vray 3.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new stuff is sooo cool

My problem at the moment is that when I right-click the render window, sometimes the pixel info window pops up (restricting my ability to access these cool new options) and sometimes it doesn't!

Is there something simple I'm missing to choose the behavior of this pixel info window?

Cheers!
    James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
    Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

Hello,

hope these questions are not to dumb

1.) Is it possible to install the beta beside the 3.4 so that I will still be able to produce in 3.4 and use 3.5 for testing?

2.) Adaptive lighting seems really awesome as I see in Mohammadreza's comparison above. Why shouldn't I keep them always on? When is 'Full lighting' better than adaptive? This is still a pretty new topic for me...

Thank you in advance,
      Joe

Comment

Originally posted by Moriah View Post
        GPU updates are also very impressive, rendering Grant's new shader scene it matches 98% cpu vs gpu!
        Only thing i noticed is that it doesn't support the new glossy fresnel yet, are you guys planning in implementing it on beta 2?
        Very glad to hear that. Since the GPU and the CPU are different engines, such minor differences are rather normal.
        The glossy fresnel is definetly coming to the GPU, but it would most likely not make it to 3.5.

Best,
        Blago.

p.s. The focus picking will works for GPU if you have physical camera, I believe.
        V-Ray fan.
        Looking busy around GPUs ...
        RTX ON

Comment

Hello,

Also how does one enable the set focus distance in RT? I have a vraycam, i right click on the vfb window » click set focus distance » click on some part of the image and nothing changes. I tried enabling "specify focus" on the cam but still the same result.
          Do you have DoF enabled in the camera or in the production render settings? Other than that - CUDA or CPU ?

My problem at the moment is that when I right-click the render window, sometimes the pixel info window pops up (restricting my ability to access these cool new options) and sometimes it doesn't!
          The special right click menu should be active only while Active Shade is running. If it is not - then you see the pixel info window.
          Does the pixel info window pop for you while Active Shade is running ?

Best regards,
          Yavor
          Yavor Rubenov
          V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Originally posted by yavor.rubenov View Post
            Do you have DoF enabled in the camera or in the production render settings? Other than that - CUDA or CPU ?
            CUDA, DoF enabled in camera. Vraycam doesn't work, but physical cam works fine! Maybe it's a small bug, but when having "targeted" enabled in physical camera and when picking focus distance in VFB, sometimes it puts target distance to 9999999 and it points to the Z axis, undo'ing and picking again the focus distance in the same spot works correctly. If i disable "targeted" i have no issues whatsoever.

Comment

CUDA, DoF enabled in camera. Vraycam doesn't work, but physical cam works fine! Maybe it's a small bug, but when having "targeted" enabled in physical camera and when picking focus distance in VFB, sometimes it puts target distance to 9999999 and it points to the Z axis, undo'ing and picking again the focus distance in the same spot works correctly. If i disable "targeted" i have no issues whatsoever.
              Do you have Dome light in the scene ?
              If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
              Chaos

Comment

Yes i do, and it's visible in the render. So he's picking the dome somehow even though i click in the object?

Comment

It shouldn't pick it when you click on a object. Can you send me the scene ? peter.matanov@chaosgroup.com
                  If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
                  Chaos

Comment

It's grant's default shader scene, only switched to physical cam instead of vraycam. Managed to reproduce it. Basically it's when you click on the background to focus, once you do so and try to focus back on something else it bugs out.

Gif of bug - http://imgur.com/BPNC2GD
                    Last edited by Moriah; 23-11-2016, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Is there a bug report area ?
                      just discovered one: with IPR active (is IPR active shade or something else or is mostly marketing hype infected from corona ?) and a light meter object in the scene you can't make a reading. If you try it says - "No VR renderer found" if you stop the IPR or whatever it give the same error then crashes max .
                      Raj
                      ALso are there any maxscript changes so far?

Comment

Originally posted by JezUK View Post
                        ..."Object picking in VFB"

which in RT is a fantastic step (thank you ).

Would that be possible to do for the VFB when using the Production Render ? (without resorting to some sort of mystic voodoo program code....).

Or is it simply impossible ?
                        Yeah, this would be especially cool while running the IPR...

-Alan

Comment

+1 for the gloom and glare at rendertime adjustable live while rendering andthe gloom that don't blur the whole image but just where the highlights ( or luminous parts.. ) are in the image, like Fstorm and corona. BTW, I saw that the Alsurface will be integrated into 3,5, does it support now the raytrace and ID ? And did you added the translucency and backscatter ? Thank's Vlado !

Comment

Any info on the issue with progressive and DR nodes? That if I remove a DR node the progressive render basically stops since there is no backup data for a lost rendernode?
                            Software:
                            Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
                            3ds Max 2016 SP4
                            V-Ray Adv 3.60.04

Hardware:
                            Intel Core i7-4930K @ 3.40 GHz
                            NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (4096MB RAM)
                            64GB RAM

DxDiag

Comment

Originally posted by Art48 View Post
                              Any info on the issue with progressive and DR nodes? That if I remove a DR node the progressive render basically stops since there is no backup data for a lost rendernode?
                              We are working on this, but I don't have any specific news yet.

Best regards,
                              Vlado
                              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Are there plans to make the lens effects to interactively update when using the denoiser? At the moment you have to manually click Update in the denoiser render element each time you change something in the lens effects panel.

And another thing. I can't lock the rendered view with IPR even if I have locked it in Render Setup prior to starting the IPR. Is this going to be fixed for the official version or is this a limitation in Max which can't be worked around without the Autodesk guys doing something about it? I remember that you could lock it with Vray RT so maybe it's possible with IPR too?
                                Last edited by Alex_M; 03-12-2016, 10:21 AM.
                                Aleksandar Mitov
                                www.renarvisuals.com
                                office@renarvisuals.com

3ds Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1
                                AMD Ryzen 9 9950X 16-core
                                64GB DDR5
                                GeForce RTX 3090 24GB + GPU Driver 551.86

Comment

Working...
                                X