Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the suggestion.

Here are some other problems:

1. It seems that I can't make region renders while IPR is running UNLESS I start the IPR rendering with a region in the first place. Is this being looked at? Sorry if it was already mentioned.

2. IPR refreshes when selecting a Color Correction map. This doesn't happen with the Output map. I've not tested all of the maps so you might want to check them and see if others behave the same way. Is it possible to leave it rendering when selecting maps such as Color Correction and refresh only upon change in the map parameters?

3. The first IPR render that is started is always overexposed. You need to stop the IPR and start it again and then the exposure is correct.

Originally posted by danio View Post
    Hi Vlado - Thanks for the response. Is this ever going to change? It would be nice to use DR for IPR. It seems like to me (maybe my imagination?) that Activeshade is a lot slower...I suspect I'm missing a level of understanding about the differences between the two.

Thanks,
    Daniel
    I'm finding that IPR is a lot faster than RT CPU too (tested on an i7 4930k). Maybe about 2 x faster according to my quick tests. So is there a reason to use RT CPU if you use just your local machine? Shame that IPR doesn't support DR... yet.

PS: I just got my first 3.5 beta crash. I started the IPR and it didn't update the rendering, although my CPU was at working at 100%. I tried hitting the STOP button but it wouldn't work. Then 10-15 sec. later max crashed without a save dialog. The scene was really simple - a very simple room with a wardrobe against the wall, a carpet with Vray Fur and 2 Vray lights. By the way, is this the thread to report any issues with the beta or I should post in the Problems forum?
    Last edited by Alex_M; 07-12-2016, 08:52 PM.
    Aleksandar Mitov
    www.renarvisuals.com
    office@renarvisuals.com

3ds Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1
    AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core
    64GB DDR5
    GeForce RTX 3090 24GB + GPU Driver 551.86

Comment

Hello,

A note about:

Originally posted by Alex_M View Post
      Thanks for the suggestion.
      2. IPR refreshes when selecting a Color Correction map. This doesn't happen with the Output map. I've not tested all of the maps so you might want to check them and see if others behave the same way. Is it possible to leave it rendering when selecting maps such as Color Correction and refresh only upon change in the map parameters?
      This actually is a bug with the color correction map - when selected it sends change notifications. You get the same behavior with the ART render too
      We reported the issue to Autodesk.

Best regards,
      Yavor
      Yavor Rubenov
      V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

1. It seems that I can't make region renders while IPR is running UNLESS I start the IPR rendering with a region in the first place. Is this being looked at? Sorry if it was already mentioned.
        Yes, will fix it.

See Yavor's comment above. It's a bug in 3ds max.

3. The first IPR render that is started is always overexposed. You need to stop the IPR and start it again and then the exposure is correct.
        Can you get me a scene for this to vlado@chaosgroup.com so that I can fix it?

So is there a reason to use RT CPU if you use just your local machine?
        Not so much, which is why we are trying to position V-Ray RT more as a GPU renderer.

PS: I just got my first 3.5 beta crash. I started the IPR and it didn't update the rendering, although my CPU was at working at 100%. I tried hitting the STOP button but it wouldn't work. Then 10-15 sec. later max crashed without a save dialog. The scene was really simple - a very simple room with a wardrobe against the wall, a carpet with Vray Fur and 2 Vray lights.
        Can you send me either the crash dump or the scene to vlado@chaosgroup.com so that I can fix it?

By the way, is this the thread to report any issues with the beta or I should post in the Problems forum?
        Anywhere is fine, but we are more likely to see the post if it's in a new thread.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Vlado. Scene sent. This is also the scene where the IPR renders look overexposed through the camera view. I found the real culprit. It wasn't that the first renders come out like that. The problem occurs when the IPR is started through a non-camera view. Then if you move to a camera view the render remains overexposed. To avoid this one should start the IPR through the camera first. This issue however shows another problem with IPR too. Sorry if it was already mentioned. It seems that the IPR respect only the exposure of the first view you started the IPR in. So if you start it in a camera view with certain exposure setting and then while IPR is running you switch to a camera with another exposure settings they do not have effect. Does that make sense? Let me know if I should explain better or make a video.
          Aleksandar Mitov
          www.renarvisuals.com
          office@renarvisuals.com

AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core
          64GB DDR5

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Vlado. Scene sent. This is also the scene where the IPR renders look overexposed through the camera view. I found the real culprit. It wasn't that the first renders come out like that. The problem occurs when the IPR is started through a non-camera view. Then if you move to a camera view the render remains overexposed. To avoid this one should start the IPR through the camera first. This issue however shows another problem with IPR too. Sorry if it was already mentioned. It seems that the IPR respect only the exposure of the first view you started the IPR in. So if you start it in a camera view with certain exposure setting and then while IPR is running you switch to a camera with another exposure settings they do not have effect. Does that make sense? Let me know if I should explain better or make a video.
            Thanks for the clarification - yes, I know about this issue, will be fixed.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Just a question - is it possible to make IPR update only when changing parameters of lights that are turned on? I was working with some lights when I found out they aren't on but the IPR refreshed the VFB every time I adjusted their properties.
              Aleksandar Mitov
              www.renarvisuals.com
              office@renarvisuals.com

AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core
              64GB DDR5

Comment

Just a question - is it possible to make IPR update only when changing parameters of lights that are turned on? I was working with some lights when I found out they aren't on but the IPR refreshed the VFB every time I adjusted their properties.
                Yes, will make a note about it.

Best regards,
                Vlado

Comment

I'm finding that IPR is a lot faster than RT CPU too (tested on an i7 4930k). Maybe about 2 x faster according to my quick tests. So is there a reason to use RT CPU if you use just your local machine? Shame that IPR doesn't support DR... yet.
                  Hi Vlado - Any plans to make IPR available for DR? Would it just take a demo install of Max?

Comment

Originally posted by danio View Post
                    Hi Vlado - Any plans to make IPR available for DR?
                    It is somewhat complicated to keep the scene in sync on all DR servers as the user makes changes to it. We might investigate this in the future.

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

• Originally posted by vlado View Post
                      It is somewhat complicated to keep the scene in sync on all DR servers as the user makes changes to it. We might investigate this in the future.

Best regards,
                      Vlado
                      Ok, thanks for the info Vlado. It sure would be cool to see, most of my horsepower is in my farm.

Daniel

Comment

• Any way to get the denoiser to work when using Render to Texture?
                        Brendan Coyle | www.brendancoyle.com

Comment

• Originally posted by cheerioboy View Post
                          Any way to get the denoiser to work when using Render to Texture?
                          You can denoise the render to texture output files using the standalone Denoiser tool. There is a thread on the same topic here:
                          http://forums.chaosgroup.com/showthr...render+texture
                          Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
                          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

• Something interesting from Corona posted a few minutes ago. I don't know what's the purpose when you can do the same with regions but maybe it has its applications:

Aleksandar Mitov
                            www.renarvisuals.com
                            office@renarvisuals.com

AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core
                            64GB DDR5

Comment

• I think it's a comfort thing. It may be good for a low or medium priority implementation in VRay in my opinion.
                              Software:
                              Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
                              3ds Max 2016 SP4
                              V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
                              Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40 GHz
                              NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (4096MB RAM)
                              64GB RAM

DxDiag

Comment

• Yep... a comfort thing. People complained they can not zoom in VFB while IPR. Now they can, and with added benefit of Corona rendering only that zoomed region. I think it will be another one of those "really easy to get used to, really hard to let go of" things

But for V-Ray, there are a lot more important things on the table I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X