "simple" way is much stronger then in the old 1.09.

fake highlights, and also the opacity channel as well as egz told, the seperatet ior´s allow you to do nearly everything you want.

together with the other fantastic vray features, this is a major release, and materials in my opinion can stay another step in devellopement.

only thing i would love to see could be a faster sss. But Well i also would love to see vray, to cook my cofee`

one step after the other.

Comment

• Tom any news about bakering?

Comment

• I like the sound of the new Vray material options. Can anyone say it if will finally get a self illumination setting in the 1.5 release?

And is the new self illumination material much different from egzVRayLight material?

Comment

• Hi vjapi

sory didnt look at this allready. But until now i don´t think it´s included in the internal.

we will see

tom

www.lichtecht.de
                          www.tom-schuelke.com

Comment

• Hmm

like vlado told, there untill now is only the new lightmaterial.
                            Very simple but renders absolutely clean with the new release.
                            you also can use standartmat with wrapper untill now.

the egz material at the moment doesnt work anymore with the new release.

but i am sure his contacts to vlado and peter will show results

tom

Comment

• i had spoken to egz already and he already knows he needs to re-write his materials. his light material is going to be useless from now on. however he will do his car paint, his wax and his glass

---------------------------------------------------
                              MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                              stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

• for those of you that are using the internal build, who is going to post the first image?

Comment

Working...
                                X