This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post

Regarding your problem, in Max 2024, you can right click on a setting an set it as a default, so that might solve it.
    Ah! Yes I forgot about that! Thanks
    James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
    Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

Originally posted by Pixelcon View Post

It barely makes a difference, but it is a difference. You can probably ignore it. I do wonder why it even exists as a setting.
      I've found working in meters, a shadow bias of 0.002 works better than the default of 0.02. You get more micro shadow details on on things such as bricks and vegetation.

Comment

Sorry for the offtopic. Are we talking about 0.002 meters or centimeters because: I work in meters but display in cm. And I just noticed that my sun was at a shadow bias of 20 cm. I've now put it at 0.002 cm, but if I ctrl right click it defaults back to 20 cm. So that's the default apparently.
        A.

---------------------
        www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Reorder VFB History (drag and drop).

Comment

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
            Sorry for the offtopic. Are we talking about 0.002 meters or centimeters because: I work in meters but display in cm. And I just noticed that my sun was at a shadow bias of 20 cm. I've now put it at 0.002 cm, but if I ctrl right click it defaults back to 20 cm. So that's the default apparently.
            My display is meters, so for me it defaults to .2 (scene units) meaning 20cm. I drop it to .002 meaning 2mm. You can set it to 0 but I imagine that causes some sort of interdimensional rift.
            I presume that's what DanSHP means

Comment

VRay's VFB can read the Object ID and Material ID masks in .exr exported from Chaos Vantage.
              I often use VRay's VFB to add lens effects to exr exported by Vantage. It's much more realistic than the simple glare in Vantage.
              It would be great if VFB could also read the Object ID and Material ID masks.
              Software: 3DsMax 2021.3 / 2024.2 | VRay 6 GPU + Chaos Vantage
              Hardware: i9-13900k | RTX 4090
              e-mail: imhill820@gmail.com

Comment

Clean all VFB Layers
                Sometimes I received a file where VFB has lots of Layers and I just need Exposure, we have the delete button that also deletes selected layers, but I wonder if we could have a single button to clean all
                Carlos Rodriguez
                RTstudio
                Tutorials

Comment

Working...
                X