Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the "Vray Mesh Export" dialog, can you add a check box next to automatically create proxy to keep the original mesh and not delete it. This means you can edit the original mesh and update the proxy easily in future.
    Resolution Digital
    www.resolutiondigital.co.uk

Comment

Simply deselect the automatically create proxy box.
      HIDE the original mesh (note this will waste memory)
      Then load the saved proxy as required and if you need to edit/update the original, unhide it, make edits, then resave the proxy mesh.

NOTE: Also take a look at the modify panel, when you have a proxy object selected, plenty of handy controls there

Comment

Apologies if this has been previously suggested, but for VFB 2.0 it would be really awesome to see mask-based adjustments in the framebuffer. Either from multi-matte elements or just normal elements (e.g. VRayColor in a VRayExtraTex with an include/exclude list). For my company it would be awesome to stay inside Max and V-Ray without having to go into Photoshop for post.

Comment

Idea: Separate passes for denoiser and bloom/glare effectsresult image. (this might be a bug....)

Why: Currently if I use the lens effects it disables the denoiser effectsresult pass. So now I end up having to go through the save process twice, once without the bloom/glare so I can save a denoised image and again to save the bloom/glare versions. Also, if I have the bloom/glare enabled when opening a new vrimg it won't save the denoised image when saving all passes at once.... So then I have to again open the vrimg and save the image pass a 3rd time just to make sure everything is saved. *groan*

Comment

Is it possible to enable VrayClipper in viewport like camera clipping technique without making any mesh slicing ? ... i think it will be very useful in large scenes when you want to work on specific area and using hide\unhide way will affect some part connected to the whole scene that must be visible when you are working in that specific area ...

Comment

An IOR map to put in the reflection map with real IOR values for e.g. metals
              Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
              www.AddYourLight.com
              Always looking to learn, become better and serve better.

Comment

Originally posted by MANUEL_MOUSIOL View Post
                An IOR map to put in the reflection map with real IOR values for e.g. metals
                https://www.sigershop.eu/free-3ds-ma...omplexfresnel/
                A.

---------------------
                www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

his free plugins doesnt work with GPU last I checked
                  Kind Regards,
                  Morne

Comment

Originally posted by Morne View Post

his free plugins doesnt work with GPU last I checked
                    thats what I was about to test.
                    so my request is still valid.
                    Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
                    www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

Can't you use this approach - https://www.chaosgroup.com/blog/understanding-metalness ?
                      If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
                      Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by slizer View Post
                        Cool, I didn't know there was a conversion table. That helps.
                        Being able to put in the the ior values would be great though, with other materials not being in the table maybe..
                        www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

Another one:
                          a better vray message window which is scrollable to the beginning, saveable and points out the materials and objects that are related to warning and error messages. Ideally I could click on the message and the window will bring up or select the culprit in question.
                          Most of the time I am ignoring most messages because it's nearly impossible to find the material or object is referring to, which makes the messages pointless.
                          I would also like to know more about vram consumption to better find out what's eating most vram in my GPU scene, so I can easily optimize.
                          Having the vray messages open became essential to me, but it's still hard to follow, go back and solve the problems.
                          Related to this would be an analysis tool for memory consumption so I can check before even having to go through the whole rendering process where things can be optimized.
                          I guess when GPUs have terabytes of ram this will be not necessary, but right now I'm running out of vram quickly with my 11gb.
                          Last edited by MANUEL_MOUSIOL; 30-04-2019, 01:57 PM.
                          www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

Would be nice to be able to cancel proxy mesh export.
                            A.

---------------------
                            www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Originally posted by MANUEL_MOUSIOL View Post

Cool, I didn't know there was a conversion table. That helps.
                              Being able to put in the the ior values would be great though, with other materials not being in the table maybe..
                              You can do your own conversions using this code:
                              https://github.com/vkoylazov/metalness

I'd be interesting in a built-in list with just the most common metals. I doubt I'll ever need the exact values for Ruthenium, but quickly going between metals commonly used in architecture and CGI would be helpful, like iron, steel, aluminum, gold, silver, brass, etc.
                              __
                              https://surfaceimperfections.com/

Comment

An option to have all render elements denoise by default.

On or off tick box.

Comment

Working...
                                X