Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Negative horizon offset for VraySky to shift the horizon upwards. Right now the lowest value is 0.
    https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

Cryptomatte improvements:

- Cryptomatte material differentiation between materials with the same name. As reported already, when materials share the same name, whether or not belonging to different multisub materials, Vray considers them the same material for masking, not sure what happens in compositing software. Unfortunately when working with external assets, people tend to name things like trunk or leafs, which, if you have 50 plants and trees from different sources, can be quite a hassle to rename manually. (VrayCryptoMatte, doesn't work with Xref Materials. - Chaos Forums​)

- Please fix the bug where some symbols like = or ; in object names or material names makes cryptomatte not work for masks

- Make cryptomatte work with Xref Materials from Xref Objects. Right now they don't work. I've put this on the wishlist although it's considered a bug (VMAX-13406), but for me it's a big wish to have this working.
      Last edited by Vizioen; 28-05-2024, 02:31 AM.
      A.

---------------------
      www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

VFB - Clarity + Black & White Layer

I ussually use it in post, most of the time this 2 layers make a really good color / texture adjutsment, it would be great if we could have it directly in the VFB
        Carlos Rodriguez
        RTstudio
        Tutorials

Comment

Can we get Shutter Efficiency and Bias controls to work with VrayPhysical Cameras (and ideally be set in the camera itself)? Right now to get those effects you have to switch to a Max camera, enable motion blur in the render settings, and you have to setup exposure in the environment panel if you have been using it with the VRayCamera. Would be nice to just have these controls in the camera itself.

Or tell me I am doing it wrong and that there is a way already.

Thanks.

Comment

Dock Cosmos into 3ds Max UI

Comment

Create multiple Lens Effects layers in vfb so that different glow sizes can be set for each part through a Cryptomat mask

Comment

VrayVolumeMTL: Exclusive Tutorial: Create God Rays with Chaos Corona Render (youtube.com)​ just like corona, to set something similar up in Vray is just cumbersome.
                A.

---------------------
                www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
                  VrayVolumeMTL: Exclusive Tutorial: Create God Rays with Chaos Corona Render (youtube.com)​ just like corona, to set something similar up in Vray is just cumbersome.
                  The setup is identical in V-Ray, only one has to use the ScatterVolume shader, and the "directionality" parameter is called "Phase" for us.

Lele
                  Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                  ----------------------
                  emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                  The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
                    The setup is identical in V-Ray, only one has to use the ScatterVolume shader, and the "directionality" parameter is called "Phase" for us.
                    Sorry for the offtopic

Thx Lele I was testing this before posting but couldn't get the results I wanted. After some more fiddling I managed to get something more close although I'm not sure what values are 'correct' for the scatter radius, or what the math behind it is as I have to put very large values in here (150000) for my scene to not appear complete black. Is there some sort of rough calculation we can use to estimate which ballpark might be ok depending on size of the volume / scene?

My scene also crashed a couple of times when using IPR and changing some values. Even with just a vraysun + clouds and a vrayplane (grey material), on a resolution of 700 x 1000, without the volumematerial + box (just to test the position of the clouds / sun), IPR updates extremely slow, probably because of the clouds.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Test.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	1210511
                    A.

---------------------
                    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Add shadow softness/sharpness controls in V-RayDome (with HDRI).
                      (Control the size of light-generating pixels within HDRI?)

In other words, if the Dome texture sampling generates internal lights, it would be nice to be able to adjust the size of the lights (soft shadows/sharp shadows).​

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
                      oakcorp.net
                      v-ray.jp

Comment

A little announcement - we now have a dedicated portal for sharing ideas - http://chaos.com/ideas/vray

The "New feature ideas" threads will remain active as long as we need them. In the meantime you can give a good initial push to the new portal by adding the things from here

If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
                        Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by matanov View Post
                          A little announcement - we now have a dedicated portal for sharing ideas - http://chaos.com/ideas/vray

The "New feature ideas" threads will remain active as long as we need them. In the meantime you can give a good initial push to the new portal by adding the things from here
                          That's nice, a lot more handy. But in the subcategories, I think you should add a VFB section as well. Too important for the artist.
                          A.

---------------------
                          www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post

That's nice, a lot more handy. But in the subcategories, I think you should add a VFB section as well. Too important for the artist.
                            Hi, since VFB is a shared component between the integrations, it has its own Space. it's the last option at the bottom. Please use it to share your ideas. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dimitar_panayotov View Post

Hi, since VFB is a shared component between the integrations, it has its own Space. it's the last option at the bottom. Please use it to share your ideas. Thanks
                              Aah great! I didn't see that, thanks!
                              A.

---------------------
                              www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

So when I'm not logged in on the ideas portal, I can't see the ideas I posted, not sure if that's normal behaviour.
                                A.

---------------------
                                www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Working...
                                X