Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1: A way to quickly switch to RGB layer only, ie hiding all the corrections. Something like alt-clicking the eye on the RGB layer, toggling off the eye's of all other layers.

2: Switch to RGB button next to the layers dropdown. Yes, you can simply click the dropdown and then select RGB again. However, bringing back the switch to RGB button saves you one click. And I do that a hundred times a day, so it would be a time saver. It's the small things...
    https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Sharpen post effect layer in the VFB
      Set V-Ray class properties en masse with the VMC script
      Follow me for script updates: @ollyspolys

Comment

Please reduce the impact of VRay on 3dsmax performance to a minimum! - Currently there is a huge diffrence between a fresh installed 3dsmax without VRay and with VRay. Please optimize code in terms of speed and lightweight, so that no performance slowdowns happen.

Comment

Originally posted by TubeSmokeGuy View Post
          Please reduce the impact of VRay on 3dsmax performance to a minimum! - Currently there is a huge diffrence between a fresh installed 3dsmax without VRay and with VRay. Please optimize code in terms of speed and lightweight, so that no performance slowdowns happen.
          I'm only getting those when the licensing is waiting to be read.
          That's a thing which should disappear if you borrow it (it does here.) as it's read locally, and not through the internet.
          Do you have anything specific to report?

Lele
          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
          ----------------------
          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Can the display of Tif-files as the backround please be fixed? Right now the Tifs are shown extremely washed-out, no matter if it is 8 or 16bit.

Comment

Originally posted by kosso_olli View Post
              Can the display of Tif-files as the backround please be fixed? Right now the Tifs are shown extremely washed-out, no matter if it is 8 or 16bit.
              I have to ask: why a Tiff and not a Png, if you don't use 32bpc?
              Lele
              ----------------------

Disclaimer:
              The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
                I have to ask: why a Tiff and not a Png, if you don't use 32bpc?
                Because we mostly get the plates as 16bit Tif. For the full resolution, we usually convert them. But if deadline is tight, it would be quicker not to convert them.

Comment

Yeah, the isue with Tiff is that the format comes with a nearly endless amount of flavours (i.e. minor variations to the way images are encoded).
                  It'd save you from surprises if you ingested the incoming footage (no need for a human to do it, it's a simple macro-like task, or photoshop action) into a slightly less variable format, like PNG (which can do 16bit int.) or Tx.
                  We don't do anything specific to Tiff files, to my knowledge: we use the Max Tiff reader method, and are at its mercy.
                  I may be proven wrong on the above, but regardless that's why i suggested for a quick conversion, with the right tools to handle all the flavours, as unskippable first step.
                  Lele
                  ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Any thoughts on the suggestions from this ol' thread: Vray 3: features not yet included from previous wishlist posts

Set V-Ray class properties en masse with the VMC script
                    Follow me for script updates: @ollyspolys

Comment

• Add a panorama viewer feature to the VFB and let us view 360° renders during rendertime.

Comment

• Proper support for lens effects in 360° renders. Especially cube style renders.
                        German guy, sorry for my English.

Comment

• Would love if the background layer in the VFB would have the same behavior as putting an image (screen mapping) in the Environment slot.

See attached examples.

The Background layer in the VFB does not respect shadows cast on a matte object. It also has a white outline around the object. Being able to put the background layer on top of everything else would allow changes post production to the rest of the rendering but not on a background layer. Right now the only way to do that is in Photoshop.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• An article a few years ago, I found a very interesting article.
                            "How to generate an IES file from caustics"
                            Here and here
                            (Russian)

This is my test.
                            The following uses only IES Light. Caustics are not calculated.

Click image for larger version  Name:	finalrender.jpg Views:	0 Size:	205.0 KB ID:	1114408Click image for larger version  Name:	mirrorball.jpg Views:	0 Size:	159.3 KB ID:	1114409

Is it possible to do the same thing by simply adding the spherical projector function to the VRaySphere light?
                            Last edited by flat; 21-05-2021, 06:18 AM.

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
                            oakcorp.net
                            v-ray.jp

Comment

• Having a Material Library Browser with nice Shaderballs is a very nice thing indeed. Generating your own Library assets is also quiet cool. But I am missing logical tools for simple managing things like Rename, Delete, Add and Remove Materials. For now it feels like everything is unchangeable carved in stone, or is only editable by renewing/rendering whole Lib again. Also to create categories for my Matlibs should be a basic feature. Now we only have V-Ray Material Library and everything is listed underneath. That should might bring this Browser more distinguish from the Matlib Browser present from the native Max´s Materialeditor one, where you can do all these things without any trouble. Or what is the goal with V-Rays Mat Browser at all?

btw: while the render creation process of one of my matlib files, it crashes, while the process encounters a SOftbox for instance. Can it skip these kinds of nodes?
                              Last edited by caypiranha; 27-05-2021, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• Pleases add an opacity slider to Vray Denoiser Tool to reduce the opacity of the denoise effect like in VFB.

Comment

Working...
                                X