No announcement yet.

Announcing the V-Ray.exe project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well in my first post here a couple of months ago i asked for a vray porting for maya

the least i could do now is a quick test

i think it doesnt make any sense talking about glitches at this point,
    so keep it up

Comment

Sure, i did combined my meshes to export them all to vray.exe

Well...concerning RIB.....any file format actually is the way to fill renderer's internals data structures. For example, VRay.EXE got internal structures named, for example, "type A". And RIB is "type B". What impedes(?) us to convert "B" to "A" on the fly? This way MI and other formats can be supported. Modular structure is the key
      The only real problem is programmable shading, but i think this can be overpassed.

What we got, if Vray will support RIB? Instant connection to Maya thru RAT and Mayaman. Connection to 3dsmax with MaxMan. Programmable shading.

Comment

I haven't used maxman for a few years but I hope thet using v-ray will be much smoother, no save this, edit that, change the paths in this one write a shader for that... I am a firm believer that GUI's have caught on for a reason
        Eric Boer
        Dev

Comment

"save this, edit that, change the paths in this one write a shader for that"

Heh....actually all these things is flexibility. It should be hidden from ordinary users, but power users/technicians should have access to all these internals.

Comment

I saw a thread over on CGTalk announcing the Vray.exe project. There's been a lot of interest in a Cinema 4D connection/bridge. Here's a link to the thread: http://cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=157209

Hopefully Chaos Group will recognize this interest and build bridges to more apps than just Max and Maya. I mean, Maya already has bridges to about every renderer out there and it would be great if a terrific product like Vray could be available to all levels of 3d user, from high to low.

Regards,
            Gendou

Comment

Maya - first. We have waited quite long.

Comment

max first!

Comment

Hopefully Chaos Group will recognize this interest and build bridges to more apps than just Max and Maya.
                  There needs to be something to bridge into first guys.. Give it some time to mature! (Or at least, begin!).
                  Dave Buchhofer. // Vsaiwrk

Comment

Great move, Chaos group! You should always open new projects when have no time to complete your previous promises. Vray 1.5, aura, hairfx, vray.exe - who's next?

Comment

I take it you have not read the previous page !!
                      Natty
                      http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

man, i think this is going to get ugly. I hope not, but i think it will. This may get longer than the 1.5 announement post, and unfortunatly it will be mostly comprised of hateful crits, instead of constructive.

travis

Comment

Correct me if im wrong, but hasent it been said that Vray 1.5 is almost the stand alone version anyhow? So this .exe is some of the core featuers from the 1.5 project. So this is .exe project is basicly just a custom mesh reader and some of the features from 1.5 in a little package.

I can understand the delay of 1.5, it happens, although it is pretty late you will be getting much more then perviously stated.

Im just glad that in the near future i wont have to use Max again for personal work.

Comment

as far as I have gathered it is the other way around, new methods originate in the standalone and then are packaged into the max plug-in, this is only speculation on my part though from just a few hints. :P
                            Eric Boer
                            Dev

Comment

Originally posted by travistlo
                              man, i think this is going to get ugly. I hope not, but i think it will. This may get longer than the 1.5 announement post, and unfortunatly it will be mostly comprised of hateful crits, instead of constructive.
                              travis
                              hateful?

i think most here only tell about their fears.
                              i really don´t know how tings will get better when development get even more complicated.

i hope they have hired more coder.

Comment

Depending on the sdk (if there will be one), it won't necesserily have to be our bulgarian friends that program the bridges to our favourite apps. So the whole "me first" thing might be futile
                                Signing out,
                                Christian

Comment

Working...
                                X